It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emo Culture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
After having many young people who do not care, now we have the Emos - people who care about the planet.

This is a timely occurrence, because before that young people did not care.

I am an old Emo - a lot of things hurt, but I still care.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Im not an Emo, im young and i care about the state of the planet.
In my opinion you don't have to call yourself an Emo just becuase you care.
You should be yourself, with your own views and opinions on things, even if some people do not agree, stick to your opinions, thats what makes you human, it's what makes you an individual.

Don't categorise yourself, you are who you are, and nobody can take that away from you.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
LOL, Emo is so 2006.

But I am glad you care!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Emo has nothing to do with caring for the planet at all. It's just a group of depressed teenagers who rally behind a certain brand of music. I bet most of their face make up is tested on animals, their leather boots are still leather and the music they listen to is rubbish. Probably like any individual of any group people do care about the planet, but emo is not a group dedicated to such causes.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Hi, could you please give some specific examples of the stereotypical Emo caring about the planet? What have they done as a group to improve their (and others) living conditions?

See, Emo's to me are just really annoying mix between hipsters and Goths. I never even realised they thought of subjects apart from themselves.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Absolutely fantastic, all that caring, and perhaps zero action equates into well...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Emo has nothing to do with caring for the planet at all. It's just a group of depressed teenagers who rally behind a certain brand of music. I bet most of their face make up is tested on animals, their leather boots are still leather and the music they listen to is rubbish. Probably like any individual of any group people do care about the planet, but emo is not a group dedicated to such causes.

Emo is like the Grunge movement of the 1990's, only they take the whole depression thing to a new level with their razor blades and self mutilation....

Yeah, that's a good idea...go harm YOURSELF....that'll show everyone!

This is the first I've heard of Emos being dedicated to helping the planet. Maybe this is a new "species" of Emo that is emerging.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Absolutely fantastic, all that caring, and perhaps zero action equates into well...

You can say that again....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

So, Emo is 06 - what is 10?

I really want to know please.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

You are so right.

Everyone needs to be themselves without labels.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

idk, scene? lol

but i see Emo as a dying fad. maybe not totally dead, but definitely more of a 2000's fad than a 2010's fad.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I am an old Emo - a lot of things hurt, but I still care.

How can you be an "old Emo" when Emos haven't been around very long? Also, I'm curious about the title of your thread being "The Emo Culture." All you stated was that Emos care about the planet. What does that tell about the Emo culture?

edit on 11-9-2010 by NightGypsy because: edited to put quote in proper format

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

They didn't invent emotion.

I am one of those people who is always overcome by emotion. So hang me.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I believe the OP is using the term "emo" to mean a person who is empathetic, concerned, and caring and is not actuallly talking about teenage kids who listen to the Cure and utilize cutting as a means of self expression.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I just want to see specific examples. What have they done to further the cause of environmentalism? What have groups have they created? How have they given back to their community in regards to the environment?

And if anyone is so overcome with emotion over their life, then wouldn't it be more healthy to change their life and get some fresh air?

Just saying, you don't see any Emo's out here in the country....

Cheers
Shane

edit on 11/9/10 by shamus78 because: (cause I forgot to add stuff)

edit on 11/9/10 by shamus78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
How can you be an "old Emo" when Emos haven't been around very long?

Not that I care, but Emo's have been around since the 80's, unfortunately

It's not really that new a fad ya know.

Also, I'm curious about the title of your thread being "The Emo Culture." All you stated was that Emos care about the planet. What does that tell about the Emo culture?

Yeah I don't get it?
I never associated emo's with caring for the planet or anything like that.... just people who listened to crap music, much like goths?

I dunno man.... I think labels are just stupid and if you're happy to call yourself EMO... then you probably change your musical tastes and personality to suit whatever the latest trend dictates.

All very sad really.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

There are two new fads: Vegetarian and Straight Edge, both gain more and more ground with teenagers. Why? Nobody knows, it's just another stupid "Look at me! I'm so different, i'm so better, i'm so great!" thing. (There are some stupid Teens who become Straight Edge just because they watch wrestling and like CM Punk who promotes that lifestyle as his wrestling persona
)

Emo is still a big trend, especially here in germany and trust me, those kids are not caring for the planet they care about whining and crying how "bad" their life is, how everything sucks and how they want to die. They really take it over the top here.
Though we have another big fad here, it's the "i'm a gangsta from da hood"-thing lot of kids, especially immigrants seem to like. They really think that munich or berlin are the gangsta towns. They're stupid but #ing funny at the same time

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The whole emo thing is just an extension of a part of modern society that seems to have come to the conclusion that your emotions and "how you feel" about something is the overriding #1 most important thing above any sort of logic or facts.
I was bought up to believe that sometimes my emotions had to take a back seat for the sake of other things, I might not "like" eating vegetable but was told to do so because they were good for me and crying about it wasn't going to make any difference. I might not "like" going to maths class but that was tough because I needed to learn maths.
Now it seems that if you cry about something it's an automatic short cut to winning any kind of debate as "you have to be true to yourself"
Ultimately what these teenagers care about is themselves and this particular generation seems to be allowed to be as ego maniacal and selfish as they want and it's held up as a good thing

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Ultimately what these teenagers care about is themselves and this particular generation seems to be allowed to be as ego maniacal and selfish as they want and it's held up as a good thing

Absolutely agree Dave. Spot on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join