It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neo-Con Social Engineering: Enter The Hipster

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think you are wrong there whaaa. From what I have gleaned from the internet over the last 18 months, the initial hopey and changey feel has gone to WTF did we just do.

I am so glad an Obama has followed a Bush. Might just put that together in this thread.

Obama = Bush +
Progressive = Neo Con

They are just two different government controlled groups that want power for themselves. The same end game just different paths.

Now, the people that still believe in the hopey changey are now in control and are beginning see a LOT of parallels with ol Bush baby. Bailing out his buddies in different corporations, banks and unions, just like the Bushter.

Now, you have folk like me, that have never trusted the power in either the two group's hands.

Here is the "thing", I know for a fact not to trust any group in power. So, how to deal with that? Neither group gets power, the POWER should remain with the individuals.

Those founders were pretty damn smart. Just need to use that basis of law to stop the madness.

My interpretations of trend analysis anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sorry but..
Rhetoric and future pining =/= trend analysis.
Everyone I know who voted obama have scratched heads a couple times, but no 'buyers remorse'.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
On Hipster's...you need to remember there are, in a sense, two kinds.

The first kind is, as the OP put it, a general term for beatniks, hippies, spiritualists, yuppies, and anything of the counterculture.

The second kind though is the "new" kind that has emerged in the last decade or so. You see, the difference here is that these Hipsters are called....well, Hipsters. And these hipsters don't exist anywhere else. Hippies, beatniks, and all the other counterculture phenomenon over the last century have occurred throughout the world. The new hipsters exist solely within the USA.

And these hipsters have absolutely no culture. All they do is follow clothing trends and buy the newest, useless pieces of # people don't need (like say, the iPad for example). It's a group whose whole purpose is consume things; media, clothing, technology. They don't create a damn thing. There is no "hipster" music scene. There is nothing unique to them outside of their seemingly habitual need to buy stupid useless #.

And yes, these same hipsters were likely involved greatly in the youth movement that got Obama elected. And not a single damn one of them cares about politics anymore either.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sorry but..
Rhetoric and future pining =/= trend analysis.
Everyone I know who voted obama have scratched heads a couple times, but no 'buyers remorse'.

Then maybe you should step outside and talk to people because no matter where I go, people who either supported Obama initially (myself included) or continued to support him into the first year of his presidency are wondering what the # just happened.

For Christ sakes, the ACLU...let me repeat that....THE ACL FREAKIN U has said the worst transgressions against civil liberties during the Bush administration have become the NORM of the Obama administration.

Anyone who can not see the similarity between Bush's policies and Obama's really should take a couple of weeks to think that out a little more because, outside of the social perspective, Obama and Bush have been the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Sorry, I had been offline a few days.
The ACLU and others like to bark and squeal and punish those who don't placate.
Am I happy about the patriot act remaining and other things? No. Absolutely not.
However some things to keep in mind:
Some of those things being kept hush could be enough to seriously damage the relationship with the U.S. to everyone else.. You never know. Again, not acting as an intentional apologist on that I do however see the liability concerns. Perhaps the future might remove it's claws entirely, but I doubt the actions will ever be revealed.

Separately, Obama has done a HUGE amount of things I agree with. Such as the embryonic stem cell research ban lift, hate crimes bill and several hundred little things which are not really relevant to the point

Ultimately: Everyone I know still approves what he is doing, I also hope most people can see through the politics of sabotage as well.

Course this is all irrelevant to the topic of how demographics are being shoe-horned into a term that is OK to ridicule.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join