It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World leader In power to 120 years old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

In power to 120 years old

rawstory.com

"So we're going to live until 120?" Putin asked him with a smile, as the two men relaxed in armchairs.

"It seems so, yes," Berlusconi replied, according to the Russian-language translation offered by NTV.

"But that would be an average age, mind. I'm told that leaders will have an even longer life," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't often post on this site, I tend to be more of a lurker but I saw this and It screamed red flag all over it. the small snippet there interests me the most. What do they know that we don't? especially when his country is not too high on the life longevity scale.

What are all of your thoughts on this? It kind of freaks me out but at the same time just spurs me on a bit more just knowing I am not crazy for thinking there are bigger things going on behind the scenes.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-9-2010 by dtalon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
120 is the current maximum human lifespan, if nothing else kills you first, but by that age (if not earlier) you stop doing replacement cell division...

To get past 120 you have reset the telomeres...every time your cells divide the telomeres on the end of your chromosomes get a little shorter, past a certain point the telomere is too short, the cell will no longer divide, and so you don't replace your cells that you are always losing through attrition...there are already immortal human cancer cell lines, that have the mutation that replaces the telomere...google "human telomerase reverse transcriptase" ...there's a lot of research not directly longevity-oriented that uses it, but that's the string you want to pull...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Things are more like this .

Berlusconi stated he's currently financing an italian institution . The purpose of that institution is to increase the medium life age to 120 years , not only adding years to a human life , but quality to those years...

During Berlusconi's speech stating the above Medveedev couldn't stop smiling, like most people that were in the front row listening the speech

Berlusconi went on to say how they can achieve this ( life style, ancestors , cells study , etc)

Here is the link where you can see the speech ( it's in italian) www.youtube.com...

I don't see Putin saying anything .

But Berlusconi is nevertheless considered a buffoon on the international political stage , especially after all the sex scandals he's been involved in, after making Angela Merkel wait for shacking his hand as he was talking on the phone or after yelling "Hey Obama" , at a meeting with other world leaders , and managing to upset the forever young queen of england. By the way , if Berlusconi wants to have a long life, he should ask the Queen for the recepy...

The begging of his end started some time ago , as italians, even if a little late... , they are starting to wake up...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Whatever charlie_the_loafer thinks, Berlusconi is the leader of Italy for the Will of that country habitants.
He is still respected and credited within the italian population.

Between us a "sexual scandal" has no any weight like as it happens in anglosaxon culture, and at the contrary a "sex active 73 years old guy" if source of pride for us.
Our culture strongly divide public to private life. It is unacceptable for us to consider the value of a man, whoever he/she is and whatever he does for his sexual attitude and behaviour and his private life.

So, who planned to build up that scandal surely come from outside Italy, probably from a protestant cultured think tank.

There are forces connected to Bilderberger that are trying to take power in Italy, and their representer are connected to Prodi, who is a dirty player with dangerous friends and di Pietro who is scaring ignorant and trivial.

Anyhow.. people who don't like Berlusconi are a lot in Italy, but still a little minority, as Italians generally appreciate his operate and the way he governs Italy.
The problem is that these people as they are not listened in their country as this charlie, they try to find credit abroad, saying bull# as our friend here, reporting a distorted vision of what happens in Italy and worst of all they "wash our dirty clothes in a public square", causing distortion of the perception not only of Berlusconi but also of Italians, and so general ashame for who live abroad like me.

edit on 12-9-2010 by nuspy because: typo

edit on 12-9-2010 by nuspy because: typo

edit on 12-9-2010 by nuspy because: .

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This article is sourced via Rawstory to the French Press. AFP, it would seem, is not beneath engaging in journalism that is 'low overhead."

The editor should have made the reporter research the institution involved, and the other particulars... rather than present the piece as a fluff, or 'filler, article.

The news is about a casual exchange between two highly visible public figures...

I was hoping it would have included more substance...

Hopefully, the OP can fill in some gaps. Nevertheless this is an important story (behind the chit-chat of two people who many love to hate and ridicule.)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

and managing to upset the forever young queen of england. By the way , if Berlusconi wants to have a long life, he should ask the Queen for the recepy...

