It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Alien Contact Will Change Your Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We all want disclosure, very very badly, But what if you woke up and the new top thread on ATS is "Contact has been made! Woohoo!" This is the scenario we all are dreaming of, but have you actually thought what this might mean for us all?

Please share with me your views on how this would change your lives.

I'm sure this kind of thread has been made millions of times, but its worth a shot.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
good thought op.... disclousre is coming but will it be alien contact thats da question..... i know of a few programs that have been fling wired crafts for a while now but for the masses i think they woould be paniced

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure there is a "wooo hooo" in disclosure. There are multiple sides to this.

Believers: "See, we were right all along. However, we have no idea how to deal with them."
Religion: "Well, we now welcome our bretheren from space. We have no idea how to deal with them. They're not human so we cannot impose our centuries old doctrine on them."
Govt: "HOLY CRAP MAN!! We don't have weapons to fight them but we believe we should blast all of them who cannot give us interesting technology. And how can we tax them for using our airspace?"
Me: "Don't know how to deal with them but I'm sure that these visitors will be abused far more than welcomed."

I hope disclosure happens, hope we don't blast them and maybe once they're offered a place to live they don't take our jobs :-) Well, the ones we don't want to do, maybe.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is proballiy one of the or perhaps even the biggest question of mankind...

It will certainly change our life. Because then we know there is more intelligent life beside us..

But the only thing we can hope for is that they really come in peace.... because otherwise we are doomed...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Quasar_La-Zar.....

Well, I guess the manner in which it would change my life is contingent on how the aliens would approach us.

On the one hand.....

If they arrive & give us free energy, cure all sickness, etc..... then my life will change for the better.

On the other hand.....

If they announce their arrival by blasting the begeezus out of us & enslaving us, etc..... then my life will not change for the better.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ty for your thoughts.

Although IMHO I don't believe they will be coming here for jobs/houses, the universe is big enough for them to have their own jobs/houses, Nor do I think our gov would just attack neutral sentient people.

I think if anything they would come to remind us of our roots, to remind us that we are connected to the same conscious grid as they are,to remind us of what makes us human, and to maybe give us instructions on how to act properly in the new galactic neighborhood, you don't just let some group of monkeys that just figured out how to leave their planet time to attack the closest neighbor do you?

If you ask me we need some instructions, for this was the reason i started this thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

what this might mean for us all?

It would depend on the nature of the contact. Do mile-wide ships show up over major cities? They they just sit there or they vaporizing things? Is there no visible alien presence, but the government announces that they are or have been in discreet contact? What sort? Do they say that Val Thor really did meet with Eisenhower, but there's been no contact since? Do they say that there are underground alien bases and it's a hostile presence? Does SETI announce that they've decoded a signal?

What sort of contact? What sort of disclosure? It makes a big difference.

edit on 11-9-2010 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If and when the government finally decides to disclose anything, that is the time I will be most skeptical...

If it is the aliens themselves who disclose themselves to "all of us" then I must assume something has gone wrong with TPTB 's and the aliens diplomatic relationship..Or maybe TPTB decided now was a good time to fake an alien invasion via Blue beam, or if they do exist use thier alien friends to put on a show... In these examples "we" are totally screwed.. Or they are benevolent and here to help, which can only affect my life in some "trickle down technology" manner for the better.

As someone who is open minded as to the possibility they may exist somewhere, probably not here atm imo but somewhere, It will not shake the foundations of my belief system although I am sure it may for many..

Either way Its totally out of my control, So I am going to continue trying to be a decent person, love my family members and friends, and hopefully someday die happy...

Oh, and...

Quasar_La-Zar

How do you feel about it? How will it change your life?

~meathead

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If they came in Peace that would be a great thing - hopefully those on earth would learn from them and forbid not get trigger happy before they know what's happening. If they are hostile - most likely they could obliverate us with a wink of their big eye! There are a lot of scenerios to consider if they make contact - let's just hope the big G's use their heads! This would definitely change our lives, wow just the thought gives me goose bumps.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

As for how it would change my life - I am a peaceful person now and I know no other way to be so I would remain the same.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
---LordBucket---
Lets say mile-wide ships hover above our cities and some land and actually shake hands with people, and in our language tell us our galactic territory map with our areas designated for humanities colonies to inhabit (enough for us to never need more space) and the location of every species civilizations and descriptions of each species, in our galaxy and nearby galaxies. Maybe even demonstrate methods of increasing our mental capabilities to communicate with them.

Also they come with an agreement of neutrality with the possibility of peace which is the goal, if we evolve for the better naturally. I believe this is how it will be when it actually happens also.

---Mike Stivic---
""How do you feel about it? How will it change your life?""

