It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy pack of LIES Batman!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve's image has suffered some mighty blows since the financial meltdown and people are calling for an audit and even for the end of the Fed. People are starting to wake up.

How does the Fed respond? They put out a load of new propaganda to brainwash the next generation into mindless followers in the form of five new comic books. Too little to late? I sure hope so.

Comic Books From the Federal Reserve

When comic books first arrived on the American scene, they were funny, or their pages were filled with the daring exploits of real or imagined heroes. Now, they’ve become a conduit for propaganda. The New York Fed, well known as the Federal Reserve System’s leading policymaker, has produced five very colorful 24-page comic books to explain everything the Fed would have us know about money, monetary policy, banking, inflation, and the Federal Reserve itself. The title of each book starts with “The Story of … ” Each truly provides quite a story, but not important facts needed to begin pulling our nation out of its economic doldrums. Instead, readers are treated to a deceptive compilation of falsehoods — one story after another to keep Americans in the dark about truly serious matters.

The Story of Inflation begins, “The dictionary defines inflation as a substantial and continuing rise in the general price level.” That, of course, is as faulty a definition as the claim that wet streets cause rain. But note that the Fed placed the blame for this gross falsehood on the dictionary, not itself, meaning in part that reliance even on a dictionary isn’t always the wisest course. The bulk of the pages in this booklet proceeds from that totally incorrect definition to shifting blame for inflation’s scourge away from the Fed toward a variety of other targets, such as business leaders not producing enough goods.

The Story of Money relates a few basic truths about the history of money and then concludes that the “job of the Federal Reserve System [is to] make sure that the U.S. money supply grows at the right rate.” Sadly, many Americans would accept that summation without question.

The New American

You can find the Fed's comic books HERE.

Looks like those five are just the newest installments of their propaganda efforts directed towards the next generation, they currently have 13 comics to choose from.

Then again, as dumbed down as the American public is, maybe they're not directed towards the kids after all...

I haven't had time to check 'em out yet. I may have to wait to do it until I have an empty stomach; those chunks can be so hard to clean off the keyboard.

edit on 9/14/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just read the "creation of the reserve" comic and I can say that I am thoroughly disgusted.

Basically the story goes that there was no such thing as money before the colonies, only barter and that the banking systems prior to the Reserve were the cause of war. All the wars after the Reserve were not because of monetary policy, they simply "overwhelmed" the Fed.

Pay attention to the images too; there were a couple I noticed that are definitely meant to be subliminal propaganda.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
OMG! OMG! OMG! Really don't know whether to laugh or to cry!

Thank you so much for sharing this little tid-bit.

I just love how in The Story of Banks the company is F.E.D. foods... do you suppose it's because the kids have already been foreclosed on?

Absolutely surreal!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Lol,this is what the almighty fed has been reduced to? using balant propagada and hoping that the kids will see them as victims of "baseless conspriacy theories."
the poor fed..

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yechh! I've been looking at their little "Story of Inflation" comic.

They say inflation is caused by one guy raising his prices causing everyone else to raise their prices in responce. Then they spout the fiction that all these raising prices will result in us getting a higher paycheck because our employers are bringing in more money from the higher prices they charge. Pfft, like that'll ever happen, the employers will use that extra money to pay for the higher prices to operate their business first. The employee always comes last. They even have the gall to insinuate that raising pay checks are what causes inflation, not their banking policies!!

Then they try to come off like the Fed works to CONTROL inflation and keep it at reasonable levels. HA! What a load of crap that is! Inflation is the decrease in the value of money caused by the growth of the money supply. They forgot to mention that inflation was almost unknown in the US before the creation of the FED.

Economists generally agree that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply. Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities, as well as to growth in the money supply. However, the consensus view is that a long sustained period of inflation is caused by money supply growing faster than the rate of economic growth.

Wikipedia

edit on 9/14/10 by FortAnthem because: Typos cause by the chunks of stuff I blew over my keyboard from reading that Fed comic.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Yechh! I've been looking at their little "Story of Inflation" comic.

They say inflation is caused by one guy raising his prices causing everyone else to raise their prices in responce. Then they spout the fiction that all these raising prices will result in us getting a higher paycheck because our employers are bringing in more money from the higher prices they charge. Pfft, like that'll ever happen, the employers will use that extra money to pay for the higher prices to operate their business first. The employee always comes last. They even have the gall to insinuate that raising pay checks are what causes inflation, not their banking policies!!

Then they try to come off like the Fed works to CONTROL inflation and keep it at reasonable levels. HA! What a load of crap that is! Inflation is the decrease in the value of money caused by the growth of the money supply. They forgot to mention that inflation was almost unknown in the US before the creation of the FED.

Economists generally agree that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply. Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities, as well as to growth in the money supply. However, the consensus view is that a long sustained period of inflation is caused by money supply growing faster than the rate of economic growth.

Wikipedia

edit on 9/14/10 by FortAnthem because: Typos cause by the chunks of stuff I blew over my keyboard from reading that Fed comic.

