It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Another great thread Slayer, a lot of information to digest. We've only begun to crack the surface when it comes to human migration and much of where we went and when after leaving Africa is a mystery. Thanks to Genetics and archeology we learn new information on a regular basis about our forgotten history.

I suspect there is a connection between Asia and the Olmec (and many Native cultures) although most suggest Africa there is now some evidence to suggest that people from early Japan migrated to South America via boat before people even crossed the Bering land bridge. It is possible that there were two migrations, one much earlier from Japan or China, and then the second famous Bering bridge migrations. In fact dozens of migrations between the New and Old world might have taken place without our knowledge.

So much of our history is lost leaving plenty of room for speculation. I'm just glad your brand of speculation stays within reason. Star and Flag

edit on 15-9-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: the reason for this edit has been deemed Above Top Secret

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
So much of our history is lost leaving plenty of room for speculation. I'm just glad your brand of speculation stays within reason. Star and Flag

I think for many it is all too easy to fall into the trap of some of the fringe type explanations.
I think that real history is strange enough and that there is so much still to discover and learn that in the end it overshadows any of the more fringe answers.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting stuff slayer!!! S+F

I have also recently posted a thread were scientists have theorys that an advanced civilization may have occupied the amazon.. this may tie in with your findings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Very nice thread and good for this section for bringing so many interesting locations to the attention of fellow ATSers. Sure, I disagree with some of the premise, but the OP isn't making wild statements and leaves it nice and open for speculation and, I hope, further investigation.

It's cool that you've included Caral, Peru because the place deserves its own thread and would easily appeal to regular readers of this section. I planned to post a thread about Caral earlier in the year, but you or Kiwifoot might be more successful...hint.

A huge city complex over 4000 years old. What's especially interesting is the society that created it seems to have been more balanced and equal than contemporary cultures or those that have followed. Caral doesn't have the fortifications or typical signs of defence structures. There's a huge amount of artefacts and evidence to show a complex society with agricultural infrastructure, serious planning and implications of educational establishments. In short, very sophisticated stuff!

I could be mistaken or out of date...amongst the artefacts is a peculiar absence of something we take for granted in all cultures. Very few weapons have been unearthed. Arrow heads have been found and could be used primarily for hunting. Swords, spearheads and daggers are missing from the record. It seems the culture that inspired the great complex of Caral had little reason to be warlike.

It appears that one of the most sophisticated societies managed to exist without war. By extension, we could speculate they had little use for an army or the manufacture of weapons. Based on what we know, that makes the civilisation fairly unique in human history.

In almost every respect, the society that built, inhabited, and abandoned Caral seems unfamiliar. The centralization of wealth and privilege characteristic of city states in the Andean region and elsewhere in the world does not appear to have accompanied the differences in status that must have existed. Cooperation seems to have prevailed over competition for more than 2000 years. As our own society becomes increasingly competitive and antagonistic, Caral may provide a model applicable to the problems that confront us today. The possibility is too important to be ignored.
Caral: City of Fire (pdf)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

Yes I S & F your thread.

I glanced through it only briefly late last night. I'll be sure to check it out.

Thanks for your interests.
I'm sure we'll have a lot to discuss.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I did skim though some of your other threads.
You, Sir, are the Dr. Daniel Jackson of ATS.
Someone needs to give you a grant.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

you deserved it. if i were a mod, i would abuse that applause option

thanks Slayer,
et

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

2's to that!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need your own thread section slayer, i will be keeping up to date and adding my input as often as possible, I am going to look into this a heck load more and will get back to you later.

edit on 07/14/2010 by AlphaANDOmega because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky,

In the 3 part video series that Slayer imbedded, which is for me the first time hearing of this place, it mentioned that the society seemed peaceful and not at any type of conflict as you also pointed out. Do you know of any indication to where this society may have originated, is there any evidence to say that they were nomads that came from the north originally, or is this something they still do not know.

I will be digging around to see what I can find about this civilization that is new to me, I just wondered, since you seem to know about some of it already if you have happened upon the answers to these questions as of yet.

When I was listening to the videos, which surprised me I can actually view them at work, it seems like an almost opposite culture to what we see across the sea in the Egyptian civilization, which according to the video was being built about the same time as this civilization was being built as well. I find this interesting that an almost mirror civilization was being built on, for the most part, opposite sides of the world.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Truly stunning.

Thank you very much for this.

There is a lot to take in, especially for an old dunderhead like me, and I know I will spend many an enjoyable hour re-reading and contemplating what you have posted.
Maybe then I will be able to contribute in a consdered, reasoned and informed manner that will do your work credit.

You deserve some sort of recognition for your effort.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Hiya AC, I haven't watched the videos so I can't comment other than knowing Slayer puts a lot of time into them.

The predecessors of Caral are fairly unknown and there's little evidence of precursor towns that later evolved into the complex culture of Caral. That isn't to say they appeared from nowhere, it seems to be a combination of limited exploration, size of the site and it's relatively recent discovery. Future excavations should shed more light on the place.

