It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape shifting UFO in St. Charles Sky..... Need info

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Did you steady the camera on something, or did you shoot it freehand? Just wondering so I can determine how much of that erratic movement is due to your filming.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A satellite (and I am terrified of them) moves in a straight line, uniform velocity, and can cover the horizon in a minute or so...and looks like a moving star. I have see them flash lights or reflections, and there are some that seem to have standard green and red lights like a plane (or perhaps these are simply high altitude planes as I see no reason for a satellite to have lights at all).

My guess is that man has learned to hang things in the sky that don't need to move in an orbit in order to remain stable.

At any rate, satellites do not shape shift. I programmed the Kane County police but the channel is silent, perhaps out of range.

edit on 12-9-2010 by davidmann because: clarification

edit on 12-9-2010 by davidmann because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

No tri-pod it was freehand, the object was going very quick was tough to keep it focused. Would like someone to do video editing and magic to clear it up

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Did it move uniformly, straight line? I don't have the benefit of a black sky, being near the city and all, so I don't look for these. I know the area though. Some nice places around there. Brian Wilson lived there for a while?

I feel like checking the O'Hare incident. Someone said there were ufos visiting police stations...not surprised at all, knowing a little about 'justice' in these parts.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
IF the object was far away (and I say "if" because there's no reference for distance) then the speed of its movements is unbelievable. It also seems to split into different parts (this can be seen clearly at 1:08/1:09).

edit on 12-9-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

My only refrence was the stars it looked at first to be a star then it moved, also as it moved it did cover alot of space within the sighting, attitude was pretty upthere, it was high because it did pass over a passanger plane and it was way above the plane.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Well, then it's movements seem inexplicable. I hope someone can analyze the film more closely.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Looks like 2 bugs either mating or playing/attacking with each other close to the camera in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The object isn't moving, if it is moving, it's moving quite slow (satellite speed).

All of the movement is from the camera.

The two green dots appear to be dead pixels and only change size when the lens is zoomed in or out.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The object isn't moving, if it is moving, it's moving quite slow (satellite speed).

The OP said it was moving "very quick".

And are satellites red often?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Well what the OP says and what is seen in the video are two very different things I'm sorry to say.

There is a bit of redness in the colouring so I'd hazard a guess that it is a stationary star being filmed with a very shaky hand.

You can see how much shaking there is from 1:48 onwards when the house comes into view.

edit on 12/9/10 by Chadwickus because: Reason classified

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The object was red and looked like a red star, it blink odd and it caught my attention so thats when I turned to my GF and told her look at that red star, she said it wasnt a star then it was moving.... I followed it from the distance with the camera and it flew over, i would say it flew in a straight line.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: typo correction

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well what the OP says and what is seen in the video are two very different things I'm sorry to say.

There is a bit of redness in the colouring so I'd hazard a guess that it is a stationary star being filmed with a very shaky hand.

You can see how much shaking there is from 1:48 onwards when the house comes into view.

edit on 12/9/10 by Chadwickus because: Reason classified

The house didn't come into the picture until it flew over us. I thought it was a star at first but was proved wrong when it started to move, and moved it did...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

2ndSEED.....

As per my original post.....

I am still confused about how much movement of the object you actually saw with your own eyes.

In addition to the normal problems of filming without a tripod, could you have been shaking a little in the cold.....from what I can see, it was about 12 deg C / 54 Deg F at the time.

Could you help again with the clarification of the movement you saw? (many thanks)

I'm sorry if I'm appearing to be a little "slow on the uptake".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 12-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Extra info & questions

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I believe my hands shaking can account for the majority of the movements. As U observed it was moving at the start of video and the light kept moving out of focus so I hand to find the light again over and over until I finally had a lock on it.

The light keep a northwestern to southeastern flightpath... it did move but not dramatic if someone has a stabilizer you will see the actual movement.

edit on 12-9-2010 by 2ndSEED because: added pics

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Is that a loop of what you saw or is that thing moving like that the whole time?

Why are you using the word shape-shifting? Personally, I think that's an over-used new-age DUMB word. It almost takes the credibility away from the incident (and author) because right now, if you're being honest and this isn't a hoax, you don't know WHAT it is. So to take a giant leap and call it shape-shifting is a disservice to you and your plight of figuring out what this is. I just wish you could change the title to this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

How the heck do you film a bug (at night) for 2 minutes short of training it?

I don't know about you but I don't know any fly or mosquito that would stay in my view long enough for me to film it for 2-minutes and..........using a spot light to boot! (Unless he's a self illuminating bug!)

I am very impressed how this thing looks to be at the bottom of the picture in one frame only to wind up at the top in the very next frame.
But please don't say morphing or shape-shifting. Please?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human Alien…..

How the heck do you film a bug (at night) for 2 minutes short of training it?

To reiterate that which I said, here it is again:

“I think you might get a few "bug" comments.”

So…..that is not to say that I think it’s a bug.

However, I don’t see why a bug flitting around relatively close to an observer couldn’t be filmed & produce a similar appearance, as per the many NV videos that proliferate on ATS, YT, etc…

I don't know about you but I don't know any fly or mosquito that would stay in my view long enough for me to film it for 2-minutes and..........using a spot light to boot! (Unless he's a self illuminating bug!)

Light attracts bugs…..that is called phototaxis

I am very impressed how this thing looks to be at the bottom of the picture in one frame only to wind up at the top in the very next frame.

If you look at my earlier post, you will see I raise the issue of filming by hand & shaking from the low temperature as the predominant reasons for the movement.

The op clarifies almost all the apparent movement was caused by these 2 things.

But please don't say morphing or shape-shifting. Please?

I don’t totally discount the concept of some apparent level of “visual change”, as per the object in this thread:

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

If you take still U will see it changes similar to the video from mexico shape shifting UFO... its been posted on here... what we need is an expert who can stabilize the video....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I know this will sound nuts, but if you saw this last night, I think I saw the same thing. I was outside having a smoke around 10:00 pm est. and I also saw a "red star" at high altitude moving at a very fast clip. You are correct that it did blink oddly. Mine was moving from the north,northeast to south south west. For the altitude it was, the redness of it was rather bright actually. All I had was my phone camera and it was too full of my videos from the blondie concert night before to film it. What little piece I did get was just blank screen anyway.

Im in Rhode Island USA. btw.

Wonder if others saw it...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join