It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in Afghanistan protest now-suspended plan to burn Korans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

But which group has mobs calling for murder and fatwas if it feels insulted? Who is it that films heads being sawn off?

Actually in America has many MOBS and VISCOUS killers, and RAPISTS, and PEDOPHILES, and TORTURERS, and GANGSTAS, and FANATICS who are ready to defend the US.

Just because they are ready to defend the US under an invasion based on their own mentality, doesn't mean US is to be blamed for their actions.

I hope you see the comparison. If you don't, ask..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

We do not censor our news in the United States of America. Sorry you prefer yours to be sensored, no wonder no one really knows what is going on, or who their battle is with. Al jeezera TV is such a controlled outlet, you are only hearing what your country wants you to hear, you are manipulated. Then when the people get mad, your own country will shoot you down for raising your voice against that which they manipulated you into hating.

I remember during Desert Storm, Al jeezera was broadcasting that there were NO american soldiers on ground, but coming up right behind the so called reporter, a herd of American Soldiers. My husband served during that time, his compassion for the sad and used people of Iraq is still raw today. He felt so sorry for the people, at one point he had to shoot, when a man came shooting at their medical facitily, then turn around and work on the same guy, and he felt nothing but compassion for the guy, he understood that this man was being used and manipulated into what he did, and doesn't even understand that.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There is no comparision ooze, you cannot compare fact to fiction, your scenario is fiction. You are a hate monger, you yourself hate Americans, you 'ooze' that hate at every chance you get. Why don't you go ahead and just chant death to america yourself?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by oozyism

There is no comparision ooze, you cannot compare fact to fiction, your scenario is fiction. You are a hate monger, you yourself hate Americans, you 'ooze' that hate at every chance you get. Why don't you go ahead and just chant death to america yourself?

Are you saying if America was to be invaded, rapists, gangstas, pedophiles, torturers, fanatics, killers, lunatics, extremists blablabla, are you suggesting those people won't help defend the US in their own way? Are you suggesting you don't have the above category of people in your country>? WOW, is it ignorance or arrogance, I don't know and really don't care because sometimes it is almost impossible to differentiate.

The fiction argument is the argument of the arrogants, because they can't imagine themselves in someone else's shoes lol, that is why history repeats itself, and arrogants become victims of their own arrogance, that is realization the hard way, there is the easy way also, to imagine yourself in someone else's shoes, I'm sure your brain is capable of that

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There are bad people in every country. Not one is without them. The problem with radical islamists lies in the fact they listen to a madman. They act out like a madman tells them to do. They follow the teachings of a madman. If they are mentally imbalanced already, the madman makes it worse. He uses their inability to tell that his demands are over the top and unacceptable. I am not saying in the united states we do not have some crazy mfers that will take up their guns and defend this land if need be, because they will, but our president or country is not teaching us to do that.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

The problem is that gangstas are ruthless and viscous, and also have ruthless viscous leaders. Don't you think they will follow them>?

Thank you for accepting the fact that America also have crazy people, but they don't consist of even a zilch percentage of the American population, but if propaganda was to be spread against America, their actions would be spread louder and clearer than any other American defending America.

For example if rapists go and rape Muslim women because Muslims invaded America (that way causing fear and hoping Muslim armies would leave because of it), or Gangstas go and kill innocent Muslims because Muslims invaded America, or Pedophiles go and rape little Muslim kids because Muslims invaded America.

My point is, don't fall for propaganda, America literally spends billions of dollars, TAX PAYER dollars for propaganda, that is your money being used to manipulate you and millions of other people all across the world. I can bring you a link to show how much of your money your government is using for propaganda if you want.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I can tell you my money goes where I want it to.I like to have fun,I like to drink, I like to cook, I like to drive around, I like to travel, camp, fish, ect., and that is where my money goes. My tax dollars, sheez that is a drop in the bucket, and for that I get good roads, safety patrol, streetlights, schools, food for the hungry, homes for women and children who are at disadvantage, and so much more. I do not agree 100% with every descision made about how tax dollars will be spent, but that is my perogative, and if I want to change something about the way it is spent, there are ways to have a voice in that too, voting is one of them. The largest protests I have seen in my country were over war ,when I was a child, and then when the Latin world marched here protesting immigrant laws and attitudes. I can honestly say protest is worthless in this country, it gets no one anything, but, it is legal to do it peacefully.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I'm not gonna debate this issue, because I understand where you are coming from, some people I rather not talk to because in the end it will hurt me as much as them. You look at the positive side, that is what I looked at is well, and I always had a smile on my face, then when I went towards the light, boom, there it went.

In that sense, good day to you mam.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

My point is this..
If Christians decide one day to go holy war on them..
[quote/]

IF?

Thats comedy gold right there.