Its existence doesn't help the idea of an earlier worldwide civilisation based around coastlines. Sure, it has an impressive scale yet doesn't have the artefacts to suggest it was part of an established civilisation reaching back thousands of years earlier. The level of technology, based on the artefacts, was basic and not equal to that of Egypt or Mesopotamia from a similar period.

Despite that, it's striking that a culture could engineer such a site if the accepted time frames are accurate. Clovis culture is thought to have developed 13kya in N America. If we allow for transient migrations all the way down to what we call Peru in S America, it's intriguing to imagine how such a complex society could arise in such a short time frame. It suggests that it took 7000 years from the arrival of the Clovis people (hunter-gatherers) to migrate to beyond Central America and evolve a society of such scale and organisation.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Absolute Awesomeness. I'm only a portion through it all, it's truly epic.
Fantastic read, thanks so much for this.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Excellent work Slayer69.
This is what the folks have been in dire need of.
The truth about their ancient history.

I will be reading this off and on throughout the day as I always have projects of mI own going on.....here, and.....there. Keep in mind that whenever there was a genetic cataclysm within one village or another, these folks were either revered or feared. Never-the-less they often interbred with one another of which created so much variety you see today within the human genome. The human genome itself is constantly making improvements to it's own creation while adjusting to it's ever-changing environment. Human beings are much more advanced than they used to be though are more divided and conquered than 'ever' before. You are truly 'beings' In ~creation~.....

Though I am quite aware of these topics, I prefer to speak to the themes of these matters while attempting to play referee when appropriate though speak of truth as "I" know it. I do know alot folks about which I speak of here on ATS. I believe this is apparent though the purpose is to attempt to bring the folks together. There are 'hard' times ahead for 'all'. Whether one has wealth or poverty, love or lack of, knowledge or foolishness, everyone must face 'that' future just ahead and make the 'changes' necessary to get 'back on track'.

These hypo/them/ical 'divisions' will be soon be regarded as the decadent Tools for Fools as they always bring about destruction, fear, paranoia, distrust, disunity, the whole smorgasboard of foolishness. You were born 'creative' beings to Create as only 'you' can. These divisions are getting in the way of your progress, as an individual as well as that 'part' of the human organism itself. By organism, one could envision the effect on one human being by another, will surely have it's impact on it's own circle of influence as a drop in one's pond.

Make waves of love and understanding rather than waves of death and destruction.
Again, the Awareness, Disclosure process is in motion and cannot be reversed.
It is for a Reason and ET's are here monitoring the 'situation' at hand.
The tyrants that be are aware of this though have chosen the wrong course of action time and again.

I find this quite strange for one to Act as they Do while fully knowing they are being watched.
These tyrants continue to pay for their actions and will never find peace and happiness while in the mode of conquering another while dividing themselves from their Brethren, their own genetic brethren.
From here forth, just Do the Right Thing.

Most were endowed with the capacity to know which is which.
Time and again a tyrant will prove to himself and the other that his ways are for nought.
If you follow a man obsessed with his own ego and desire for earthly powers and possessions, you will inheret 'his' kingdom of foolishness and will suffer those consequences.

Again, good job Slayer69, you are doing 'your' part as you know you should.
"Hey Soul Sister".....This lil tune just came into being at this very moment while I write this. Just another -sign+ of the 'times' I suppose though 'you' be the judge.[/url]

NXT.....

edit on 15-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Okay! Books, Videos (not so liked by many), all possible madia outlets to give this info to all.
lol accidental typo with media but ill keep it there it make it fun or funny
much love

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Slayer, my friend, you have outdone yourself with this well crafted and informative thread(s).

I haven't watched the videos on this one yet, but I will.

I don't have much to throw in to the debate circle on any info you have shown (frankly, I don't know much about any of it, but always enjoy the subject).

I just wanted to thank you for making these threads and for taking the time to build it. Looks like you took a lot of time making it "just right".

This is how ATS threads are supposed to be made. Wish I could give you more stars n flags then is currently allowed. Since I can't, I'll just thank ya again!

THANKS SLAYER!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Fantastic work and so glad to finally have the second part to go through [which I have only started] but am very impressed already, but wanted to send mucho kudos your way, in the meantime. Such a fascinating topic.

edit on 15-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Fantastic work... I'm looking forward to reading your next thread...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Its existence doesn't help the idea of an earlier worldwide civilisation based around coastlines. Sure, it has an impressive scale yet doesn't have the artefacts to suggest it was part of an established civilisation reaching back thousands of years earlier. The level of technology, based on the artefacts, was basic and not equal to that of Egypt or Mesopotamia from a similar period.

That's where Hancock and I go our separate ways. He postulates that there was a vast ancient world wide civilization. I've held to the belief that there were isolated pockets of slightly advanced megalithic city states that had to be uprooted and move farther inland as the oceans rose.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse
Fantastic work... I'm looking forward to reading your next thread...

This time it's already completed and locked away for safe keeping.

I'm not going through the BS I did with this one AGAIN!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join