It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could they possibly want from US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
although i'm sure there are millions of planetary systems that are life sustainable. earth is a perfect semi hostile ecosystem the aliens can visit and conduct their own experiments with its inhabitants, and set up a long term base of operations relatively closer to their own home system.

I'm sure they are creating other life forms deep in their cities beneath the oceans and deep in the earth, out of reach of our technology and sight.

they are here because they know something of great importance that benefits them,some great resource?
that we are totally oblivious to and probably wouldn't have a need for even if we did.

maybe they are here just for entertainment"a great vacation spot" to relax and enjoy the wildlife?

they grow us so they can feed off us like vampires and this is why we age and die after they suck all the essence from us...lol

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I am trying to figure if a creature with a triple helix DNA structure would precede or follow a creature with a double helix DNA structure?
Remember Carl Sagan's 'message to the stars' and the Chilbolton Crop circle which was the response that appeared? They (aliens) indicated (using binary code) they had a triple strand of DNA.

Is there a being with a single strand of DNA? What about 4 strands?
How do we guess this would change the being?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Remember Carl Sagan's 'message to the stars' and the Chilbolton Crop circle which was the response that appeared?

So how many stars has Carl's message reached by now you think?

Pioneer left Earth 1972 Voyager left Earth 1977...Voyager 1 is currently more than 17 billion kilometers from the Sun. It takes 12.8 hours for light to reach it so its 12.8 light hours out

One light year is just under 10 trillion km...

The closest star is Alpha Centauri at approx 4.5 light years

So if any alien got Carl's messages they would have had to intercept a small little spacecraft

Hope that helps...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No. Not helpful, although I appreciate your trying.

Chilbolten was an answer so apparently someone (monitoring us perhaps?) did get the message.
Now, what do you think about the DNA question....even if only hypothetically?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Now, what do you think about the DNA question....even if only hypothetically?

As to the triple strand... I am not a big fan of crop circle information. In my opinion the double helix is universal but scientists have considered that triple strand for some time, in fact in the 50's it was a common hypothesis.

Now another quesstion is do silicon based life forms require DNA?

Here is an abstract on a paper citing Triple Helix to 1957

resources.metapress.com...

edit on 17-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactFinder
I keep reading threads about disclosure ...

disc + low + sure = disclosure. (compound words, i learned about them in third grade, public school, ie government)

What is it that you think they need from us?

we are a universal translator, and a long distance communication device.

What's in it for them?

home, and knowing where the stars are going to.

these are some things i speculate about,
et

edit on 17-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The only thing they want from us... is make sure we stay on our rock out in the middle of nowhere till we grow up enough to join galactic society.

I feel ready to join now. How much is the membership?

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Unfortunately, they probably want our planet.

Perhaps it's theirs, and we're just renting.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for that. Now that's helpful. About the silicon based life forms?
Hmmmmm...working on it....

edit: This was interesting, the entire page. Here is a snippet nai.arc.nasa.gov...

So, while the chances for silicon-based life may be slim, silicon may have played a role in emergence of life on Earth. One of the unsolved mysteries in the origin of life is why life came to employ one chiral version of a molecule (left vs. right) in its reactions and not the other. Some chemists believe that the chiral selection process in the pre-biotic “soup” might have been aided by a “handed” silica (SO2) surface. Both left- and right-handed molecules could have interacted with the chiral surface, and were aligned according to handedness. In this manner chiral molecules were separated and sorted in preparation for pre-biological selection. So even if silicon is an unlikely participant in the biological reactions of life, it could have certainly lent a helping hand to the origin of life.

But alas

So if your definition of silicon-based life requires an alternative to DNA then, no, we haven't found any yet.

terraformers.org.au...

edit on 17-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: More new info

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I feel ready to join now. How much is the membership?

A full decade without war anywhere on the planet.

Pay up.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If aliens exist then we are, by definition, aliens to them.

To them, we are the same alien-concept that we ourselves discuss here on ATS. Just as interesting, fascinating, and mysterious as they seem to us.

Very possibly there are aliens out there in the universe tapping away on an alien iPad, surfing some alien internet, discussing and arguing about how we look, dress, speak etc. The mind boggles when you think about it...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

To them, we are the same alien-concept that we ourselves discuss here on ATS. Just as interesting, fascinating, and mysterious as they seem to us.

