It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Your Cell Phone Could Be Telling the Government ~ Personal Tracking Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.time.com...

Smart phones do many things these days: surf the Internet, send e-mail, take photos and video (and — oh, yes — send and receive calls). But one thing they can do that phone companies don't advertise is spy on you. As long as you don't leave home without your phone, that handy gadget keeps a record of everywhere you go — a record the government can then get from your telephone company.

I know there are several posts on this subject, but this is finally getting out in the MSM.

The article goes on to say that a federal court ruled the government needs a search warrant in some case to have access to your phone records,and find out where you have been, but that is not good enough. They need a warrant in every case.

It is not hard to imagine that the government could also one day use cell-phone data to stifle dissent. Cell-phone records could tell them who attended an antigovernment rally........Cell-phone data may be the most efficient way ever invented for a government to spy on its people — since people are planting the devices on themselves and even paying the monthly bills. The KGB never had anything like it.

Read more: www.time.com...

Does it still send signals if the power is off?.... Did someone here recently say you could wrap your phone in foil to stop it? lol. Maybe soon will will be able to recognize other ATSers in public by their tin foil cover phones.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I really hope my phone is, you know.

Seriously. I'd like to know how many people I can bore to death with my extremely uninteresting life.

At the end of the day, I don't do anything wrong, so I don't care. They can keep track of my movements all they want. It'd just be an insane waste, and it'd actually make me smile to know my mediocre life was draining government money and resources like that.

edit on 15/9/2010 by Ayana because: Said "money and resources" one too many times.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Eliminating the phones signal with tin foil will render it useless. I would put a plastic bucket over my satellite transmitter when I was a truck driver. This let me be undetectable and I would go hundreds of miles off of my route to visit people. Tracking dangerous people could save your life. It is not all bad.

join