It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3520 mile race across America with a difference. Look out Forest!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes, that's right. The Brits have landed and are ready to take Forest's record for running across America. However, this race is going to be a real box of chocolates as six men embark on one epic challenge not knowing what mental and physical perils they will face.

Mark Ormond, a triple amputee, will be taking part hoping to raise as much money as possible for the Help for Heroes charity. The race started today in New York and you may see them pass through your town any day soon. They call it The Gumpathon.

Mark Ormond Interview:

P.S. This isn't going to turn into a pro-war/anti-war thread-fest. It is just to let the majority American ATS member base know of what is a pretty epic challenge taking place now.

edit on 12-9-2010 by LarryLove because: To add a post script

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

What hollywood was hinting at with forrest gump's marathon was that he'd been exposed to the aids™ virus, after having had unprotected sex with Jenny, and needed to sweat it out by his self-genius being his guide. Deeper still was the message that Hanx is gay in real life, thus his rabid promotion for the hoax. This allowed the timeline to be shifted back further, generating a larger base for incubation and, of course, death.

I specialize in zionist influences in the 20th and 21st century.

edit on 12-9-2010 by davidmann because: no apologies

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Didnt a Canadian Named Terry Fox sort of did the same thing ?
a One Legged Amputee...

Well in Canada that is for Cancer research!
a True Hero as i was only 10 years Old at the time I remember
The man had cancer spread in his lungs Tumors size of lemons in both Lungs (he did NOT know until Couldn't Continue and was examined) and did a Marathon Across Canada with One Leg and a Artificial Leg with no Support of a Cane nor a Crutch ..

I Honor his Effort tho.. as the Guy in the Ops Video is doing it for Soldiers

Video work click on youtube link below

edit on 12-9-2010 by Wolfenz because: add some more

edit on 12-9-2010 by Wolfenz because: add Video

join