It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low level 767/777 ,No runway in sight Google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I spotted this plane whilst holidaying on Google Earth.This is most likely a 767 at low level casting a shadow but there are no larger airports in this area ,the closest major airports are hundreds of kilometers away at Sydney or Canberra.This is in skunkworks so any bizarre answers will suffice,what do you think?About to crash or lining up for a landing on the nearby Hume highway to stop for fuel.

Heres the co-ordinates if you want to look. 34 48' 25.70" S 149 14' 44.96" E

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That is not a shadow, it is an artifact seen often in Google Earth not just with aircraft. Here are pages of them.
www.rodsbot.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok forget about the artifact,The plane still looks fairly low with no major airports in that area.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I spotted this plane whilst holidaying on Google Earth.This is most likely a 767 at low level casting a shadow but there are no larger airports in this area ,the closest major airports are hundreds of kilometers away at Sydney or Canberra.This is in skunkworks so any bizarre answers will suffice,what do you think?About to crash or lining up for a landing on the nearby Hume highway to stop for fuel.

Heres the co-ordinates if you want to look. 34 48' 25.70" S 149 14' 44.96" E

Canberra airport is just over 50 km away.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Yeah i didnt realise it was 0nly 50 ,anyway its heading North East away from Canberra.Look what i'm trying to know is the altitude,Or do aircraft just look low from the satellite pictures?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It has no shadow... All of the clouds around it have a shadow. Must be higher than the clouds..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Well if you want to calculate the height, you could try to do it from the road that is nearby, typically each lane is 4m wide, so it's a two lane road making it roughly 8 metres.

Take a screenshot and zoom right in to count how many pixels wide the road is, then you will know how many pixels makes 8 metres.

Do the same with the plane after you've identified what plane it is.

With these figures you should be able to calculate the height of the plane. Give or take a few thousand feet.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think you forget, GE is not a 3d program really...pictures are taken from hundreds of miles up via satellites.

Anything flying around would look near the ground due to lack of perspective, i mean go to Paris and look at the Eiffel tower without 3d buildings...

What interested me though was the raindow, plasma looking "shadow".

Also, zoom out a bit, and youll see Canberra, and if you follow the planes trajectory, you can see it departed from the Intl. airport there, and is turning to follow its course, or actually, may be being told to circle around for landing...

edit on 18-9-2010 by 8fl0z because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Google Earth is cleansed of all secret images so what we see is real
in an artifact way.
Although I'd say look and observe for the secrets we seek cause looking
inside can get confusing.

new topics

top topics

join