Of course they would leave that little factiod out,FortAnthem don't want the kiddies to dig any deeper,FED:We are in control there is nothing wrong with the economy folks here,watch some football and whatever reality show.Here
s 500 channels of it now shut up.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You in the US should get as many of these comics as you can...

The way the public is waking up the Fed may not be around much longer and these comics may be worth more than the US$

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Sweet, I grabbed one of each. They were free.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

i read this last night, and was not in the mood to post anything noninflammatory.

i don't know if i want to help drive the national debt up while paying more taxes on material to explain to me where my taxes are going via comic books set to a third grade level audience.

this makes my head hurt.

so, are they collectables?

thanks for posting this OP,
et

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I ordered them all. I don't know why I did, but I did.

So hard to pass up free stuff.

Now I feel dirty.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Of course, you know it goes without saying, those in power and money create everything.

Especially their own propaganda towards the destabilization of the money they create.

This is nothing new, except the paper it is printed upon, the lies are all old and predate most of our lives.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Federal Reserve

According to the Board of Governors, the Federal Reserve is independent within government because "its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branch of government."

In other words an unchecked license to print money which is absolutely worthless except because Government tell us it holds value, no gold, no silver, and nothing else to back it up, other than the fact that they tell us that they accept it as legal tender, to remit for payment of all debts private and public, ushering us faster towards the cashless society.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Most American's are oblivious to how the Federal Reserve is not even a Government Agency.

Considering it is quasi-governmental that means it has a vested interest in how they earn their income.

Half in lying to the American populace and half in selling that lie to our Government who covers their tracks.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Gee, and we seem to think that Joseph Goebbels was the master of propaganda.
This is just the beginning. There is an all out assault on our children though the empire called the public school system. The Nazi's had training schools and the youth programs. We are just going about it in a more subtle way. Comic books, little newspapers used in class, presentations on this and that and worst of all, white-washing history so that our children don't know and can't protect themselves from the atrocities of the past reoccurring.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

They're free? Maybe I should order a few stacks of 'em.

I may need to have them on hand to burn to keep my house warm this winter. Especially if Obama gets that cap & trade bill passed.

And who knows, they probably will be worth more than Federal Reserve notes soon. Of course, that's not sayin much...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I ordered all 11 available. I have a feeling I'll be showing these to my grandchildren in 40 years or so in much the same way as my grandparents showed me old Captain America comics where he advised children to tell their parents to buy war bonds and other Office of War Information bullcrap.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
you know what's an even sadder truth?

After all that they've already done to detroy this country through the mismanagement and embesslement of our money...

They use MORE of OUR MONEY to produce this propaganda!

WHO in the hell authorized this!? An inquiry needs to be made and those responsible arrested!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I ordered all 11 available. I have a feeling I'll be showing these to my grandchildren in 40 years or so in much the same way as my grandparents showed me old Captain America comics where he advised children to tell their parents to buy war bonds and other Office of War Information bullcrap.

On that note they may be worth money someday.

Wonder if I can get them signed.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
you know what's an even sadder truth?

After all that they've already done to detroy this country through the mismanagement and embesslement of our money...

They use MORE of OUR MONEY to produce this propaganda!

WHO in the hell authorized this!? An inquiry needs to be made and those responsible arrested!

That brings up an interesting question; did the Fed pay for these propaganda comics with their own money or did the taxpayers foot the bill for this junk?

I'm sure the Fed could easily afford to pay for these from their own obscene profits but, something tells me they got the taxpayers to foot the bill for this crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This just hit my email inbox today....

The following items will be mailed to you by the publishing Federal Reserve District as soon as possible.

PUBLICATION QUANTITY
Story of the Federal Reserve System, The... 1
Too Much, Too Little... 1
Story of Monetary Policy, The... 1
Story of Foreign Trade and Exchange, The... 1
Story of Inflation, The... 1
Penny Saved..., A... 1
Story of Banks, The... 1
Story of Money, The... 1
Story of Checks and Electronic Payments, The... 1
Once Upon a Dime... 1
Wishes and Rainbows... 1

Thank you.

So my order has been processed.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I finally broke down and ordered the crap too:

Federal Reserve Structure and Functions
Federal Reserve System: Purposes and Functions
Wishes and Rainbows
The Fed Today
Federal Reserve Consumer Help
Once Upon a Dime
Story of Checks and Electronic Payments, The
Story of Money, The
Story of Banks, The
Penny Saved..., AStory of Inflation, The
Story of Foreign Trade and Exchange, The
Story of Monetary Policy, The
Too Much, Too Little Story of the Federal Reserve System, The Day in the Life of the FOMC, A
U.S. Monetary Policy-An Introduction
IN PLAIN ENGLISH (Booklet): MAKING SENSE OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE
IN PLAIN ENGLISH (DVD): MAKING SENSE OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE

Not sure if I should stock up on antacid or barf bags for when they arrive.

My stomach already hurts.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

My Fed comics arrived today.I don't think I'll be reading them but I will say this...

The quality of the paper they are printed is quite in line with their purchase price! Wal Mart and Target mailers come on higher quality paper.

One title, though, "Wishes and Rainbows", I think it was called, is on higher quality stock and might actually last a few years in storage. As for the rest..... Well.....

Probably not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join