It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Test Plane Circling Houston for Hours Tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello ATS

Been away for a while, but thought this was worth a bit of digging. For the last hour and a half or so tonight a plane has been circling Houston,TX at 50,000 ft leaving many circular contrails spanning the entire Houston metro area. Freaked us out a bit for a while being Sept. 11th and all. This was highly unusual.

Did some digging and found one article found here. Officials: NASA test plane circling city is safe
NASA test from Ellington Field. Pretty spectacular test.

My camera battery is dead sorry, wish I could post pics.

Did anyone else see it?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Outside of Southwest Houston. Didn't notice anything out of
the ordinary. Test plane... like in experimental plane?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I was outside around 4:50 pm today and right above me was a 90 degree "dogleg" contrail above me that went straight after the dogleg. Really weird. I am at work so i didnt get a picture but it might very well be what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I saw it and took some pics of the contrails. I wondered why someone was burning up a lot of fuel and money flying in serpentines and circles!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not a believer in chemtrails, though I do find it odd that they would circle Houston, instead of the Gulf just to the south or the plethora of farm land and swamps everywhere else. What part of Houston was it circling, downtown, the beltway or the entire metro area?

--airspoon

Edit: I thought you said chemtrails, I apologize.

edit on 11-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Not a believer in contrails?

As in contrails don't exist?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Um, NASA is sort of based in Houston.

You don't believe in contrails? That's kind of an odd statement. They've been observed since the early days of manned flight.

The plane was this strange looking beast, the WB-57:
It's a research platform, one of two which operate out of Ellington Field.
jsc-aircraft-ops.jsc.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/11/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I saw it too. Was interesting in light of the date. First time to see this plane even though "officials" have mentioned that these "tests" are conducted often.

Here's a new story from my local news station: www.khou.com...

Also pictures related to the event: www.khou.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I did not notice it until around 6:30, but this was a (edit: I guess not so BIG) jet at high altitude doing big clockwise loops over the city with five or six distinct circular contrails from previous loops. I watched it again for a while around 7:30 and watched it do three or four more rotations. When I say loops or rotations, I mean big ones 20-30 miles around. So hard to judge distance when something is at 50,000 feet, but it was moving fast.

At one point at dusk, it went almost straight up and caught the glare of the sun over the horizon and created a flash from the reflection, i thought the thing exploded for a second.

No conspiracy here, (or is there, muwahahaa) just not something you see everyday above a major city.

edit on 11-9-2010 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Airspoon did you mean chemtrails? The article really didn't say much but why would they do this on Sept 11 - surely they know this would make people a little nervous.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Does anyone have information about a silver ball or a photo of a silver ball (or silver orb) used by the military during staged disaster drills?

Some time at the end of June 2010, in a city (will not be mentioned), several black helicopters were staging a drill. One of these helicopters flew to the west side of the downtown area.

A silver ball appeared, visible from the expressway. It was not a weather balloon, as the object did not float but moved as fast as the helicopter.

The black helicopter on the west side did a U-turn and flew toward the silver ball as it moved southwest of the downtown area.

Since it was an expressway with moving traffic that was halted due to a traffic jam, it was not possible to track the action of the helicopter pursuing the silver ball.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serpent of Arabia

That's the one. There are some good pics on the second site you linked. I nabbed one to post here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/945659c92204.jpg[/atsimg]

Strange bird indeed Phage.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, relax, I thought he said chemtrails and I meant to the same. Phage, I know that NASA is in Houston, as I used to live across the street from it and my mother was employed Lockheed. However, that doesn't explain why they would have a test flight circling the city, as opposed to their own property or even an unpopulated area.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Is that your photo? Is that the Hilton Dock, across from NASA?

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

See above pic. It was so high it could have been miles and miles west of Houston (579 sq. miles) I live on the east side and the view was the same. Like I said before, very hard to judge distance.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

No I nabbed it from here.
I was thinking that was probably taken around Laporte, Clear Lake or Kemah, very close to NASA on the water.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
oops double post.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I no longer live in the area, having been away for well over 12-14 years but that looks just like the Hilton dock off of NASA Road 1 and because of the sun setting and my familiarity with the area and which direction Houston is from there, I thought maybe I could gage if it was even over Houston or south of Houston, where NASA is.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Here is another one with a land mark. (Humblewood grocery) Humble is 30-40 miles north from the coast where the previous pic was taken to give you an idea how big an area we are talking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df7d2bf4a210.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Reading the brochure you linked, it says it can well exceed 60,000 feet. It was doing it tonight. Shooting nearly straight up from already 50,000 feet. this thing was moving quite a sight to see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed07543896b.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join