It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could they possibly want from US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The only thing they want from us... is make sure we stay on our rock out in the middle of nowhere till we grow up enough to join galactic society.

And I thought I was the only one who thought this way.... *raises his glass to zorgon*

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Disclosure may not be a simple matter of either extraterrestrials or human governments taking the all-out initiative. It could very well be a series of many small steps by either, each responding to the other. There could be a kind of push and pull here. The governments, to one degree or another, resisting the process of disclosure, and extraterrestrials trying to make it happen, albeit apparently in a very slow, gradual way. The accumulation of dramatic UFO sightings may have caused pressure on some governments to begin to reveal what they know, hence the current situation. Such partial disclosures could cause more resistant governments to follow suit. The better we prepare ourselves, the more openly an extraterrestrial presence may be willing to show itself, and so, in turn, the more the governments will feel called upon to reveal.*** It may be that extraterrestrials derive a similar satisfaction from contact with other cultures as many humans do. Evidence of the latter is as close at hand as the travel section of a Sunday newspaper, or the extensive literature on travel. If curiosity isn't a hallmark of intelligence, I don't know what *is*. As unique, sentient, beings we have much to offer. The issue of our technological backwardness need not be of the essence. We seem to be poised at an interesting point in our development, negotiating the difficult transition from an agrarian to a stable industrial, technological civilization. This may make us of more than passing interest to cosmic anthropologists. Ross

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

Maybe they are gardeners and we are planted here, along with the rest of the earths resources, to populate some other location and are being taken there in small groups. Maybe we were planted deliberately and are being picked over now like carrots.

Really I can't imagine but it seems as plausible as anything.
We had better hope they are not only smarter than we are, but also more compassionate.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think they've come here to have a damn good laugh.

Face it, we've nothing else they need.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The problem with addressing aliens is that .. well - they are alien.

How do we interact with less-capable species on the planet? We culture bacteria and manipulate them for industrial and medicinal purposes. Now - the resources we have are not really all that important - we are, after all, at a higher entropic state, being in a planetary gravity well - which means it's inefficient to get all but the most rare of materials from our planet. What else could we be 'cultured' to do? Research, perhaps? We could be dealing with a species that has lived in space and within the confines of a certain mindset for thousands of years. Rather than beating your own minds against a mental block, why not just culture several different species on different planets under different conditions and see what they come up with to solve various problems?

Perhaps we are simply reaching a point where we have matured enough to be given the stimulus they need a solution to. Or perhaps we have already fulfilled that goal - multiple times.

We have the mindset of a species that spans only a few hundred years. Sure - we've been around for far longer - but our way of life is changing so rapidly that not a single generation has lived their adult life the same way they lived their childhood or teenage years.

What happens when we can think of our way of life as a hindrance to our own development? When we hit a 'brick wall' in development? Where will we find the solution? We modeled flight after birds (a creature in our environment)... why wouldn't another species, used to space travel (and thinking in terms of thousands of years and trans-generation concepts), look to other (even 'lesser') forms of life for answers and inspiration for their problems?

That is what has always bothered me about these conspiracy theories related to aliens. They all treat humans as an important physical resource - something that simply doesn't make sense. Resources are not a problem for any species capable of effective interstellar travel. Manpower -provided by their own species- is probably not much of a problem, either - effective space travel means a likely form of effective space habitation. Since physical resources (including the development of organic compounds from raw elements and compounds) are not a problem to get a hold of, you can breed like wild-fire without much concern for crowding.

That leaves other types of resources that would be valuable. Information, answers, ideas - those are far more hard to come by in the universe. You don't just 'bump into' an answer to your problem like you can 'bump into' an asteroid full of metal. Sure - you can bump into a certain cosmological phenomena that answers a problem you are having in physics... but you have to be able to recognize that phenomena as a part of your solution.

Smart aliens would recognize the benefits of observing nature, teamwork, other perspectives, etc. And that, is most likely why any alien would come to this planet and what they would want from us - information that comes from our unique perspective and environment.

