It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Remembrance....no matter what side your on.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ill never forget the day.

Just got off shift, we had a major exercise going at Barksdale AFB got home about 0630 passed right out.

Jerked awake a couple hours later, usually take me a few hours to doze off after that so I rolled over and turned on the TV in time to catch the second impact.

Soon as I gathered myself I called work and was told either get in here quick or just be on telephone standby for a few days because the base was being locked down.

Tossed my uniform back on and hauled butt to base, got to work helping download the ALCM's we had just got uploaded the previous night.

Later I was on the flightline when air force 1 landed, exhausting couple days downloading turning and sitting ready with our jets till we were allowed to go home.

Everybody was the same on base if we were not working on the jet we were glued to the tv looking for information, and trying to manage our anger.

I had family that worked in the rubble for a bit after the attack, I have buried friends in wars since, forget I cant not ever forget that day, and the innocents that died.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
2019 bump, it seems to be drifting into the background more than ever and that is sad.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I was 5 years out of the NAVY and working for the family construction business. We were on a little 4500 sqr ft home set on 7 acres of land in the middle of nowhere KY. Nothing but the basement and first floor were up. I was walking up a ramp carrying a load of 9' studs on my shoulder to build walls. I can feel the cool breeze on my face, feel the handle of my 22oz Eastwing slapping my right thigh as I walked up the ramp. A bead of sweat running down my cheek and I hear my Uncle say someone crashed a plane into a building in New York. We all stopped what we were doing and gathered around a work truck, turned on the radio and began to hear the news as it unfolded. After an hour, we stopped for the day to go home to our families. We were all hard working and hard playing mens men. We liked our beer and love our families and not one of us drove home with a dry eye that day.

I went home and watched as people jumped for tens of stories up to keep from burning alive. I saw the towers fall. My heart broke for this country. EVERYONES heart broke for this country. This country came together right and left and we felt strong! We felt like one America! And we were all pissed. I wish that others could remember this time the way I do.
edit on 10-9-2019 by KYRick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

edit on 11-9-2019 by NWOwned because: improper imbed

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In Remembrance, 19 years later.
Everybody that died that day......their children are now graduated from high school.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You've done a great job bumping this every year for the past 11 years.

Thank you for the remembrance.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I finally made it down to the memorial just before the 'Vid madness struck as a friend of a friend had never been to New York and wanted to see it.

I found the people I knew on the engravings but the amount of smiling jerkoffs posing for selfies and sitting on the people's names made me want to shove them all into the pools below. I don't see myself going back.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's on them, my friend.

Don't allow selfish morons to chase you away.

Now that I'm within a reasonable drive of NY, I'll be making that trip one day. I found out, a few years ago, that I had a friend in one of the buildings, he didn't make it out.

Nineteen years. Seems like only yesterday, given how clear my memories still are... I think everyone lost something that day, maybe not a friend, or family member, but an innocence about just how dark the world can really be.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Don't allow selfish morons to chase you away.

I just didn't think it was a place to take smiling selfies. You gonna do that at the Vietnam Memorial or the Arizona? Probably not.

Let me know when you come out, I'd be happy to tour guide for you.

edit on 11-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
You gonna do that at the Vietnam Memorial or the Arizona? Probably not.

I've been in pictures at the Arizona smiling, but it's more an ingrained "ok, everyone smile" response than it is anything else.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I'd like that, sir!!

Probably won't be for at least a year or so.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

911 Memorial is closed . Area is blocked off

I live in NJ and frequently travel in by PATH train which has station right under WTC

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I've been in pictures at the Arizona smiling, but it's more an ingrained "ok, everyone smile" response than it is anything else.

Not what I really meant.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
20 years now.
This year I thought I would post more than I normally do.

A picture, a video and a audio.

I picked this one because I only saw it for the first time this month, this man almost looks like a statue.
Embalmed in dust, it reflects the devastation put upon the survivors that day. The personal cost to them all.

I picked this video because of the horror of all the people that jumped to their death that day, who never woke up that morning wanting to die or commit suicide. But the circumstances were so very bad that they decided to jump rather than die from fire or smoke inhalation. It is very likely they would have died anyways in the coming collapses.

This is more of an audio/video of the firefighters communications that day, what the lead firefighter says is very interesting.....but that is for another thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
9.11.2021 (20th Anniversary)

IMO, the annual "911 Remembrance" day should be toned down, and the day Osama Bin Laden was killed should be made higher profile.

Terrorists aspire to take a place in history by causing an attack that gets a lot of coverage every year on the anniversary of the attack.

But an annual "celebration" of the killing of a terrorist who caused mass casualties would at least, ruin their day.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

When I finally get over to your side of the pond perhaps you could show me around on a quieter day to allow for the solemn reflection that those souls deserve.

Our hearts and thoughts are always with you guys on this most sombre of days.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
When I finally get over to your side of the pond perhaps you could show me around on a quieter day to allow for the solemn reflection that those souls deserve.

Our hearts and thoughts are always with you guys on this most sombre of days.

For you I'd make an exception.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah , I Remember Alex Jones back in 2001 Seeing Right Through the 9/11 False Flag ................

www.infowars.com...

edit on 12-9-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join