It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox 4 beta is awesome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is a link to Firefox 4 beta release. www.mozilla.com...

It has a new improved user interface and looks really nice. Also it has the ability to sync settings and bookmarks on different systems, which is nice since Chrome does that. Also they have the ability to set a tab as an app so it creates a small icon on the tab area that always stays open to the site, great for Facebook or other sites you visit all the time.

Here is a page about more of the features www.mozilla.com...

Official release comes out in November but the beta is great so far, I would recommend giving it a try.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Yes,I tried it out a couple of days ago and it was smoking quick.

I hope all the add on guys get their act together and code them for it.

I uninstalled it because I depend on a lot of add ons that would not work with it.

But it seemed okay.

I hope it is not a memory hog though.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe I'll use FF4 when it's finalized. I just switched to chrome because FF was becoming sluggish. Maybe that will be fixed in the new version. Then again maybe it was all the add-on's I use...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Yes,I tried it out a couple of days ago and it was smoking quick.

I used to use FF full time... But something I always hated was that it would eventually slow right down, I tried everything, kept it clean of addons and all sorts, but for the life of me, after about a month it would always slow down... Been full time Chrome (beta) for ages now, but I am due another browser change as the back button in Chrome now randomly takes me back 2 or 3 pages
- It's a known fault but google is taking their sweet time fixing it!

Will be taking this FF out for a spin now.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Is anyone using Chromium (not Chrome) for Linux? I'm trying it out, as of today. I started to have problems with FireFox running really slow. I'm still trying to get used to Chromium and don't yet have the options the way I want and even then, I suspect I will probably go back to FireFox esp. once the new release is set, but maybe Chromium will be a good secondary choice. I've never liked Opera.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Whimsical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Blah honestly I dislike FF. I constantly have problems with FF being a huge memory hog and it's sooooo slowwwwww. I much prefer Opera. It's the only browser that I've found that can take the beating I dish out
My usual is about 20 tabs open, with more sometimes depending what I'm doing. It's perfect for what I need =p

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyali

Opera person myself - I find FF slows down eventually even after clearing everything....opera has its problem as a general everyday browser its great....

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hey there Tinfoil I love it as well! I was having a weird problem with my prev ver. of FF so I dl'd the new 4beta and it is niiiiice. No complaints just wish they hurry up and get addons updated for it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I just upgraded to Internet Explorer 9 beta for the way it handles HTML5 - gotta say I'm impressed, it also supports addons (finally!) and it is actually looking like a contender for my main browser!! omg I never thought I'd be typing that.... I'm still having issues with Cromes back button but I'v got used to right clicking it and selecting a page any way - I got firefox also of course, just wanted to say that microsoft seem to have done something right again! Lord knows that hardly ever happens *cough Vista pardon me.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 21-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If they get FireBug to work with it I will download it, I can't live without FireBug when I'm making web sites

new topics

top topics

join