And that could also explain their hesitance to interact with us. Contaminating us with their way of thinking could greatly diminish the value our cultural, industrial, and scientific development yields. If we do things the same way they do because it's how they do it - then nothing has been learned or gained by anyone in the long run.

I find it interesting that we could be part of a symbiosis well outside of our comprehension.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they probably want our planet.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
what if the aliens themselves have made it clear that they don't want the public knowing of their existence,they give a little bit of information in exchange for a few abductions,the government keeps it hushed up.in fact maybe our governments want everyone to know the truth but are unable to do so,maybe being forced to do so.....i dunno.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I doubt that a race powerful enough to travel among the stars would need the consent or cooperation of our governments if they wished to abduct people. They could presumably do as they pleased with impunity. I also wonder why the whole history of UFO reports is filled with instances of conspicuous display of these craft, if the desire is to conceal their existence. Ross

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

They want exactly what mankind wants.....our bodies. Our hot naked bodies. They will use them for test subjects, use them for interior decorating (a nice mantel piece, or sofa) use them for nutrition, gut them out and carry them as a purse, use our silken hair to knit sweaters. Think about it. All these aliens are running around naked. They want our bodies to use as clothing. Much like ancient man used the animals.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The commonality of all species is the need for a place to recuperate from the debilitations of space travel and real gravity to strengthen their muscles and internal organs. It is also a positive benefit to have easy access to energy, water, processed food and the extras that can be found in civilizations.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Good point. There might only be a tiny percentage of planets in the galaxy capable of supporting life, and they may be difficult to find.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactFinder
What is it that you think they need from us? What's in it for them?

Maybe we have to perceive or experience them in some way in order for them to exist in the same reality we inhabit. Or vice-versa. In order to give something reality, it has to be experienced by some kind of consciousness. Perhaps we need each other to not be virtual.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamCorrect

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Good point. There might only be a tiny percentage of planets in the galaxy capable of supporting life, and they may be difficult to find.

If they have enough power or technique to get from one solar system to another, they could probably manufacture as many inhabitable worlds as they need. They could maybe even build a small sun with a perfect planet around it and use that as a "ship" to travel around the galaxy. It would be a nice, comfortable way to travel. Maybe we're already doing that. The speed of our solar system within the Galaxy is approximately 220 km/sec. Slingshot us around a bigger star or black hole, and we could make that a lot faster.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Maybe we are genetic experiments?

Maybe that's why they are always in the background
Maybe that's why there hasn't been disclosure is because if we found out we are "science project X" for these little gray guys it would cause a lot of us to lose our minds.

That would explain why they haven't destroyed us or made themselves apparent to the public.
Perhaps they communicate through our government about abductions because they acknowledge the importance of social growth in our civilization.

When we tranquilize lets say a lion, he/she doesn't understand whats going on for all it knows it was taken by strange creatures in strange things that move them. We as people don't often look at the perspective of other animals while they perceive us. So if we are to assume ourselves dominant of the planet, wouldn't it for the most part be very hard to comprehend the idea that extraterrestrial life could have created us and are now watching our development?

Does this make any sense to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
They could probably learn as much from us as we could learn from them.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandino01
Maybe we are genetic experiments?
Does this make any sense to anyone else?

Back in high school we dissected frogs in Biology class...

Considering all these stories of abductions, mutilations and probings... It doesn't make sense that they would need to continue this year after year...

UNLESS we are the frogs in Alien Biology 101 and every year we get a new class scooping specimens out of the pond...

Ribbett Ribbett...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Considering all these stories of abductions, mutilations and probings... It doesn't make sense that they would need to continue this year after year...

Yeah, you would think that anybody with enough science knowledge to travel the stars would have figured out the genetic code a long time ago. We're just clever monkeys, and we're starting to get a handle on it, ourselves. They could just combine molecules in whatever combination they wanted.

But maybe that's the thing. They fly around, finding planets that could sustain some kind of life, and they mix up a little batch of specially manufactured DNA that works with the planet. They plant it here, and then come back every once in a while to see how it's doing -- how smart it's getting. Then maybe after a while, we get to a point where we have some kind of mental breakthrough that allows us to -- I don't know -- see them or comprehend them in some way that's important but we're still just a little too stupid to understand yet.

