It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Aliens, or if there are, they do not have advanced weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

You cant make a statement like that without providing some proof, and seeing as how you yourself cannot decide if there are or are not aliens, thats a pretty shaky ground to build a statement on.
However, lets suppose there are aliens for a moment, what makes you think that the only option a space faring species has , is either to destroy and enslave, or go someplace else? Are we the only inquisitive species in the universe? Do we have a monopoly on scientific research? Are we to believe that a species which can cross the void between stars, navigate between asteroid belts and so on and so forth, only has murder and conquest on its mind?
On a different tack now, are you assuming that aliens dont have terrifying levels of technological advancement on us? Are you suggesting that a species which must have evolved over quite a considerable length of time has NEVER had to use a weapon of sickening destruction in self defense?
I would have thought that the situation is more likely to be that there are aliens, that they have awesome firepower at thier disposal , but do not see a need to conquer the entire galaxy, and thusly use thier wartech only to defend in extreme peril. I would have thought theres a fair chance (bout fifty fifty) that they wont be totaly warlike and viscious .

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe WE could be THEIR version of a video game.
Or,a holographic universe on THEIR kids' desktop.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Think about it.

If aliens had advanced weapons they could have overpowered the world and humans centuries ago.

So, what is stopping them? Either they do not want the world, or they do not have the weapons.

If they do not have the weapons, they would not want to come here where humans would kill them on sight.

Maybe they have plenty of other planets.

Or maybe they have used an advanced weapon... Humans.

We're sure doing a great job of destroying the planet with absolutely no resistance...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
We can't assume that aliens - if they exist - have motivations similar to humans. We won't be able to understand them straight off, nor them us. It's perfectly possible that some species could be insatiable predators or resource hungry, but we have no idea how civilisations can develop over tens of thousands of years.

I've also considered that life on other planets may not necessarily evolve via a Darwinian model of evolution which could have huge consequences on inter and intra-species behaviour.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey, Hey!

MEMO TO ALIENS "There are no Aliens, or if there are, they do not have advanced weapons'

Ha Ha Ha! Somebody forgot to send this to these guys. www.ufoevidence.org...

Just Sayin!

magpie

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

There are no Aliens, or if there are, they do not have advanced weapons
Think about it.

I really can't get past thinking about your thread title.

"There are no aliens"

OK got that. You have a stance and have stated so in simple declarative prose.

But then... you say.."OR,"

Errr.. which is it to be? Aliens or not?

So we go on and assuming that your inserted conjunction not only modifies your initial statement but negates it entirely we go on to what you essentially are stating.

"If there are, they do not have advanced weapons."

or,if????? (huge can of semantic worms here)

ok, let's get rid of that and get to "There are, they do not have advanced weapons."

Right.
There are no aliens.
There are aliens.
They do not have advanced weapons.

OK what is advanced weaponry? What level of technology do are-are not-aliens supposedly operate at?

Do they have/not have: Rocks? Spears? Arrows? Rifles? Tazers? Lazers? Subcellular disruptors? Singularity enhanement devices?

And, or/if so/not so what is your basis for these statement's?

Do you know the motivations for a nonexistent or/if existent alien?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Think about it.

If aliens had advanced weapons they could have overpowered the world and humans centuries ago.

So, what is stopping them? Either they do not want the world, or they do not have the weapons.

If they do not have the weapons, they would not want to come here where humans would kill them on sight.

Maybe they have plenty of other planets.

Not ALL civilizations are about conquering you do know that right??? There are civilizations in the universe who are and can be civil. We as a race are not civil, I don't blame them for not showing up and saying "hey we are here" most people would shoot them without a thought. Personally I'd offer them a drink or something to eat...that is after I jump and freeze in amazement

Did you ever think that maybe (and I believe they have better weapons) they don't want to destroy others in the universe but maybe they want US to grow up so to speak??

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
omg double post

edit on 9/14/2010 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
WOW triple post...oops.

edit on 9/14/2010 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Humm, the experience I have had in being transported to their ships tells me that their technology far surpases any thing you are ready to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When the first settlers (well, if you ignore the Vikings) settled in the Eastern USA and Canada, many of the natives in the areas would be forgiven if they assumed that the settlers were from a society that had few weapons, lousy survival skills, no heavy weaponry, no scientific achievement, and limited social structure.

If the natives did indeed meet the vikings, they might have assumed that everyone outside their borders was warlike and hostile, also an incorrect assumption.

We are likely only seeing a very small forward group of any aliens making contact. It is impossible to judge a civilization based on a few questionable sightings of a very small part of that civilization.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
..Or maybe aliens with advanced weapons aren't yet aware of us and when they are we'll bloody know about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Think about it.

Where do you think the Nazis got the ideal for Fluoride? Now it's used to pacify the world!

Alien technology......

edit on 14-9-2010 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We are protected.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

I think they do exist and are smarter (more evolved - no need for a cool '68 Pontiac they can probable get one in the holodeck) but me on the other hand ...... where is the neighbor located again?

"but I haven't leaped over my neighbors fence yet and forcibly taken ownership of his very nice classic '68 Pontiac Firebird... "

edit on 15-9-2010 by svpwizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

maybe they did .... more than centuries ago.... oooh

Holy crap
I almost fell out of bed...so true.

As far as the op goes...First of all, equating the lack of an Independence Day hostile takeover to the lack of aliens or impotent aliens is a little silly. Humans attempt to weaponize just about everything from potatoes to vodka. Imagine how an advanced race could weaponize anti gravity technology and infinitely superior power sources? Second, they may have already engaged us in a more inconspicuous manner. Peace.

edit on 15-9-2010 by lambs to lions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Not ALL civilizations are about conquering you do know that right??? There are civilizations in the universe who are and can be civil. We as a race are not civil, I don't blame them for not showing up and saying "hey we are here" most people would shoot them without a thought. Personally I'd offer them a drink or something to eat...that is after I jump and freeze in amazement

Did you ever think that maybe (and I believe they have better weapons) they don't want to destroy others in the universe but maybe they want US to grow up so to speak??

Lol, i suppose you know a lot about how extraterrestrial civilizations are, how many planets had you visit?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Sorry, OP. You don't know if there are no aliens and you don't know if they don't have advanced weapons. I hate it when people make such bold claims. Just because there is no hard proof of aliens doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, or if they do exist, it doesn't mean that their "advanced weapons" exist.

Anyway, catwhoknows. Aren't you the one that calls yourself an Indigo with no evidence? Seems like you're being a little hypocritical. Don't worry, though. We're all hypocrites. You win some and you lose some.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Your post is pretty limited in scope, and flawed.

Weapons are for war, but not all war is high intensity conflict, and not all weapons are point and kill.

A direct conflict is costly. It costs in lives, resources but its saving grace is its quick.

A race that doesnt care about time, will have a more complete victory by coverty subverting the enemy from within, medical tampering, psychological conditioning maybe even environmental sabotage. The end result is your enemy surrenders his world gladly to your superior race when you arrive, with the expectation of salvation & knowledge.

Instead. You get the pineapple!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In the OP's opening post, a third alternative is proposed.

(emphasis added)

Personally, I think the bolded alternative is the more likely one. (or indeed, they'd likely have it by now)....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join