It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real IRA says it will target UK bankers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Real IRA says it will target UK bankers!

www.guardian.co.uk

Banks and bankers are now potential targets for the Real IRA, leaders of the dissident republican terror group have warned in an exclusive interview with the Guardian. Despite having only 100 activists they also said that targets in England remained a high priority.

In an attempt to tap into the intense hostility towards the banks on both sides of the Irish border they branded bankers as "criminals" and said: "We have a track record of attacking high-profile economic targets and financial institutions such as the City of London. The role of bankers and the institutions they serve in fina
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.u.tv
topnews.co.uk

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Technically this is nothing new, as several of their attacks have been strictly on civilians. Some of whom could very well have been bankers.

The authorities are trying to downplay the threat of the attack, stating that the group do not have the logistical or technical ability to carry out such attacks.

Personally I think it would be relatively easy for them to bomb a bank and kill members of staff considering they were able to plant a bomb right outside the MI5 headquarters in Belfast.

Lets hope this is just an idle threat.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Video from Aljazeera;

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
maybe this will catch on in america..
maybe it will spread to all the other criminally insane
like blair hayward, bush cheney rumsfield rice
and other murderous bastards.
SIEMPRE LIBERTAD!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well considering what the banks did to the world maybe this is just fitting for them, just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Even considering that 'the real' IRA are one of the smaller weaker forms of IRA, the authorities are severely underestimating them,

Even after a lot of disarming and handing in of weapons, they still have massive stock piles of weapons & explosives, not to mention how easy it is for soliders to create their weapon of choice, the pipe bomb. IRA members & soldiers never make empty threats, citizens of Britain beware.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I tell yea what! this is not to be taking lightly,, the Banker's must be Sh%&ing themselves, an yea know something?
I think most People will be saying to themselves it serves them wright! because not many have gone to gaol yet as far as I can see...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

See I think you're right there. This is a way of drumming up support by making attacks on a common enemy. Many behind closed doors may be secretly approving of this threat. I think the Real IRA are tapping into the disaffected feelings of a large portion of society, and trying to appeal to them. Albeit in a very extreme way, which the majority, but not all will not be so supportive of.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, one thing I've never understood about the alleged terrorists is that they go for the ordinary people who wish them no harm, instead of the criminal nazi elite who cause all the problems. So, if we have to have terrorism, which I wish we didn't, this at least makes more sense!

However, I find this suspicious. Just as the Muslim terrorist scenario is allowed to die down because it was overplayed, they now resurrect the IRA. If I were a fly on the wall, my guess is the money financing these 'terrorists' would lead to the same nazi criminals.

The agenda is to keep us constantly feeling under threat.

I smell a Zionist ploy.!!

edit on 15-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You are demonstrating a high level of ignorance regarding Irish terrorism as the Provisional IRA attacked political targets, such as the Prime Minister (Conservative Party Conference) and other establishment figures (Mountbatten, Horse Guards), soldiers, as well as large numbers of innocent civilians who they gleefully and unapologetically killed in sectarian and internecine carnage.

Irish terrorism is complex and real. It is not some made up ruse by the Government and it has sod-all to do with Zionism here, so take your misplaced fixation elsewhere.

The Real IRA are just one of the few legacy groups who have not been reconciled to a political settlement. They are after publicity and seem to be getting it, after all the negative publicity when they murdered two soldiers last year. Let’s hope they are stopped.

Those who think killing banker workers is a charming notion should reflect on how thoroughly nasty you are.

Regards

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
Even considering that 'the real' IRA are one of the smaller weaker forms of IRA, the authorities are severely underestimating them,

Even after a lot of disarming and handing in of weapons, they still have massive stock piles of weapons & explosives, not to mention how easy it is for soliders to create their weapon of choice, the pipe bomb. IRA members & soldiers never make empty threats, citizens of Britain beware.

"Citizens of Britain beware"
Yeah, right.

What makes you think that they're being underestimated?

edit on 15-9-2010 by Soshh because: typo

new topics

top topics

join