Then I wonder why, and I go back to my old thought about the way life orders the chaos of the universe by absorbing it, and the ultimate goal of all the matter/energy in the universe eventually becoming part of a living thing that transcends time and space. "God" creating itself, in reverse? Maybe.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The classic Grey is not from outer space, they are from inner-space and they have been with us since we were created. They were not suppose to be able to come over without being summoned by their Masters, but somehow mankind was able to find a way via the Kabbalah, the Science of our Lords.

As for the Reptilian Race, I believe they were left here as Guardians and caretakers, they are not from Earth but they have resided here as long as they can even remember. The Reptilian race is a tangible form but is able to manipulate reality so hiding is not too difficult. They can pose as humans and they can replace living humans as exact copies that fool everyone (well some of us). They have Masters who created them and they know to be very fearful of them. They are strict meat eaters and even though they may be compassionate creatures they have a thirst for children and they are not adverse to eating grown meat. I am sure it is a matter of taste, some prefer one animal over another. They live below ground unless they are in human form.

The Classic Grey cannot eat, it does not eat because it is not a physical form. It can utilize a construct body but other than that there is nothing but demon to them. They are literally ethereal beings who have managed to minimize their true grotesque 'self-image' through the use of a common form that has no defining features. Their vessels (UFOs) are not technologically advanced but work off of simple magnetics. Their world has a different set of physics and what seems like "highly advanced" is nothing more than usable constructs just like their bodies. They manipulate, they lie, and they love to possess Souls. Possessing a Soul is like money to them. They do not have Souls, they do not have emotions, they do not have compassion.

The only Space-faring race are the Lords. They are not here right now and can only arrive at moments when the Flux (new word for me) from their Sun makes a connection to our Sun and they are able to pass back and forth; this can last for several of our Generations. They will be arriving shortly. The Reptilian overlords know they are returning. They are unaware of our predicaments, they are unaware of how many of us there are, they are unaware that we even survived the Rule by the Reptilians. I highly doubt they will be pleased to know that we have abused Science as we have and that we have ruined so much of their Property. They will correct all the wrongs and they will eject the Demons back to inner-space along with all of their possessions (Souls). They will likely expect more from the Reptilians and they know there might be a punishment because of it. Since they have been allowed to Rule and guard this realm for so long they may not accept their Lords return so lightly and will try to wage a War against the Lords through us. They will not succeed because they are arrogant and ruthless, self-serving to a fault. They will sacrifice Mankind as an attempt to become Lords of their own. Their society is very fractured, and they are very territorial; some are very loyal to the Lords.

We are property, but we were given something else, we were given DNA of the Lords which could allow us to step up as Brothers if we can overcome our selfish petty lives. We can become Free if we can grow beyond what we are today.

Humans do get their aggressive natures from the Lords. Transgressions by Mankind will be met fatally and to the Lords true Compassion is the reason for this. They find humans beautiful and very creative. We were once favorite "pets" but now we are dangerous and smart. If we are careful and we do not disrespect them we may be offered a place of high-standing for most of our achievements (most but not all).

Our Lords have the knowledge and technology to fix all that we have destroyed, that is, if we do not do worse than what we have so far. If we can only hold out from the influences of the Reptilians who rule us and the Demons who possess us then we might make it. Otherwise we will be a footnote and/or living (suffering) in Demonville (my name for that place they are from, inner-space/Hell).

I am certain this is all repeat information at best, deviated to a degree, but I am pretty certain Aliens are not from Outer Space. I am sure there are several layers to all of this above that which I mentioned. I didn't even get into Angels, but the Angels, I believe, reside in this Realm which is not the same realm of the Demons. There are Angels here now!

edit on 9/17/2010 by Greensage because: I type too fast!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for downplaying everything I just said by comparing it to highschool biology
I'm all for constructive criticism as long as it provides that "constructive" part thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did any of those biology class frogs live to tell their abduction story?
So it is a little different. We are on a "catch and release" basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join