It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many hopeful about anti aging drug!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A Russian scientist says he has beaten the problem of aging and the med will be available in 2 years.

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
In my personal opinion I think this will be stupid as we'll be even more populated than ever.

My person few is the meaning of life is to die, we never know the answer because we can't speak to those that have died. Thats my own opinion. I do think this will do more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePacifist

At least you put personal view in your statement, I guess it would be up to the individual to decide, well it should be atleast. I imagine if this would be "the fountain of youth" people would be lined up by the millions to obtain it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's certainly an interesting development. One major flaw I see though is that it only accounts for one aspect of aging. So, while it may increase health and bestow a few extra years of life, I don't really see it as an anti-aging drug. People will still be succumbing to the other biological factors that contribute to aging.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting find OP. I don't think it's the Fountain of Youth so to speak but may slow down the aging process with less debilitating disease.

Apparently it's all about how oxygen reacts in the body.

“99% of the time oxygen turns into harmless water, but there's that one percent that turns into a super-oxide that later turns into very poisonous elements,” Vladimir Skulachev, Professor of Bioenergetics, reveals. “So the task was to find an anti-oxidant that stops that process.”

“Finally, we hope that we will manage to convince people that a single pill treats many threats of aging. So, it must be doing something with the aging itself,” Maksim Skulachev Cand. Sc. (Biology) explains. “Then, if authorities will accept this logic, maybe we could somehow market it as anti-aging drug.”

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I wouldn't take it...

Irony would be millions,tired of their long lives begging for someone to kill them...

Nope, not for me...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Big pharma is going to love this, as the longer people are around the more diseases they will accumulate, which means more prescription sales. I guess that's one good thing about big pharma's psychotic nature, great anti aging drugs are inevitable

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Not that I necessarily want to live longer...I'd sure as hell like to live better.

Imagine being able to enjoy old age without arthritis or altzheimers.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I would take it if it offers a better quality of life. I don't think it will add so many years to a persons life that overpopulation would be a problem. Also, it will most likely be very expensive and not covered by most insurance policies, therefore reducing the number of people that will take the drug.

edit on 14-9-2010 by crazydaisy because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePacifist
In my personal opinion I think this will be stupid as we'll be even more populated than ever.

My person few is the meaning of life is to die, we never know the answer because we can't speak to those that have died. Thats my own opinion. I do think this will do more harm than good.

go kill yourself them to drop the population. Im tired of this "we are to populated talk." There is so much open land here in the USA its not even fun. Canada is wide open, russa is wide open, south america is wide open. we are not over populated. its the people in the citys claming we are over populated. they just need to take a hour long trip out of the citys and they will find open lands

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I can see a reason for this being popular with Celebrities but I can't see why average Joe would want to live longer if the world continues to go downhill as it is.

Originally posted by camaro68ss
go kill yourself them to drop the population. Im tired of this "we are to populated talk." There is so much open land here in the USA its not even fun. Canada is wide open, russa is wide open, south america is wide open. we are not over populated. its the people in the citys claming we are over populated. they just need to take a hour long trip out of the citys and they will find open lands

I wasn't saying it in a "We are too populated lets kill some people and stop over populating." as I said it was my personal opinion. I was merely saying that people would be living for 90+ years and I don't believe our body are built to last that long, mother nature seems to find ways to keep us in check on that side of things. Again this is my personal opinion. I have to say I do agree with you on the wide open spaces. Its all well and good saying there is open space, but are you going to go there and start building?

Truth is, to live in these open spaces you will need some money. I say some I mean quite a bit, to build a house and to be able to travel to somewhere to shop and make a living. All taxable...

You have a very angry persona. I think it's due to fear, you haven't even wrote anything on the subject that was in the OP. You are clearly just trolling.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePacifist

Again, mother nature gives us science and technology. We just reverse engineer what nature has given us. I think people are way off when they try to put us in a box.

I don't see anything wrong with living longer. This just means we need to learn through science and technology how to be more efficient using our resources.

This is the big problem I have with the global warming crowd. It seems they hate life and hate people and they want to use global warming to say,"You can only do this or that because we have to save the planet."

I think it's great what the Russian scientist is doing.

I love life. There's nothing like looking at a beautiful sunset or going on vacation in Turks. If science and technology can extend these things through genetics, oxidation, finding a new energy source or something else, I'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The only way I would even think about taking an anti aging drug is if there were a drug to also erase some of the heartache we have had in our lives.

Many times I wonder just how much heartache a person can endure.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePacifist
I can see a reason for this being popular with Celebrities but I can't see why average Joe would want to live longer if the world continues to go downhill as it is.

I wasn't saying it in a "We are too populated lets kill some people and stop over populating." as I said it was my personal opinion. I was merely saying that people would be living for 90+ years and I don't believe our body are built to last that long, mother nature seems to find ways to keep us in check on that side of things. Again this is my personal opinion. I have to say I do agree with you on the wide open spaces. Its all well and good saying there is open space, but are you going to go there and start building?

Truth is, to live in these open spaces you will need some money. I say some I mean quite a bit, to build a house and to be able to travel to somewhere to shop and make a living. All taxable...

You have a very angry persona. I think it's due to fear, you haven't even wrote anything on the subject that was in the OP. You are clearly just trolling.

yeah you got me im a troll. I dont even know what trolling is so how can i be one? Anyways to awnser your question yes i would go out and start building but not a city or town. i would build a place for myself, family and close friends. i hate big citys. i would much rather favor small out in the middle of no ware places. as long as i can run cable and internet out there. I have to conect to ATS some how. lol.

sorry for the tone, i had a bad day the other day. one of those short fuses. I might be bi polor who know, who cares

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

yeah you got me im a troll. I dont even know what trolling is so how can i be one? Anyways to awnser your question yes i would go out and start building but not a city or town. i would build a place for myself, family and close friends. i hate big citys. i would much rather favor small out in the middle of no ware places. as long as i can run cable and internet out there. I have to conect to ATS some how. lol.

sorry for the tone, i had a bad day the other day. one of those short fuses. I might be bi polor who know, who cares

I accept your apology and I am sorry for calling you a troll lol, I've seen some of your previous posts and I should know better. It's just I am new and I don't want people to think they can abuse me and get away with it.

I might be too who knows whats normal these days?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's one thing if he's figured out the secret to aging, but most peoples diets are crap. You can take as many anti-aging, anti-oxidants pills you want, but if your still packing your colon with McCancer and Burger Thing it's not gonna mater what drugs you take.

new topics

top topics

join