It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could they possibly want from US?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I keep reading threads about disclosure and how imminent it must be. I am just wondering why some members are so serious about disclosure because I think we all know, deep down, it's never going to come from our governments. IMHO, the only way we are ever going to get the truth is if they come down in public and introduce themselves.

It might be great if it happened so all of us following these threads for years might be exonerated and our beliefs in the existence of ET's would no longer be met with rude, obnoxious insults or compared to cow dung, but I am just wondering............

What is it that you think they need from us? What's in it for them?

The only thing I can think of is that they may need a brave and experienced army to fight their interplanetary battles for them because that is what we seem to shine at.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Strange you should say that. Gene Rodenberry postulated this himself in his "Earth Final Conflict". I believe that this was televised a number of years ago.

edit on 15/9/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: For the 100th time, SPELLING.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Many speculate that they want your adrenal gland, and that in some way it gives a sort of "high" to them, but I find this to be unlikely. Logically speaking (and granted this is from a human point of view...) would you travel thousands upon millions of light-years away, to a foreign planet full of "Half-Intelligent" entities simply because you need a fix?

Damn...these Aliens have worse crack-heads then we do!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

They might need food.

They might need fighters.

But no way would it be a good scenario.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Strange you should say that. Gene Rodenberry postulated this himself in his "Earth Final Conflict". I beleive that this was televised a number of years ago.

Thanks. I will have to try to find it. Historically speaking, I think "killing" is what we are best at and we've had plenty of practice. So, if you were a benevolent alien society and you ran across an enemy, we would be ideal to recruit.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Disclosure....It would be nice but even then there will be people who will say that the disclosure is a cover up for something bigger.

What the aliens want from us?Hmmm let me see.Depends on the alien race:
a)slaves-food-worshipers
b)test subjects
c)exhibits for their zoo
d)examples for avoidance

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

They want exactly what mankind wants.....our bodies. Our hot naked bodies. They will use them for test subjects, use them for interior decorating (a nice mantel piece, or sofa) use them for nutrition, gut them out and carry them as a purse, use our silken hair to knit sweaters. Think about it. All these aliens are running around naked. They want our bodies to use as clothing. Much like ancient man used the animals.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
They dont want anything and they are scared of humans,why do you think they sneak around in the shadows like rodents,Humans are a threat and may only be observed from a distance except for the odd abduction when no one is looking.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Am I the only one that can think optimistically? Are we as humans so conditioned by our own acts and influenced by years of science fiction to think that there has to be a nerarious reason for them? Could they possibly just want to stop by and say hello to their neighbor while delivering a friendly welcome basket?

As a comparison, what about an isolated tribe that we genuinely only want to learn about. In this case the tribe represents the inhabitants of the Earth and the visitors represent the aliens. They fear unwelcomed visitors because of past encounters and learned behavior. How would the scenario change if the first visitors didn't presumably kill their ancestors and therefore shape their behavior?

Ah...I'm entitled to dream of a fantasy world.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactFinder
What is it that you think they need from us? What's in it for them?

The only thing they want from us... is make sure we stay on our rock out in the middle of nowhere till we grow up enough to join galactic society.

We are still blowing each other up... last thing they need is a bunch of trigger happy Hu-mans traipsing around the galaxy.

I mean look at our space program... we are cosmic litterbugs.... NASA has been slamming spacecraft into just about everything they can hit in our solar system and local space has so much space junk its a wonder anything survives up there

And when even Scientific American uses terms like "NASA is going to bomb the Moon" and scientists like Carl Sagan wanted to "Nuke the Moon"... you really think they want us out there?

edit on 15-9-2010 by zorgon because: because Phage told me too

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
They will never reveal themselves. They have been monitoring our communications. They know the we possess starships and weapons way in advance of their own. They have seen the Enterprise, BSG, Starfleet and all the other cool stuff we have. Who would invade a planet that has all that?

On a serious note. Whatever they want from us, it will not be known until they are sure they can obtain it with little or no cost.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

What if they have better weapons?

And if they came as friends we would kill them, because we kill everyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
Could they possibly just want to stop by and say hello to their neighbor while delivering a friendly welcome basket?

I guess it's possible, but they haven't said hello to us yet. At least not the general population.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Joking aside, and my last post was a joke, history has shown that whenever a superior civilisation comes into contact with a more primative one, the latter always suffers.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

What if we are the superior one?

And that is why aliens have not come?

Wow!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

If they came to us, then their technology would surely be superior. However, what if they did not possess the agressiveness to defend themselves from us.

You have a point in a way.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I keep reading threads about disclosure and how imminent it must be. I am just wondering why some members are so serious about disclosure because I think we all know, deep down, it's never going to come from our governments.

Every religion has it's own version of the Apocalypse and the paradise that follows. The religion of Disclosure is different.

The only thing I can think of is that they may need a brave and experienced army to fight their interplanetary battles for them because that is what we seem to shine at.

Why would they need us to do that? Any alien race advanced enough to travel to Earth would not need biological soldiers to fight their wars; they could more easily do it through machines or my pushing asteroids in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

1. Maybe this is a pit stop of sorts. ( On any long travel a place to rest is never bad.)
2. Maybe this planet has some type of resource they can use and we can not. (Exchanging resources for technology with the local governments.)
3. they pity us and see a other race similar or not that needs help.
there can be many reasons, pick and choice. really don't get why everything has to be about slavery or war, but i guess that's just how people are built.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They may just need the same thing we look for....knowing that they are not alone in the Universe.

Personally, this is the one I prefer.... Of course though, it could be anything. I don't think it's resources, as an interstellar people could easily find enough of just about anything with all of space open to them. Food seems equally ridiculous (as like us, they'd simply farm it...more efficient). Soldiers again seem silly, as they probably have AI or some other technology to fit this role.

Many UFOlogists believe there is something they need biologically from us...that perhaps they've cloned themselves so often, that some important part of it is now gone from their genetic makeup. Who knows? It's all speculation, but my hope is that they simply are looking for others like them.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
Many speculate that they want your adrenal gland, and that in some way it gives a sort of "high" to them, but I find this to be unlikely. Logically speaking (and granted this is from a human point of view...) would you travel thousands upon millions of light-years away, to a foreign planet full of "Half-Intelligent" entities simply because you need a fix?

Damn...these Aliens have worse crack-heads then we do!

Well addiction has proven to do some wild things to humans, so I would hope we dont got a bunch of addicted evil aliens comming to get a "fix"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join