It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Trade Center Employee Discusses pre 9/11 Power Downs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

by JF Ranger
World911Truth.org

NEW YORK — A new witness confirms the WTC power down on the weekend before 9/11.

Gary Corbett is a former employee of Fiduciary Trust Company International, a bank that occupied the 90th and the 94th to 97th floors of World Trade Center Two (the South Tower) and which lost 96 employees during the September 11 attacks. Corbett, who worked on the 97th floor, says there was a ‘power down’ on the week-end prior to September 11 for approximately 24 to 36 hours. During this period, he says, “there was a complete breakdown of security that weekend because of the power down.”

According to Corbett, the power down started on Friday night, at close of business and only came back on Sunday afternoon.

I have heard about the power downs before but I just came across this so hit the link and happy reading.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 16/9/2010 by Sauron because: Added ex tags and fixed external link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
These power downs have bugged the f-heck out of me for so long !
That and the lack of military jet response.
My Daddy did not fight WW2 for this disinfo we are being fed.
blessings 2 U.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thousands of people would have been affected by a power outage if the circumstances were as described by the two men in the article. Yet only two are making the claim? Smells fishy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKWWWW
Thousands of people would have been affected by a power outage if the circumstances were as described by the two men in the article. Yet only two are making the claim? Smells fishy.

Especially where proof is available that there was no power down as they claim
forums.randi.org...

Obviously truthers have never worked in a building where a powerdown occured - anyway, do truthers think the many man months of work, and tonnes of explosives were installed over a weekend? What about the other 2 WTC buildings that came down, and why didnt the people who worked on the floors notice all the holes knocked in the walls, all the wiring/detcord or the tonnes of explosives all wired up?

edit on 16/9/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

A ticket to the top floor of a building and thinking paperwork is needed for such powerdowns is not evidence.

You have no proof that said powerdowns did not happen, another Truster lie !

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by dereks

A ticket to the top floor of a building and thinking paperwork is needed for such powerdowns is not evidence.

You have no proof that said powerdowns did not happen, another Truster lie !

The burden of proof is on those who make the extraordinary claim that the power was cut off for 36 hours just prior to 9-11. Evidence please.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously

by JF Ranger
World911Truth.org

NEW YORK — A new witness confirms the WTC power down on the weekend before 9/11.

Gary Corbett is a former employee of Fiduciary Trust Company International, a bank that occupied the 90th and the 94th to 97th floors of World Trade Center Two (the South Tower) and which lost 96 employees during the September 11 attacks. Corbett, who worked on the 97th floor, says there was a ‘power down’ on the week-end prior to September 11 for approximately 24 to 36 hours. During this period, he says, “there was a complete breakdown of security that weekend because of the power down.”

According to Corbett, the power down started on Friday night, at close of business and only came back on Sunday afternoon.

I have heard about the power downs before but I just came across this so hit the link and happy reading.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 16/9/2010 by Sauron because: Added ex tags and fixed external link

Great thread my friend,star and flag
,I find it amazing how much of this stuff is in the public[thanks to you]and still nothing will be done about it.
A power down ,i have pictures of black ops streaming all over the building with back packs full of explosives in my head
,its a disgrace what happened,i never ever heard this before
This is another huge part of the puzzle. nice one for the link

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Great thread my friend,star and flag ,I find it amazing how much of this stuff is in the public[thanks to you]and still nothing will be done about it.
A power down ,i have pictures of black ops streaming all over the building with back packs full of explosives in my head ,its a disgrace what happened,i never ever heard this before This is another huge part of the puzzle. nice one for the link
[/ex

Dream on... Its all a lie made up by a fruitcake

As other posters have stated - was no "power down" , elevator was running normal. observation deck open for
business

In addition tens of thousands worked in those buildings - yet only ONE PERSON got the notice ! Been involved in power down/upgrades for businesses. EVERYBODY is warned, repeatedly. Servers and other equipment shut down to avoid damage and have to be repowered when done. Takes many people - yet this nut job is only person who knew.

Sorry not true.....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
As other posters have stated - was no "power down" , elevator was running normal. observation deck open for
business

In addition tens of thousands worked in those buildings - yet only ONE PERSON got the notice ! Been involved in power down/upgrades for businesses. EVERYBODY is warned, repeatedly. Servers and other equipment shut down to avoid damage and have to be repowered when done. Takes many people - yet this nut job is only person who knew.

Actually, I can entirely believe it is, but for his company only.

I mean, the two people who've stated this so far worked for the same company as far as I know, Fiduciary Trust. It's not inconceivable that they were having work done on their area of the towers and it would make the most sense overall. Some things are complete rubbish though like powering down means security cameras don't operate. Every system I am aware of runs power to the cameras from a central source, rather than relying on local power. (Sometimes it changes when there are ground potential issues but it's a big topic)

So yeah it makes perfect sense to me that his company had some improvements going on, it would explain why he thinks there was a more universal power down, why he noticed dust etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

If only his company Fiducary Trust was involved why did he morp it into entire building being powered down?