How about

IF the CRUSADES ever end, Islamic extremists would have very little to be angry about.

edit on 12-9-2010 by March of the Fire Ants because: quote fail

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why is it that we can never see past our own corporate, controlled media? We all sit around terrified of the 'extremist' Muslims, which probably only account for a handful Muslims but the American media is good at making it look like the entire Middle East.

It would be the same as the Middle Eastern Media showing clips of the KKK all day long and trying to convince their people that everyone in America is an extremist when its only a handful of us.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What do you expect? You are dealing with 7th century, uneducated cretins.

I expect nothing less out of them all.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am curious why we take this at face value on ATS? You get some reports from the MSM and take them as gospel? The reaction is to be angry and hateful towards all Muslims, as you have done. Why do you just believe what you are told? Have you considered what they are being told in Afghanistan? Do you know what kinds of reports they get from their versions of the MSM? Perhaps they are hearing a more twisted version of the truth, just as you would believe you are were the story something pro-Muslim.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Who is it that films heads being sawn off?

I was watching a special on TV the other night about people in the US such as the man in Syracuse that kidnapped girls and kept them in underground dungeons for years. He raped and tortured them while holding them prisoner. He kepy hours and hours of footage of these girls in that dungeon. Then it want on about other such case and eventually covered snuff films and pedophile/murderers who kept photos/videos of their crimes. I wonder how that makes all Americans look when it is played overseas in the "right context" with just the right music and narration? It is easy to get sheep to run from a wolf just by howling you know. Where are we running to now?

edit on 12-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let's see...

The media shows nothing but bigots protesting the Islamic Culture Center "near" ground zero.
The same bigots claim the religion of Islam is pure evil.
Conservatives are hogging up the spotlight claiming 9/11 is a good enough reason NOT to let the Center go on.
The Westboro Church and a few others burned the Quran.

It's not surprising there are Islamic protests. Does this make them a violent religion? No, it means they're angry that their people can't even worship freely in America without being protested or attacked.

And that's pretty much sums it up.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

It is good that others also have the ability to compare all sides.. Thank you for that, and make sure you spread the word, because people are becoming truly gullible.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i have never meet a muslim yet that doesn't snub his nose at women .
of course i live in a state where i dont see to many Arabic people...

But my wife work's for a doctor who is arabic and muslim .
she is not allowed to look him in the eye's.
or touch his hand if she hands him something.
and if he and her meet why walking down a hall she is to stop and put her back to the wall till he pass's.

And she has to put up with this to get a paycheck and it's legal in america..
God we bend over backwords for them..

Let me tell my employees that have to do that or they cant work here.
i would be sued..
But doesn't work that with these muslim doctors we have in my state.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

But my wife work's for a doctor who is arabic and muslim .
she is not allowed to look him in the eye's.
or touch his hand if she hands him something.
and if he and her meet why walking down a hall she is to stop and put her back to the wall till he pass's.

Don't make assumptions zzzzzzz

When I came from Afghanistan to New Zealand, I couldn't look at a girl in the eyes, no because I was forced to, but because I was shy, and girls liked that for some reason.

I was so shy, that I couldn't even stand close to a girl, when I got used to talking with girls, I still stood far away lol.. Everyone knew I was extremely shy, but then 9/11 happened, and instead of them treating me like a new comer, understanding I came from a different society therefore was extremely shy, they starting insulting me, which turned me in to violence to get that respect back, and became a dog like them. I don't blame them, because Western societies revolve around the media, blablabla, but you know, they refused to understand me therefore I refused to understand them, then there goes the conflict.

The same BS is happening in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Thanks. I just remember how mislead we all were about so many of our "enemies" in the past and how we have been manipulated over and over again to believe things that go against the facts just because we see it on television enough. I find it hard to imagine that we super smart Americans can be so easily duped over and over again but people with fewer resources and freedoms could not succumb to the same. I live near a family of Muslims and they have not tried to kill me or my family yet so I know it is not so simple. I am glad I am not alone here in thinking it might be wise to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
i have never meet a muslim yet that doesn't snub his nose at women .
of course i live in a state where i dont see to many Arabic people...

I do not know any Muslims that are Arabic. Please do not fall for these kinds of tactics. A country and its people are different from a religion and its people.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How is what i said a assumption?
Its the flat out truth..

No woman nurse or worker is allowed to touch or look him in the eye's.
and stand up against the wall to let him pass.

THAT IS 100% FACT ..
i can give you the doctors name and phone number ask the other nurse's if ya want.

I asked him Personally..why do you make my wife act like a servant instead of a equal?
He said it was against t his teaching of the quran.
If my wife touched him..even his hand..it was the same as cheating on his wife.
If my wife or other women look him in the eye's...its same as cheating on his wife.
and they had to stand up against the wall cause in his religion woman are to serve man not stand in there way.

AND YES that is his exact word's ..and we as Americans pay for these backward 7th century to go to school here with grants and other crap for foreign aid.
go figure more political politeness lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join