It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway UT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Has anyone seen these weird lines over Dugway Proving ground?
Proving Ground Lines

What do you think they are?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There is a golf course visible south of town...not sure the exact location you refer.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am assuming you are referring to the parallel lines and box form... Being in real estate, I see this a lot. They are roads built based on a cities PUD (planned urban development). Another example, on a smaller scale and without the cul-de-sac or two, Google map just West of Degroodt Rd SW, Palm Bay, FL

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

thats one of the many grid sites that they use to measure various munitions, chemical and biological agents and how they disperse over terrain
some info can be had here:
en.wikipedia.org...

www.darkgovernment.com...

www.highstrangeness.tv...

edit to add this link, www.google.com... y&ei=rmGQTOrFAcuUnAfw_sy0DA&usg=AFQjCNHnFwm0grumvv8b45XNzV5IQH1TnA

also here is some related links about chemical tests. some involving alot bigger areas than some grid area in the desert.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

hope this was helpful.

edit on 15-9-2010 by turbokid because: forgot a link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
To me, the lines appear to be some sort of "scale" since they are widely spaced at the sides and become more closely spaced as you move towards the center.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Dugway proving grounds is the biggest biological and chemical testing grounds in America. There are many patterns, objects and pools in the middle of nowhere out in Dugway to be viewed by google earth. Some seem very odd and out of place but obviously serve a purpose. What? Who knows but I'm glad to see some light shed on Dugway because the nature of there business. You should look at this link www.globalsecurity.org... it will explain more about what you are asking in fact shows pictures. Here's a snip

Many of Dugways test facilities are located in the Ditto Test Area, approximately 12 miles from the installations main gate. The biological test facility and test grids are situated farther west in Dugways remote desert area. Dugway is controlled by the U.S. Army Test Command (TECOM). The Department of Defense has designated U.S. Army Dugway Proving Ground (DPG) as a major range and testing facility, and the primary chemical and biological defense testing center under the Reliance Program. Testers here determine the reliability and survivability of all types of military equipment in a chemical or biological environment. The chemical laboratory, permitted storage area, and many test related activities are operated under contract.

Here is also a link to there contracting portion of there website www.dugway.army.mil....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wow thanks for all the answers, it does appear to be a weapons testing facility. There is this crazy huge pit thats dug as well like a giant grave.
maps.google.ca...,+Dugway-Wendover,+Tooele,+Utah, +United+States&ll=40.360672,-113.190765&spn=0.01877,0.043516&t=h&z=15

testing as well?

edit on 15-9-2010 by srbouska because: (no reason given)

Sorry not sure how to imbed

edit on 15-9-2010 by srbouska because: oops

edit on 15-9-2010 by srbouska because: OKay figured it out i think .

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

In your pic, the entirety of whatever that is has been redacted. With the exception of two very small features at the center. There's lots of things redacted around that area. When they do that it only makes my curiosity grow!

This place is kinda interesting too! Some sort of radar installation maybe?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4607a10b9f76.jpg[/atsimg]

QTG - Pools are kind of randomly present on the salt flats. What you got to understand about the flats is the they aren't really dry. At least most of the time. Even when the surface is pretty solid, a few inches down there's a layer of water. Lots of places it pools up or there's a depression and you can see water. Although it's really shallow maybe a few inches. Heck, even on Bonneville if you drive out there (yeah they let you! ) you'll get your car pretty much COVERED with salt. I think they do some special prep when they have the land speed trials.

Dugway is an interesting place! No telling what goes on I guess but I'm glad I live slightly west of there. Upwind

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I live nearby and I've always wanted to get a closer look at all the stuff that there is to see. I've been inside the place a couple times for work but nowhere special. I too have just been always intrigued by the place. I'm definitely hooked on google earth again!

top topics

join