It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object in the UK sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Taken by a mate 20.11 last June after his gf called his attention to it, he showed me as she verified the story and tbh I had no idea as to what it could be, it was a canon eos350d 300mm tele prob on full auto.

I couldn't find the thread but I'm sure I saw an image just like this on the board yday, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Not much there to see mate, but at least there is something there!! I saw something last year quite vividley however on film all that came out was a kind of globe shape. Nice one though.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Eurofighter Typhoons look just like that at high altitude, the second picture especially.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Just spoke to the guy and he says it wasn't high altitude, he's a 54 yr old archaeologist who spent most of his working life in QC at a metal plant, often on defence contracts,very level headed and not a big UFO buff, in his opinion it wasn't any plane that should be flying in UK airspace.

According to him the gf saw it called his attention to it and he had time to find it with his camera get 1 shot then it turned around in a very tight turn and flew off fast, against the wind, in the opposite direction to which it was originally been going he was able to get 1 more just after it turned.

As I say an educated and level headed couple saw it and watched it turn and in their opinions it wasn't bird, plane, copter, balloon or debris.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Did it not make any sound?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Eurofighter Typhoons look just like that at high altitude, the second picture especially.

Agreed. The first picture is just a meaningless blob but the second shows definite evidence of a delta wing and a vertical tailplane.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Soshh

Just spoke to the guy and he says it wasn't high altitude, he's a 54 yr old archaeologist who spent most of his working life in QC at a metal plant, often on defence contracts,very level headed and not a big UFO buff, in his opinion it wasn't any plane that should be flying in UK airspace.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion that being an archaeologist makes someone an expert in aircraft identification.

According to him the gf saw it called his attention to it and he had time to find it with his camera get 1 shot then it turned around in a very tight turn and flew off fast, against the wind, in the opposite direction to which it was originally been going he was able to get 1 more just after it turned.

Airoplanes often fly against the wind and the Typhoon is one of the most agile fighters in service today.

As I say an educated and level headed couple saw it and watched it turn and in their opinions it wasn't bird, plane, copter, balloon or debris.

They are entitled to their opinions. That does not make their opinions right.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

I'm intrigued by your suggestion that being an archaeologist makes someone an expert in aircraft identification.

My actual suggestion was that a guy who had worked in QC on aerospace engine parts who upon a medical retirement had decided to step outside of his engineering background and read a degree in archeology was an observant and educated man who had a fair idea of the amount of stress an airframe can take and thus its ability to turn in a few meters.

He estimates the object to be about 800/1000 meters away, not a high flyer, not as big as a plane also it was totally silent.

new topics

top topics

join