It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say goodbye to the Establishmet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
While anyone with a brain could tell you that not even 10% of establishment Republicans were defeated in their primaries by Tea Party backed candidates, but what is driving this tide is the fear among Republicans that they could be next. With the upset in two of the most Liberal states of New York and Delaware, the establishment Republican was defeated by the outsider Tea Party backed candidate.

What does this mean for the future of the Republican Party?

It means that few if any Republicans would be willing from now on to challenge the Tea Party. The grassroots Conservatives have now shown their muscle and proved to the establishment that anyone they put up, they can knock down. As predicted just 1 year ago, "The Republican Party will enter a civil war". Well... they have.

It is the establishment Republicans versus the Tea Party Republicans. The power is not in the numbers, but rather in fear. The TPM have proven that they can successfully challenge even the most well-off candidates if they do not adhere to a strict form of Conservatism.

What we are seeing is a new Republican Party, where the grassroots holds the establishment at gunpoint. It's much like the tail wagging the dog.

While I see these Tea Party candidates of the most extreme politicians ever, I do admire it in a way. The people are expressing their anger by putting in the candidates that they choose, not who they are told to support. Although these candidates, like the Tea Party, receive much of their funding from Freedom Works and the Koch Brothers, it is still the force of the Conservative people behind them.

On the Left:

A little known election happened in New Hampshire last night as well, the Liberal candidate in the race backed by MoveOn.org defeated the establishment Blue Dog Democrat by good margins.

I believe that this is not just a populist uprising on the right, but there will also be one on the left coming as well. With grassroots action becoming more heavy on the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party I believe that in 2012 we could have the same thing that is happening now with Republicans happen to Democrats.

We will now be entering a time when our political system will work more like a Parliamentary system, where politicians don't stray away from their party and the people who elect them. And if they do, they won't be re-elected, they will be thrown out.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
NY and Del...."Liberal States"

I think the establishment GOP losing to TP candidates in "Nominations" for the general election...

Reflects that these were "Liberal States" where establishment GOP...as well as TP candidates are unlikely to win in the general election.

If the establishment GOP feels a a race is able to be won, they will run a heavyweight and throw money and resources behind the establishment GOP candidate....that will be the test for Establichment GOP vs. TP.

So far the TP candidates have only won in races the GOP had already written off as ultimately going to Democrats anyways.

Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Actually the Tea Party won in Nevada where the Democrats were expected to be destroyed. In Delaware with Castle they gave up on a Democratric win. New York was already competitive, now it's pretty much a Democrat hold.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
hearty lols at people for suggesting the tea party is not establishment

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I said the same thing in another thread: the Republican party is collapsing in on itself. At this point I think that it will cause a new branch of the government to form, but who can really say.

And I do believe that the Tea Party is more than just a "movement" at this point. Watch the news and hear that a TP Candidate has just beat out a Republican for the current race and then come back and tell me I'm wrong.*

* don't bother. I won't believe you

edit on 15-9-2010 by Alora because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The power is not in the numbers, but rather in fear.

the grassroots holds the establishment at gunpoint

Tea Party candidates of the most extreme politicians ever

If you are going to regurgitated information from a source that shares your worldview and feeds you the talking points you want to hear; Links please.

We will now be entering a time when our political system will work more like a Parliamentary system, where politicians don't stray away from their party and the people who elect them.

Your conclusion firmly contradicts the entire premise of your argument...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Those are not talking points unless you consider what I say to be talking points.

And it is not contradictory if you understand the premise. The new era will be two parties that have purified themselves into obedience.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Face it, they will never go away unless something like an asteroid hits earth and they all die.
These people don't give up, they just won't let you be, they like control. If they have no control they are not alive, it's just how some are. They just don't like you free and happy, it makes them sad and depressed and they just get more angry. We are not responsible for their anger, these people are polite but fake, they will give you a fake smile just like the candy man. They are fake, not real, we are and they hate that. So you see them on tv polite, you know, the man in the white suit, or the lady in the red dress, but it's fake, fake smile, fake words, it is almost as they are not real. Impression does not count in my opinion, it's what is inside. They just talk are polite, tricks and fake.
Now on the other side lies the potential, the human factor, going deep into things, we are amazing, we see little details and they use us because they do not have the capabilities like we do. Simply they are worthless. We build all the things you see around you and they use it against us. It's Control.

top topics

join