I wouldn't consider the Queen as forever young, she is 84 ? considering the Doctors she has access too and the privilege she must have access to regarding health care, I wouldn't consider her as being much different from most 80 plus year old people, Women seem to hold their age a lot better than men IMO.

But I have to admit to being a little biased being a Royalist, she does a lot better job as people give her credit for, she serves a purpose placed centuries ago, that being after the reign of Henry VIII and the Reformation, without which the UK would be a totally different place, as would IMO the USA, and many other Countries around the World.

Where World leaders are concerned, people do have a tendency to take age into consideration when considering voting for them, as time goes by people are starting to live longer and longer, maybe there is a secret to longer life, which only the privileged know about, but as time goes by people will notice, especially when we end up with a World leader who is 130 years old an doing 200 press ups a day.

I think that would have a lot of people wondering why, a secret that wouldn't be a secret for too long.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Berlusconi is an entertainer. He's smart enough to get where he is today. The charisma to get away with his mistakes. A character that is a natural born leader.

To bad he gave his power to the EU. It is only a matter of time before they are going to consolidate it.
Probably when they've got the means in place to force it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
120 is the current maximum human lifespan

Yes, according to the bible. However, there are plenty of accounts people living longer than that. Not too many, but more than few. Even one quite verifiable:

Oldest one

This one's perhaps even older:

ESTIMATES of the size and composition of Indonesia's booming population may remain just that despite an ongoing census, if the "discovery" of a 157-year-old woman is anything to go by. Census officials have said they believe the woman's claims to have been born in 1853, when Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata debuted in Venice, the Crimean War erupted and San Francisco got its first street signs at intersections.

"There's no authentic data to prove her age but judging from her statements and the age of her adopted daughter, who's now 108 years old, it's difficult to doubt it," statistics bureau official Jhonny Sardjono said. The only person verified to have lived past 120 years of age was Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997 at the age of 122.

-v

edit on 12-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 446

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Nobody is talking about the goddamned stinking Bible, fluffy...

And where in the Bible does it even say that ?

The French woman is what I am talking about, that is as far as they get...I hadn't heard of your Indonesian example previously...certainly it sounds interesting, but it is definitely an outlier begging for investigation and proof...

edit on 12-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuspy

The problem is that these people as they are not listened in their country as this charlie, they try to find credit abroad, saying bull# as our friend here, reporting a distorted vision of what happens in Italy and worst of all they "wash our dirty clothes in a public square", causing distortion of the perception not only of Berlusconi but also of Italians, and so general ashame for who live abroad like me.

every country has its "representatives" in here, they sit quietly and wait for orders, maybe like you, and when their leader or government actions are attacked start spitting fire , like you did.

there's nothing distorted in what i said, there was a sex scandal , there were prostitutes , there's nothing to admire in a 70 year old man frequenting prostitutes , he did make angela markel wait to shake his hand cause he was probably talking to one of his prostitutes on the phone and he did yell for barack obama.

The only thing distorted is your way of defending him. And yes, the tough economical situation in Italy is very much tied to the fact that Berlusconi is in power , the benefit cuts , the loans , everything.

You are probably one of those who make propaganda when the election season starts or even votes multiple times as a token of your support...

there was no need for personal insults, i called him a buffoon yes , that's what he is , world leaders always laugh when he performs/speaks. Look at Medveev in their last meeting... That's the role of a buffoon, to make people laugh , and you Berlusconi is very good at it , he managed to turn the prime minister of Italy position into a full time buffoon role .

Italians were "seduced" by his media empire but many lost their trust, that's why i said that many are waking up, sadly you're not one of them as i see...

All faithful or even fanatic followers of some leader always use this line when " the people chose him" , just like you did ... well, you chose him , you wash your head with him... as many others italians already did...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Of course. Sorry if my post implied that you would mean bible - but 120yrs is really from it.

Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”

Genesis 6:3

I wouldn't buy the indonesian discovery outright either. Nevertheless it has been widely reported in media. At least she had 108yrs old daugther according the cencus.

-v

top topics

join