It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many hopeful about Russian scientist's anti-aging drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Many hopeful about Russian scientist's anti-aging drug

rt.com

Professor Vladimir Skulachev says he managed to find an anti-oxidant that stops the gradual deterioration of health caused by age.

“99% of the time oxygen turns into harmless water, but there's that one percent that turns into a super-oxide that later turns into very poisonous elements,” Vladimir Skulachev, Professor of Bioenergetics, reveals. “So the task was to find an anti-oxidant that stops that process.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
When I saw this, I was just like "wow", thinking this may help people live for hundreds of years. That was just my first initial thought.

After thinking for awhile, I would guess this would only extend someone's life for another 10-20 years. I havent found anything else on this yet, but Im going to keep searching.

This is pretty interesting. I wonder if there's a chance this drug will be improved over the years and will end up having people live to 500 years???? Im not sure if thats realistic, but its interesting to think about.

Edit -

After success with eye drops in animals, the inventor tried the medicine on his own cataract. Six months later, his physician told him his cataract was gone.
- I wonder if this drug will have other medical benifits, possibly curing other health issues, AIDS, cancer, ect....

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-9-2010 by buni11687 because: More thoughts

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I suspect that after it makes its way through the Pharmaceutical companies it will stop the aging process while at the same time causing cancer. Irony...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Im thinking bigpharma is going to mess with this some way or another. If this new drug turns out to be helpful, I hope they dont end up messing it up. Im guessing they're going to put a million dollar price tag on it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Wasn't that always in the cards to begin with? Only the wealthy really deserve to live forever.
The rest of the slag should do their little tasks and reproduce to make more money for the gods.

there is no way anyone would get a hold of this for less than an arm leg and part of a righteous soul. Especially with all the belly aching from scientists, philanthropists, and government morons about over population, and other various climate /global issues.

We all should die wile the rich pull up a chair and get "FABULOUS BABY"!

#kers...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I have been hearing about the anti-oxi blablabla crap for a long time now, they have products right now with that BS.. Sick of this Shizz, I mean common, they have already made billions of dollars fouling women, showing pictures of little wrinkles getting cleared and you see all of them rushing to the market to buy one.

to the 21st century women.. Embarrassing.

On a brighter side, getting old is not about the chemistry, it is about the mind. We have the biological possibility to grow much, much older and stay much, much younger than we are now. Use your own head, and don't have a frown on your head everyday, that is what gets you old and gets you killed.

When you get sick of life, you die, the process is much slower though, hence you get sick of it a little, you get some wrinkles, you get sick of it more, your wrinkles double etc..

edit on 13-9-2010 by oozyism because: USE YOUR HEAD

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
the debt created by people wouldnt be so insurmountable based on an immortal economy.

it would be very funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

On a brighter side, getting old is not about the chemistry, it is about the mind. We have the biological possibility to grow much, much older and stay much, much younger than we are now. Use your own head, and don't have a frown on your head everyday, that is what gets you old and gets you killed.

When you get sick of life, you die, the process is much slower though, hence you get sick of it a little, you get some wrinkles, you get sick of it more, your wrinkles double etc..

I agree. Also, if a person thinks they are going to get sick from something, they usually do.
If a person catches something from someone, or gets ill from some cause, those that think/know that they will heal fast, often heal faster than other people.

If we hang out with younger people more than older people, we age slower.
Maturity is highly overrated.

Our minds are very strong, and can do way more than people give credit for. I also think certain vitamins help the process of healing, such as vitamins c and d, and especially good natural sunshine (in moderation, no sunscreen), and fresh air, but if we "know" that it's helping, again, we heal faster.

The placebo effect proves this. Our mind is doing much of the healing.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hey Buni. stop seaching and wondering, its been around for over 55 years:
Well, this russian scientist should've been aware of something that works for over 55 years, called GH3 or Gerovital, invented by Romanian dr -scientist Ana Aslan for which she got nominated for Nobel prize in 1960's!!! The Rothschilds, Clintons, Stalone(did you see how he looks at 65?) and hundreds of other movie stars and heads of state have been usig this product or treatments in Romanian clinics with great results!! By the way,
Dr Aslan died at 92, no wrinkles and no greay hair, using her own product! She died breaking her hip and never recovered! And yes,FDA is been trying to ban that ever since!!!!! Big pockes that Medical industry!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I hope that he can find the anti-oxidant as soon as possible,bu ti know that needs a long period o ftime,so i should keep doing exercise and eat healthily before he find it out to fight aging.

top topics

join