It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newborn Baby Found in Airplane's Trash at Manila

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Newborn Baby Found in Airplane's Trash at Manila

Authorities at Manila's airport found a newborn baby in a garbage bag that was apparently unloaded from an airplane that landed Sunday from the Middle East, officials said.

Security officials brought the baby boy, who was covered in blood and wrapped in tissue paper, to an airport clinic, where doctors and nurses examined him and cleaned him up, wrapped him in cloth and gave him a bottle of milk, airport officials said.

"After he was cleaned, he let off a soft cry," airport nurse Kate Calvo said. "He was healthy, his vital signs were OK according to our doctors."
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.cbsnews.com...

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/baby-found-in-airplane-trash-can-in-philippines-dpgonc-km-20100912_9605134]www.myfoxdc.com

edit on 12-9-2010 by toolstarr because: wrong link

edit on 12-9-2010 by toolstarr because: uggh. i cant edit the original source, now its all messed up. Mods, just erase this post por favor.

edit on Sun Sep 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit, attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why do woman still do this? There are many options available.

There are so many people that cant have kids and want to adopt.

She could have had an abortion if she didn't want it , or given it up, or just given it to someone at the airport after she had it... but just to throw it the trash!!!?

I'm glad he is still alive, but can you imagine the emotional baggage and abandonment issues he will have.

Bo okmarks Toolbar Most Visited www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr

Why do woman still do this? There are many options available.

There are so many people that cant have kids and want to adopt.

She could have had an abortion if she didn't want it , or given it up, or just given it to someone at the airport after she had it... but just to throw it the trash!!!?

I'm glad he is still alive, but can you imagine the emotional baggage and abandonment issues he will have.

Bo okmarks Toolbar Most Visited www.abovetopsecret.com

I too am glad he is still alive but I think the airline should check the record of who boarded the plane. Leaving your baby on some random doorstep is stupid, but reasonable. Throwing a baby in a trash bag is a crime and just wrong. The woman whoever she is should spend some time in jail because she knew that it was wrong. These are the women who should be stoned...not the woman who cheats on her husband.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
When I read stories like this it really makes me want to scream.

No, I do not know what it is like to be in this situation. However, I can not help but think that there are other options available to this person.

This was most likely caused by panic. Are we not doing as good a job as a society as we should? An "unwanted" child can be found a home. Maybe if humanity as a whole would send that message out this would not happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No woman should be stoned....ever.

Your thoughtless comment speaks of who YOU are.....you dont know anything about the circumstances, yet you are ready to stone the mother to death??

Sorry, but your words hit a nerve...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

I must agree.

We wish to protect the life of the newborn. We should not advocate the death of the mother. She has committed an unspeakable travesty. Let it be shown to the world, and let the world see that a positive outcome is possible for the innocent child. That is a better lesson than stoning the woman.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

I agree, remember - this is the PHILIPPINES we're talking about, not some suburb of east LA. Maybe she was dumping the child because it was illegitimate, and she would have faced some sort of violent or legal retribution as a result of keeping it? Maybe it was a 15 year old girl who panicked? There are so many possibilities, it's just immature to offer a knee-jerk reaction of condemnation without any real investigation.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Son of Will because: grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow, how can a woman give birth on an airplane flight without anyone noticing?

new topics

top topics

join