It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

There are people who clean this stuff up to preserve the other wildlife there, but on this scale? I just am not sure how this will/could be handled.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

Sorry to say anything Obama has said or will say is pure BS, no way in hell he is a president for the people to allow this kind of disaster to go un-punished.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The picture is really horrible,i don't know what cause this ,but if our humans keep on destroying the environment then this will be common in the near future.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

It will be interesting to watch this unfold over the coming months. Let's do a global watch and see how
the ocean currents spread this through-out the world. I will be looking for whale kills [whales generally
move into southern regions during the cold winter months of the northern hemisphere].

I am interested in knowing if other readers have come across data that NASA blocked satellite
transmissions of the photos of the Gulf oil spill.

edit on 15/9/10 by JAK because: Full quote of opening post removed, Reply To function used.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Another obama (very little o) individual who sees this (Commander in Whatever) for what he really is...a puppet liar...who took a swain In the Gulf of Mexico. What a joke a very sad/sick joke. Many believing he could stop the sun from rising this morning....BP liars, Obama liar, Bush a worthless liar, congress forget it don't even go their. I live on the Gulf and this spill (right) has destroyed much more than what most individuals (if they consider it) could understand. Its safe (my A**) hard to believe anyone, even if your in a coma would believe that load of crap. Mr. (abomination) came down here, took a swim and ate some fish. So now all is safe? Please how [SNIP] dumb do they expect us to get, of course many have gone way beyond that already.

edit on Wed Sep 15 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was going to reply with some lame joke about "Whoa Massive fish kill?" and insinuate I thought you were referring to a godzilla fish of sorts...

then I saw the images and decided that there is nothing funny in this whatsoever.... unbelievable.

there is nothing that can be said to put this in anyway a good light...

How can something this massive be the result of anything natural? It goes against nature. In every single instance of such imbalance, man has had his filthy hands in it somewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Just wait till we see pictures like this again, but instead of fish its people. This is totally nuts. A big problem I have is if this is investigated, how can we trust what they say? We've been dicked around too long now. I really hope this encourages everyone to turn down any US seafood. Unfortunately, this looks like the GOM seafood industry is going to be shambles, more so than it already is.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is seriously atrocious...

BP definitely needs to get "f'd in the a" with fines, charges, etc...

Appalling...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by coder

Simple. If it says USA on it, not gonna find its way onto my plate. Restaurants is a different story and I would certainly bet that a lot of them would stock up on GOM seafood because it may be priced more aggressively. I will only get my seafood fresh or from a label indicating non US from now on. I feel bad as well for the livelihoods of GOM fishermen and their families but I'm not risking my health on it, not gonna happen,

bril

I had actually typed up a large response to this, however, after crashing and losing everything, and then re-reading your post, I'm sure I can get the same point across without nearly as much description.

Do you really think foreign fish are more healthy?

Do you really think foreign fish markets are honest about their product?

Do you even think the U.S. cares if you get sick (& DIE), after eating a bad batch of fish?

Nevermind. I think my question is this: Do you honestly think that by (naively) avoiding fish fished from the U.S. that you're doing yourself a favor?

If your answer to ANY of these questions began with a Y, I highly suggest a bit more research pertaining to the fish market. And by no means am I stating that you're wrong. You're not. It's just become clear that you aren't very familiar with this industry and how it operates. That's all. In all sincerity, it's no more and no less honest than the government that you probably work for on a daily basis.

So... who do you trust?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Its impossible that this is a natural event....not at this extent.

Really really horrifying. Speechless.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I hate to be a Nay Sayer, but this sure has the elements of Prophecy written all over it.....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

The PYB deem our food supply safe by setting low standards. Including the Gulf Shrimp as of late, toxic testing (almost 2X higher than scientists/environmentalists suggested.) Sad.

This killed many varieties of fish. The article mentioned that this happens time to time, but it's usually one or 2 varieties of fish. Everything is dead there, including Ells. (which were the last things I saw alive through the BP cams).

They should start counting them now and charge BP for each one.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I sadly also thought I was looking at a road with cracks then it hit me, I sickened quickly in my stomach.

All I can say is, we are just a bad as they are if we don't stand together all over this Planet and make the change we need for our survival.

We voted them in we should be able to fire them out. I think we should be scared to death with the governments becoming bigger and we need to revamp the whole system.

In the USA the Republicans and Democrats are basically one in the same and neither has done what the people hired them for. We need to start new as many other Countries need to do also.

If we as a people don't figure out how to change this and turn things around for the better then we are going to get what we deserve.

I hope the Creators give us the time we need to make things right.

edit on 15-9-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just an observation, this particular die off has accumulated at the mouth of a river, much as I like to blame BP for everything ecological in the area, I've seen this before. Some factory 'spills' something toxic in a river and the die off accumulates at the rivers mouth just like this, I'll bet those are fresh water fish. Not less tragic though, could be local industry has decided that if BP can 'spill' so can they. Not a good sign.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just an observation, this particular die off has accumulated at the mouth of a river, much as I like to blame BP for everything ecological in the area, I've seen this before. Some factory 'spills' something toxic in a river and the die off accumulates at the rivers mouth just like this, I'll bet those are fresh water fish. Not less tragic though, could be local industry has decided that if BP can 'spill' so can they. Not a good sign.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Dude that was just uncalled for.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Not really an appropriate comparison there.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Orkojoker, no... nevermind, I'm not going there with you.

Seeing these pics has me wondering if seagulls are smarter than the average Obama? Wouldn't the gulls normally be going beserk at a feast laid out like this for them? Or do the 'sense' that a free feed this large is too good to be true?

Although mass fish kills are quite common, this does reek of fouling to an utmost degree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join