It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from South Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Not considering going back to SA. No reason or motivation to go back to the conditions I was fleeing from. NZ is a great country. I am very happy here. Will stay here even if everything gets sorted out in SA. I have a lot to offer this country and the people of NZ accepted me with open arms.
Not into rugby at all -All Blacks? Springboks? who are they??

edit on 14-9-2010 by Ysterlong because: Spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread.For a moment I thought I was the only South African here.Anyway,it's good to hear there are other South Africans.Think South Africa is split between skeptics and hopefulls.We'll see which side wins.I don't blame expats for leaving South Africa,in the end you have to do whats best for you.And no one can argue that crime affects us all.So i geuss u have to do certian things to protect ur own life and the lives of your family.
Agree that the media mostly focuses on the bad stuff mainly because it sells.People digg being scared and paranoid.Than again not all of it isn't true.We have our problems.So either u live with it or u go to New Zealand(aslong as you don't support the all blacks).Though,springboks have been up to Sh!t.
Anyway,I've been trying to think of something worthwhile to post on ATS.What do you guys think...Dr.Death?Apartheid?The problems SA is facing today?Reverse racism?Siener van Resnburg?Theres alot...maybe even the infamous batalion 32...mmmm?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

The current situation in South Africa makes it difficult not to be a sceptic. We have seen this process so many times before in Africa and the way the situation is handled in SA reminds me of what occured in Zim. Not interested to be part of that process.

I feel that the rest of the world is not really informed of the plight of the ordinary citizens of SA. This is not a race issue, allthough everybody wants to play the race card. It is a political and criminal issue and sometimes I get the feeling that these two are so intertweened, that you sometimes cannot distinguish between the two.

The rest of the world is so obsessed with the USA, Iraq, Israel, etc. that SA does not even feature anywhere. I believe the world should take note what is happening in the crime capital of the world. What is the difference between 100's of innocent people dying at the hands of terrorists and 100's of innocent people dying at the hands of criminals. In any event, what is the difference between terrorists and criminals? In SA the criminals are terrorizing the ordinary citizens and it seems that certain groups of citizens are specifically targeted. What is this different to terrorist acts elsewhere in the world?

My advise would be to start a thread perhaps asking the question what is the difference between terrorist attacks in the world and criminal attacks in SA. It is time that the rest of the world get a proper picture of the situation down south in Africa. A bit of caution here: Brace yourself for some hefty attacks from other users when you venture into topics like this. My advice is to present the info as objective as possible and keep race and religion out of it.

Good luck and peace!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Fine,I started a thread on the crime in SA.maybe you can contribute to it.I actually feel sick after posting it.Bleh

<< 1   >>

join