It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conn. Muslims ask for equality from city council

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The problem is that I have seen the trend too, after all I have been around for quite some time, I was born in the 60s, new generations will never understand how our nation has been transformed one bit at a time and is not always for the best. . .

People tend no to do research, they don't keep up with politics and economics they just eat and watch their favorite propaganda news media channel, but is more that people doesn't see, here in the US do to the status that our nation of laws give to women is been attempts by Islamic Judges in the US to oversea the US laws regarding equality when it comes to Islam marriage under Islam laws, is been know that those that practice Islam and marry in Mosques expect that US laws regarding marriage do not apply to them, specially when it comes to divorces and the place of women within their believes.

Is been attempts to change the rules in courts to accommodate for Islam base marriages already, but you will not find that in the prime news in any media channels.

Still they try to used their Islam interpretation of laws to undermind Americas law

This is a Islamic site that shows Islam law followers to to deal with America way of life and laws.

Family Law Issues Affecting American Muslims
"You have to know what the law is, how to approach it, how to speak the language, and how to present Islamic law so that it is not trivialized into something that sells women, or oppresses women."
Dr. Azizah Al-Hibri calls for legal literacy among Muslims in the United States.

www.islamfortoday.com...

Muslim Marriage Contract in American Courts

www.islamfortoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
History tells us ..
The Mosque is a Trophy to represent Lands Conquered.
To understand what is Happening we Must Look at History, and the way each culture works.
This is Not about niceties and forgiveness and getting along.
I wish it were.

I am : American Indian ,German ,Sicilian, Austrian and Spanish

I Have No Room to hate any culture.

I do Follow my KJV Bible to the LETTER as much as humanly Possible.

I find it hard to Believe Muslums are as Completely Harmless as Lambs if they are at all following the Primary Goal of there teachings.

It would mean Death to them to Change One word or not Follow.
And They have Been Following this Plan the same One ,,for Thousands of Years.

I as a Free American ..Wish to Remain Free, to Live Free and To: Worship My God in My Way, and Raise My Family .
As should YOU !

As a Free American.. I think any Group of any Kind who’s Prime Directive is to take Over the World should Be Considered a Threat to The United States Of America’s National Security.
Because.
I doubt they would rewrite there teachings.
This is Just starting.
God Bless All !
Max Angel

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They are trying to do the exact same here in Australia.

I'm probably just afew years older than you and I have too watched these changes. Our politicians seem to cater for them because they're too afraid of what may or may not happen. If the shoe was on the other foot in Islamic nations, well, we already know the answer.

Muslims see us as weak and the more we give the more they want. It's time now to say enough is enough. Assimulate or go back to their nation of birth. However in saying that, the worst crimes committed by Muslims in our nations are homegrown. While all have the opportunity of a good education, here in Australia they treat female teachers like dogs and the Muslim students usually end up unemployed, in housing commission and amass their $$$ in the illegal drug trade and theft. Caught doing this in their parent's Islamic nations and they either rot in prison or get the firing squad; caught stealing and their hand is chopped off. Which makes me wonder...should we allow Sharia Law in to our countries where only Muslims can be judged? Perhaps this just might sway them to see our ways alittle more clearer and crimes Muslims commit may decrease.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

That happen also in Britain they got away with the government supporting that Islam immigrants can bring their many wives and children and have the right to receive money from government if the head of the family can not work.

The riots and protest in Britain in resent years is due to the many youngsters that are now unemployed and wanting more equality from the Britain government and respect for their Islamic laws, but the problem with Britain is that they do not have a constitution like the US does and while they can get away with what they do in Britain in the US been a nation of laws is hard to change unless the constitution is amended, so Islam laws and US laws will never mix unless they get hold of political seats and become majority in congress, trust me they are working hard for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

In Australia the Govt has just clamped down on the wives and children. One case just recently, a Muslim had 4 wives and I think 15 children. The Govt stopped payment of family benefits on 3 of the wives and their children. I'm still waiting the outcome of the cases but looks like the Govt is standing their ground however in saying that, most of the children were born here and regarded as Australian and each of the families were receiving welfare payments and are all in housing commission.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well here they can claim the children but by law they can not claim more than one wife, because we have laws about marriage.

