It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read this book? Robert Ludlums' "The Prometheus Deception"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you are fans of Ludlum or not, he's one of my favorites, he most recently has a book that became a movie of the same name "The Bourne Identity".

The thing is I recently began to read "The Prometheus Deception" and although I've not quite finished it yet, its given me chills at how close it tracks everything that has happened since say August of 2000. We're talking bombings in train stations all over the world, blowing actual trains off of the tracks, shooting planes out of the sky right after take-off, Anthrax attacks, you know the gamut of terrorist tactics. The only thing not done was the twin towers and Ludlum probably figured it had already been done with the early 90's truck bombing, why would they revisit a target right? Little did he know what sick bastards we were dealing with eh?

The thing is that this book came out in early 2000, before the terrorist began to single out the US as a target, before 9-11 we thought the attacks were random nut cases with too much time on thier hands.

Well now you think back to those individual accounts that may have been dismisses as accidents or pilot error or equipment failures. As an example: the aircraft that went down right after take-off from Florida heading for Europe in 2000, it was explained as an equipment failure; even though there were eye witnesses on the beach that said they saw a missle launched from the beach that blew the crew cabin completely off the aircraft. Those stories were buried and the witnesses were said to be less than reliable. Basically it was written the same way in Ludlums' book.

Pick it up, it's freaky as hell and a good read as well.
I won't give too much of the plot line away but Ludlum creates a group of shadow orgs that sound a helluva lot like the NWO, Illuminati, Bunderstag or whatever the hell its called.

[Edited on 16-3-2003 by USMC Harrier]

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hey there USMC!

I have read the book and completly agree with you that it has very creepy accuricies about future events!

Another book i finished a couple of days ago was
Tom Clancy's Executive Order.

That was a really good book, but the plane crashes and the whole events surrounding the second plot in the book is way to close to recent events!

Great book, kinda big but will take you on a trip that you'll never forget!!

Apart from that Hi all

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I read this one a while back "Tom Clancy's Executive Order" also a goody.

That series is well written and also had many similarities to todays current events.

Make you wonder if these authors get called on the political carpet for reading the puny minds of our so called leaders.

join