It would make me happy to know that I've experienced the most interesting event humanity as a whole has experienced to date. It would change my life in the way that the utopia I vision of millions of civilizations with sentient people just like ours living in general peace is reality, and I would be relieved to see our old traditions fade away.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would prepare to call them ETs it has a more approachable ring to it,, iv seen about 12 UFO's since the 60s an the vibe was never uncool, so i think if they made an appearance all over the planet at the same time oozing with love everybody would get the vibe an all would be cool,,hell i might even forgive TPTB as the great catalyst that led us to were we are now! peace ..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Lets say

Given that scenario, I think my own life personally probably wouldn't change much. Not for a while anyway. I'd attempt to contact them telepathically and take them up on that "increased mental capabilities to communicate" offer. And I'd probably take what I learned and try to expand on it. And if I felt a good sense of rapport I'd probably try to make some new friends amongst them.

I think what I'd be most curious about would be the affection angle. In my experience, my relationships with non-humans have been primarly about cuddles and affection. For example, if I see a stray cat my first reaction is generally to want to pet him, hold him, scratch behind his ears, etc. Between humans there are social customs that prevent that sort of thing. Aliens might not have our inhibitions. And if telepathy is part of the deal, then a high degree of intimacy is probably very likely. So I think "are you cuddly?" would be one of the first things I'd try to find out about them. Barring my own notions about body aesthetics, anyway. I don't think I'd be eager to snuggle with one of the aliens from District 9, for example.

But in terms of "change" I think the telepathy would be the most significant for me personally. I don't think I'd be particularly interested in participating in colonization efforts, and I would guess it would take some time for new technologies to trickle down. So most of the external stuff would take a while.

But yes, if aliens show up and offer to teach me telepathy and want to cuddle, that's probably what I'd do.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Ty for your thoughts

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I hope I am dead and gone if and when it happens because the human race as a whole is going to lose what little mind it has left. It is not going to b pretty at all. TPTB know this and will never let it out. If it does happen it will be 'them' that lets the world know and not any government.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I hope I live to see it happen, just to know what it was like, to see the entire worlds jaw drop, followed by mass panic and chaos. Your also right, the gov will never tell us this, they will have to come to us.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It would be a conspiracy fest. Many members here and people everywhere would have a hard time believing it and attempts to debunk and reveal it as a hoax would (and should) be high on the agenda.

If poeple want something bad enough (et/disclosure) and they (TPTB) can give it to them to excercise a control and or thought pattern over them, then it's something to be watching out for if there is a chance it is false.

Yeah, I'm a skeptic.

I think there would be global dissappointment when we find out they came all that way without washing and didn't bring any presents.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The UFO/Alien forums would become abandoned and derelict without any need to spam "Disclosure is soon" threads every ten minutes.

The server would suffer some kind of hardware failure induced by one or two threads on the topic in "current events" being simultaneously accessed and posted on by 90% of the forum population.

ATS members would assume it was a conspiracy to silence the truth and take up hostilities against the nearest local government office (local, federal - what's the difference?).

The world descends into war and chaos.

The aliens go away thinking: "Every time... Every time we come here and do this, this is what happens.... what a strange culture."

On a more serious note - it won't really change my life all that much. I will still need food, a home, companionship, etc. Proof of aliens, alone, won't change that much. Activity of aliens, on the other hand - could certainly become a factor. So could the activity of people around me in regards to knowledge of aliens. It honestly is not going to surprise me when it happens. I'm also not going to be surprised by what the aliens turn out to be like. It doesn't make much difference to me if they go around death-raying everything or if they brought cookies to share with everyone. I don't really have an expectation of what it will be like. Sure - I speculate and have speculated quite a bit - but I'm not going to sit here and try to feed you a bunch of bull about different races of aliens, their aspirations, etc. I "know" more about the culture of the grays than I know about the culture of Korea - and I have spent time in Korea. So I'm not inclined to believe what is "known" about aliens. It reads like a Twilight novel where it's all made up on the fly and in complete disregard of the previously established rules. Congruity, continuity, and consistency - all indicators of a functional and real system. When it lacks those, it's fake. If it has those, it's plausible within its own right (IE - star wars physics doesn't necessarily translate to physics we can actually utilize - regardless of how carefully the lore is crafted).

So - what will it be like? Well, if they have been keeping an eye on us for the past - oh - forever and a day, and we're here now, I don't expect proof of their existence to really change their end of the deal, much. Why would they suddenly be prompted to change their behavior because we managed to accomplish the task of recognizing they exist (something probably considered quite basic)? More importantly, why should we change our behavior because something that (possibly) has always been there is now confirmed?

We are more likely the ones to initiate some form of contact we are familiar with. If they are well-traveled, they are probably used to being 'hailed' rather than doing the 'hailing.' It's like being a door-to-door salesman.... going around knocking on doors can net you all kinds of results that are inconsistent with your purpose for being there, if not dangerous. Setting up a stand or signal to let people know you are selling ice-cream is a better way to ensure people know you are selling ice-cream, and that you minimize contact with people who are not going to act in a manner that is consistent with your goal (to sell ice-cream).

The signal may be out there - we just may not be hearing it, or not be accustomed to it being of any significance - like a child who cannot read, or a person who cannot hear.

It's all speculation. I will simply look forward to the opportunity to learn something new - even if it is how to avoid becoming food for aliens.

new topics

top topics

join