But when it comes to children well depending the state is laws regarding child support also.

In many states if you don't pay child support you got to jail.

But then again, many marry in Mosques and that means they have not marriage certificates with the states so the women can claim the children as single parents.

Our laws as very stupid and they backfire on the tax payer as usual.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

ATS allows one Breaking News thread and one thread in another forum.

Therefore, this thread is allowed and is not considered a duplicate.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Does the USA have family unification laws? If so, how does that work?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I am not familiar with that but I know that is call commonwealth marriage that means if you have been for many years with the same women have children is considered a legal binding this is all for separation purposes and division of wealth even if is not a marriage contract.

Now I know for sure that Islamic followers have marriage contracts meaning they marry in mosque but are not seen by US laws as a legal marriage.

So when it comes to divorces the women within this contracts will have a hard time getting their cases in Americas court depriving the women of any legal assistance when it comes to division of wealth.

Is been cases that the women are send back to their country of origin by the husband and then declared divorced robbing them of any rights, husbands alwasy keep the children.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Common law marriage differs from state to state here, but is only recognized in a minority of states.

Also, there's no reason that a couple married in a mosque can't have a legal marriage. Just like with Jewish marriages, there's a contract that they sign for the religious recognition of the marriage and also a state-issued marriage license.

edit on 9/17/2010 by americandingbat because: added link for common law marriage info

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What I mean and sorry for not being clearer....you let one in and the whole family with relatives in tow usually drag on in behind them. Marry 4 wives and you have 4 sets of family and relatives in in no time at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes but many of this marriages are arranged and the husband is within the rights of not following the states laws and keep the marriage only within their own as Islamic law. This is in the benefit of the husband that in case of separation of divorce he doesn't have to give anything to the wife as is usually done in US courts when it comes to division of wealth.

The first case known of this kind was in 2000 but the marriage was outside of the US once they came to the US and the women fall for divorce the husband wanted the marriage contract to be kept under Islam law.

The court gave the women rights and that created a conflict. In Islam the laws follow certain rules concerning issues of separation, men declaring abandonment, women rights to the wealth of the husband and women right to divorce after she pays back her dowry.

www.islamfortoday.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

They can marry as many as they seem fit as per Islam law but only can marry legally one under US laws, that is why they keep the marriage contracts within the mosques many women once they see that they have rights under US laws are starting to question this practice that is and Islamic practice some cases has reached US courts with not very good results to the husband, that under islam law can declare divorce without seen a day in court.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
there is only one god and allah is not his name....... you people going to behead me now?

the way i see thee dude preaching islam is much like i see any tv evangelist i honeslty have no respect for them.

this dude preaching islam is neither toleraant or repsectful of anyone elses ideas but his own,

to the city council and op equality is none at all like that has been previously said.

muslims and islam wants to be treated equal then how bout:

stop beheading people
stop burning dead bodies
stop cutting off womens noses
stop murdering you own daughters for dating non muslims
stop killing gays
stop stoning women
let women be educated
stop issuing death threats to anyone who makes a joke about mohammed or islam.
stop murdering anyone who says or does anything you you think is offensive toward islam.

welcome to the islamic states of america that previous poster is right for over 250 years americans never EVER BOWED to any religion- UNTIL NOW that being islam.

i have always been honest and blunt when it comes to religion

i wish i had free speech on ats in real life i dont care about hurting someone feelings

the things that i would say about islam and to a muslim they would actually kill me for NOW if i said the same things to a christain they would be upset and end up "praying" for me.

BIG fundamental differences between islam vs christianity.

edit on 17-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join