When challenged try to stick with story

Been involved in several of these - know the amount of planning and numerous E Mails and messages flying around telling everyone.

Spent much OT shutting down computers/servers and then repowering once done.

Like all 911 lies seems to have infinite life. Every few weeks some idiots repeats the lie and us debunkers have
to slap back to reality.....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If only his company Fiducary Trust was involved why did he morp it into entire building being powered down?

When challenged try to stick with story

I really don't know, it could be bad recollection, speculation or intentional distortion. I don't know the man and don't know his motives, but at least one person seems to have corroborated it so there should be at least a morsel of truth to the story.

Been involved in several of these - know the amount of planning and numerous E Mails and messages flying around telling everyone.

Spent much OT shutting down computers/servers and then repowering once done.

Ditto, there's no doubt there would be some record of this. It's possible that the primary MX / storage was destroyed but if they didn't have backups they're idiots. Still, it's possible this evidence discusses only power downs on those floors, but again I don't know these people and don't want to start saying what they would and would not do.

Suffice it to say that
a) Shutting down power to certain floors is unlikely to shut down security
b) Shutting down power is not sufficient cover for any type of explosive demolition
c) Without more details, the most parsimonious explanation is that the shut down affected at minimum his floor / company floors only

Like all 911 lies seems to have infinite life. Every few weeks some idiots repeats the lie and us debunkers have
to slap back to reality.....

That's why I vanish from here for months at a time, I get sick and tired of typing out the same thing over and over. I should really just keep a library of stock responses, but that would be quite rude. I'm not accusing you directly, but I do get tired of aggressive attitudes towards Truthers. It's true that many of them are not going to change their minds or progress their ideas, but I'm sure there are many people who genuinely don't know what occured.

If I could find a way to reach those people directly, I would, but we should be careful to be polite and not just assume someone who's only seen this claim today is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

yet this nut job is only person who knew. Sorry not true.....

Gotta love it when the skeptics spread lies on the forums. This "nut job" isn't the only person who knew. There were at least 2 people from Fiduciary Trust, and William Rodriguez also confirmed the power-down. That's at least 3 people.

For you to say "sorry not true", you're just blatantly calling these people liars. It may be easy for some of you to go around calling people liars, but most of us in the civilized world don't do that.

How some people can look at themselves in the mirror or sleep at night is beyond me. Calling all truthers liars and calling witnesses liars. Everybody is a liar so you can live in a denial-driven fantasy world.

Disgusting...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You mean to say that Mr Rodriguez finally remembered something about the power downs five or six years after the event right? Because it took him that long to add the power down to his story.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Because it took him that long to add the power down to his story.

And as my previous post pointed out, it's much easier for you to call the witnesses liars or accuse them of fabrications.

Even knowing the tower couldn't possibly have been set up for demolition in that weekend power-down, the notion of a power-down still scares the debunkers. Why?

Calling the witnesses liars doesn't make the power-down false.

Playing the debunker game, I can just claim that the ticket was fabricated. One ticket versus 3 witnesses. Hmmm, who do we believe.....???

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My question is how the power-down is directly linked to the 9/11 event? I would imagine that rigging the WTC with explosives would take more than a few days. Perhaps someone with experience in structural demolition could make an estimate about how long it would take to rig the WTC?

911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

This is great information. I had not heard about these power-downs. Based on this witnesses testimony, if true, presents the greatest link to the possibility that explosives were planted. No security cameras, no security locks, and many "engineers" coming in and out of the building during the time. This fits precisely the kind of time-frame needed to install explosives in key areas. Isn't also true that the Security company at the time was ran by one of the Bush's or somebody in the administration?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Scare us? You are kidding right?

No, its merely one more pathetic attempt for truthers to create something out of nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
No, its merely one more pathetic attempt for truthers to create something out of nothing.

Did you even read my post? If explosives couldn't have been set up in that weekend, why do the witnesses still have to be called liars?

Sounds like another pathetic attempt for trusters to accuse witnesses of lying about nothing.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by _BoneZ_

But you still fail how to explain that out of thousands of people who worked or visited the towers that weekend, how only three people actually noticed. Don't you think that a major power outage, stopping elevators, basic services, etc would have been reported widely? I'm sorry...you are the one grasping for straws, the supposed truth movement is on its last legs and that must be terrifying to you people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by ExPostFacto

And you think out of the hundreds of people it would take to be in the building at the same time to plant this stuff, not one person would have stepped forward and admitted the truth? For a project this size thousands of people had to be in cooperation and one would have leaked by now.

And the engineers thing...how many people actually know what an engineer is dresses like? Is their an engineer uniform that I'm not aware of?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join