Very possibly there are aliens out there in the universe tapping away on an alien iPad, surfing some alien internet, discussing and arguing about how we look, dress, speak etc. The mind boggles when you think about it...

You sir are wrong. Aliens can do anything. Their technology is so advanced that they can create portals that will transport them from far away but they still like to travel in spaceships for some reason. Just like G O D, aliens can do anything we earthlings cannot explain.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinunleaded
You sir are wrong. Aliens can do anything. Their technology is so advanced that they can create portals that will transport them from far away but they still like to travel in spaceships for some reason. Just like G O D, aliens can do anything we earthlings cannot explain.

All I'm seeing here are declarative sentences that offer no grounds for what they're declaring. You're shooting yourself in the foot, speaking in this way. All that results is poor communication, in which both parties lose.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

"Ugly bags of mostly water....."

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

All I'm seeing here are declarative sentences that offer no grounds for what they're declaring. You're shooting yourself in the foot, speaking in this way. All that results is poor communication, in which both parties lose.

Thank you for the sound advice. No really I mean it. Im reading this forums while working at the moment and do not feel like writing an essay to express my thoughts. On top of that, English is my 3rd language. I really could care less if I dont sound credible on an internet forum because of my use of the English language. Heck I dont even take half of the forum member serious even if they speak uhhh type in correct English.

But again thanks for the advice. No pund intended

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Their technology is so advanced that they can create portals that will transport them from far away but they still like to travel in spaceships for some reason.

What makes you think that they are so advanced? Tesla had the secrets of saucer drives 100 years ago... we merely chose the path of war and destruction instead of exploration. The only thing that makes people automatically assume this is "Well if they can get here they MUST be superior and more advanced."

The only real necessity is having made a few discoveries in a different order than we have. Had we focused on tech to explore the stars 100 years ago instead of making war machines, we might already be taking vacations to Alpha Centauri

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What if they have been here longer than we realize.

Test subjects is all I can think of at the moment.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
nothing

there is nothing aliens wouldnt be able to create if they were able to get here, meaning, having a much superior technology than we do

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't think there's any resource we posses that Aliens couldn't make for themselves. I would hope Aliens would not be so petty as to come upon less advanced alien civilization and start taking things for themselves like somekind of schoolyard bully stealing from a child. It wouldn't make sense. They have been observing us for a very long time and if stealing our resources was their intention they would have done so already when mankind was in its infancy and less capable of defending itself.

I think what aliens want to do is exactly what they have been doing up to this point in time, Observing. Not to interfere with our development or steal our things, just observe us. There are some things even the most advanced technology just cannot do, and in a universe where sentient complex intelligent life is so rare, to find a creature capable of creating art would be the most inspiring thing imaginable. I would spent an eternity in orbit listening to their music, watching their films, viewing their artwork, reading their stories, and watching their struggles and trumps.

The story of Earth and Man is infinitely alluring and this is coming from another human being. If I was an alien I would want to continue watching it for as long as possible.

edit on 19-9-2010 by TurnXTop because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2010 by TurnXTop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

So umm since when did you know their technology peaks, abilities and their understanding of the universe? do they have a one world religion or toss it out the window all together? seriously i love how you preach like you know what they are and are not cable of. for all you know they just have the ability to travel space base on a time table per x amount of light years per day and not instant anywhere where they think or calculate at or for.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arcana_imperii

Yes. I believe they have been here longer than we realize. That's one of the things that troubles me. I wonder how much influence they have had in our evolution and development. For me, its very disturbing that these "strangers" may have been interfering with us for Ages without our knowledge (at least in recent times).

I use the term "strangers" because it is not yet clear whether they are extra-terrestrial, trans-dimensional or simply time travelers. But, for me, the facts are crystal clear that they have been watching us and probably also adding some spices to the soup for a long time.

On the other hand, I can also relate to all the skeptics because you would think in all this time, there would be some credible and undeniable photographic or physical evidence by now to firmly establish their existence. The fact that some of us have our own reasons for believing as we do doesn't reach the mark for the population at large.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join