It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Got Talent - Who do you think will/should win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Personally, I'm still a bit miffed the magician didn't make top 4 (I could tell how he did his tricks, but his execution of them was flawless), and we got an average male singer instead (boring). At least my other 3 picks made it (Prince Poppycock, the little girl opera singer, and Fighting Gravity).

I think Poppycock might pull off the win. All of these acts will make it though, and have big futures ahead of them (something I could never say about past seasons of this show). The little girl is absolutely amazing...and if nothing else, one should tune in just to hear this to believe it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Evancho is going to win hands down. She has the most amazing talent of them all, even though Poppycock is my personal favorite. My wife and I think Evancho is proof of 'past lives' coming through in that she started singing as she is now several years ago, at age 6 or 7. Her voice is amazing!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Funny, I thought the same thing about her (i.e. evidence of a past life talent). I pretty much think this could explain child prodigies in general.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Absolutely! Her talent is nothing short of uncanny. And it is not just her voice, it is also her pronunciation of the different languages that she is singing that is absolutely perfect.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That's just it...voice is one thing, but these types of songs require an immense amount of control of one's instrument (i.e. voice) as well...which is far beyond the skill one would assign to a 10 year old....even one who has trained as often as she must have. This is beyond just talent, it's a maturity that is simply uncanny. (and unnatural, for this age).

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do also want to give props to 'Fighting Gravity' (FG). Even though I was not overly impressed with the 'space' theme they did last week, they have a really fresh and cool program that they do. I know they will be headlining somewhere in Vegas soon, even though they will not win this show.

Beyond the prodigy child, and the amazing voice and theatrics of Poppycock (my fav), FG has a freshness that I do think will give groups like 'Blue Man' and Cirque do Solei a run for their money on the Vegas Strip.

By the way, since you are a Super Mod, and I am a newbie, I hope that you do not mind me asking a non-thread related question...with all of the new changes, how does one make a BTS thread. Thanks, and I hope more people join this discussion. My family and I are America's Got Talent addicts,

And one other thing, Howie is way better than the Hoff Man, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
HUH?

Grimm?!?!?!?

Really?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Didn't see that coming.... He shouldn't have even been in the final four... (I mean, he sings a Michael Bolton song, and sounds just like him...what the heck?)....

with all of the new changes, how does one make a BTS thread.

Same as you would for any other forum. You should see a new thread option at the top of the individual subject forum, when viewing the threads in that forum.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Though the man in me doesn't want to publicly admit this... Poppycock should have won!!!

At least that's how I saw it. I'd pay to see Poppycock in a Vegas show. No slight to Mr. Grimm but I can see people exactly like him at the local bar on karoake night.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There is no way I would pay to go see Grimm anywhere.

FG, Jackie, and Poppycock, absolutely...I would even pay good money to see any of those three.

Imagine the shows that Poppycock or FG will be able to make with larger budgets and vegas backing?!?!?!

And as far as singing goes, Jackie E makes Grimm lool like a toddler!!!

(btw, thanks for the BTS info)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As the above posters have said, I'd pay to see THOSE acts, but not Grimm...

No slight to Mr. Grimm but I can see people exactly like him at the local bar on karoake night.

He even sang the quintessential Karaoke song....Bobby McGee.... Seriously?

What the heck was America thinking. Still though, I have no doubt that the other three acts will find huge success.

Did anybody else catch it last night though? When Evancho was singing with her "idol", she gave Sarah a look that said, "This lady can't hold a candle to me!"
The sad thing is, she's right, Jackie was hitting it way better. Unfortunately, I'm getting the impression that this little girl is basically a slightly older toddlers in tiaras candidate (and is likely a little you know what on wheels). Still, she's mad talented though.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Im sorry found this thread so late.. I would sleep on the sidewalk for tickets to see a Adam Lambert Poppycock show! To me it is All about the Artist, and Poppycock truly showed many times over he it not only a artist but versital as well. He was not a one trick pony.

Tons of blues singers out there, and as much as I admire the little girls immense talent, I'd hate to see her exploited. Even Pierce said the other group would have a show either way which I believe they will.

Poppycock got the short end on that draw I think....would love to know the voting numbers.

edit on 16-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I always liked Lambert's style, but IMO, Poppycock is several levels above him in regards to overall voice control and range, artistic design and style, and also just pure class.

With a big Las Vegas Budget backing him, and a team of builders and costume designers working for him, the Prince will be even more stunning than anything we saw on the show!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The thing about Poppycock is, he is a unique character, and the performance is a unique concept. That's what makes it enjoyable. You can tell he's as much a visual artist as a singer, and that's what is refreshing about his act. I'm sure he'll find success....while Grimm will put out a failed solo album, and fade into obscurity just like most past winners (with Terry Fader as the exception).

No doubt Fighting Gravity will have their own show (and probably even franchise) soon.

And the little girl will certainly have a lot of doors open for her. She's amazing, to be sure, I just hope it doesn't go to her head (but may already be too late).

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm just still in shock that Grimm won...he reminds of the old 80's commercial "Where's the Beef?"

His personality totally blows, and he is just so mediocre.

IMO, Alice Ridley was 10X better than him!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I can't believe he beat out the magician for top 4...Grosso was pretty darn good at his gig... I mean, sure, I could figure it out (and his stuff was better than Copperfield's first trick)...but he did it well.

Copperfield's second trick was pretty nice though...took me a few minutes to figure that one out, and my wife didn't believe me that I knew, and then kept begging me to tell her how he did it. Eventually I caved of course. If you want to know, I'll tell you, but only in a U2U. (or maybe on RATS).

(I've had friends who were magicians, and I know enough about how the tricks work, to basically dissect them pretty quick. Surprisingly, they all use different combinations of some of the same basic tricks)....

EDIT to add: actually, the closeup magic is much more difficult to perfect/perform than the big tricks...and this is one of the reasons Grosso probably did it in Hollywood, but alas, that isn't going to get votes like the big tricks...

edit on 17-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I do agree with you about Poppycock, I guess my point was more about thier artistic sense. They both seem to have it and it is always entertaining. Lambert was scores above all the others on American Idol, just as Poppycock was on this show.

I agree with the others as well, I wouldn't pay to go see another blues singer. He wasn't bad but he certainly wasnt that good to get my money.I could see him being more of a opening act for someone maybe. Then I wouldn't mind him so much.

Sigh, once again America misses a True Talented Artist.I do think Poppycock will be picked up very fast for a show though.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i'm still in shock that jackie didn't win??? that little girl has more talent in her little finger than michael grimm has in his whole body!! i may never watch this show again. i think alot of people just didn't vote because they already knew jackie would win. if it was up to the judges, she would have won. she sings like an angel and i'm sure she'll have an amazing career--which she richly deserves!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's funny, but I'm sure all of the other finalists (except Grimm) will find good careers... Grimm will fade away quickly....

I can see Fighting Gravity basically following in the Blue Man Group's footprints.
Jackie has a stellar career ahead of her, no doubt.
And what hotel wouldn't headline Prince Poppycock?

It's funny that in a season of winners, the only loser in the bunch won....

new topics

top topics

join