It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Catch A Flying Star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I found this audio on the net and thought the ATS team would be interested in it. It was recorded for the Radio National in Australia which is part of the ABC network. It goes into detail of some of Australia's more famous UFO cases and some interviews with Bill Chalker, pilots and Truckies that drive across the Nullarbor ( long stretch of road from west to east of Australia) Kangaroo Shooters that have seen strange lights.

There is 2 parts to this audio.:

To Catch A Flying Star

The Knowles incident where it was claimed a UFO picked their car up whilst driving from Perth to Melbourne across the Nullarbor Plain. Lots of doubts about this case but what fascinates me is the amount of Federal Police involvement and so soon after the event . Also the Tuna fisherman who also experienced the same object roughly the same time .see link below for full story

Knowles Case

Kelly Cahill abduction case the most famous in Australia if not in the top 10 in the world. Report was written by Bill Chalker from the Oz files, there are also plenty of videos interviewing Kelly about her ordeal just look at her you tube channel www.youtube.com...

Kelly's Case

Kelly's case from the Oz Files

My personal Favorite is the RAAF pilot sitting down with other RAAF pilots and witnessing a ufo over Darwin at the Air force base, This pilot then went on and worked for Qantas as a commercial pilot and during a flight from Sydney to Singapore the cabin crew experienced a very large object, Listen to his description, amazing

Hope you all enjoy the audio, well worth the listen whilst searching the ATS forums whilst playing in the back ground

Wally

edit on 10-9-2010 by auswally because: fix lineage

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Auswally me ol' mate!

You've presented some really interesting Oz cases during the past few weeks.

Here's an interview with Kelly Cahill, where she reconstructs elements of her experience:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Auswally.....

Here's a GE image of the road where it all happened:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks MMN ,

Kelly's case is a weird one that's for sure, Funny thing is she wasn't the only one that night that experienced it , a car behind her that she noticed during the event came forward ( 3 people), all parties were interviewed at separate times and their accounts of the event were very similar. All stated time loss and this is the big one, there was another car behind the party of 3, These other occupants of this car have never come forward

Wal

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Auswally…..

Here is an image showing the appearance of the “object”:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ae11a33061e.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is an image of the “encounter”:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e33c0c84977.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is an image of Kelly Cahill’s book about her experience:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48e22253765a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a link to the Amazon purchase page for Kelly Cahill's book:

Amazon Purchase Page For Kelly Cahill Book

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Nullarbor ( long stretch of road from west to east of Australia) Kangaroo Shooters that have seen strange lights.

Thats a long boring drive through some very uninhabited large areas..

Perfect place for anything to hide...

s&f

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Bit wierd that the "encounter" pic shows a more normal shaped head,

but the book cover shows more "alien" looking shape..

Suppose that sells more books, just thought I'd show I notice

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From Bill Chalkers site the Oz Files

THE OTHER WITNESSES If the August 8 encounter had revolved only around Kelly, it could be argued that the experience may have been some sort of psychological episode. But the presence of other witnesses - a married couple and their friend, plus a possible other observer in a third car-forcefully argues for a real encounter. Indeed, the PRA contends that the focus of the incident was not Kelly but the two other women. As in Kelly' s situation, the females in the other group seemed to play a dominant role. Bill, the male witness in the trio, appears, like Kelly's husband, to have had only limited involvement. The two women consciously recalled onboard episodes. They remembered the UFO and the tall black beings. Their description did not feature the red eyes Kelly saw. For the trio the experience apparently started when they approached the site. All three could hear a strange noise and suddenly felt ill. Bill thought he was going to faint. He lost control of the car and ran off the road, striking a pole. After checking for damage, they drove off. A few minutes later a speeding car with its high beams on shot past them. Then another passed. They came to a bridge with a sharp turn following it almost immediately. Farther along this section the trio stopped. As all this was going on, Bill's vision was impaired. Obviously he had Some type of vision as he was driving, but he was unable to remember seeing the UFO. The two women with him recall the UFO clearly, and their descriptions closely match Kelly's.

Thanks MMN for the images

Wal

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Nullarbor ( long stretch of road from west to east of Australia) Kangaroo Shooters that have seen strange lights.

Perfect place for anything to hide... s&f

CynicalM.....

The Nullarbor Plain is an incredible geographical feauture.

From Wiki:

The Nullarbor Plain is part of the area of flat, almost treeless, arid or semi-arid country of southern Australia, located on the Great Australian Bight coast with the Great Victoria Desert to its north. The word Nullarbor is derived from the Latin nullus, "no", and arbor, "tree", and is pronounced /ˈnʌlɚbɔr/ NUL-ər-bor. It is the world's largest single piece of limestone, and occupies an area of about 200,000 square kilometres (77,000 sq mi)[1]. At its widest point, it stretches about 1,100 kilometres (684 mi) from east to west between South Australia (SA) and Western Australia (WA).

en.wikipedia.org...

As per Wiki, the true Nullarbor is the light tan semi-circular area adjacent to the coast in the image below:

Here are a couple more pictures to give members a sense of the scale of the Nullarbor Plain & the isolation that can ensue:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 11-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Formatting image files

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Would have to be the loneliest drives on earth CynicalM

Did you listen to the link CynicalM

Edit Those pics MMN describes Australia to a tea, Its why its called a sunburnt country

Wally

edit on 11-9-2010 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Auswally.....

I'm really glad you posted this audio link.

It's fascinating & I was not aware of it until you showed it to me.

I really hope everybody listens to it.

For interest's sake, here is a picture of the audio tape as sold through the ABC stores across Australia.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41b934a77acf.jpg[/atsimg]

You know.....as I think about it.....

I wonder if Nefermore would be interested in playing any excerpts from this on ATS Live?

I might ask him.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The Kelly case is one of the most fascinating concrete cases out there. One of my favorites and still gives me the creeps thinking about it. There is a thread on the case have a look maybe you will find some more info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-9-2010 by theMegaladon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

lol, I know mate..I fly over it maybe 8+ times a year...
Usually a redeye flight though..Bit of a shame,,
Though I'm usually flying back around first light..
Some awsome visions...But also no UFO's

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

No I haven't but intend to..
Maybe today, it amazes me the cases I haven't heard about...

Not that I'm a UFO nut but it does interest me..
Not to mention I live in Australia and cant remember this case..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Sheesh, just looked it up...

Its like 15 minutes drive from me...

1993 and I cant remember it ?? Wierd..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I'm really glad you posted this audio link. It's fascinating & I was not aware of it until you showed it to me.

Amazing how i found it, Type in UFO cases in Western Australia 10 pages later whoola

I really hope everybody listens to it.

So do i mate. be good if you could get ATS to play it

Sheesh, just looked it up... Its like 15 minutes drive from me... 1993 and I cant remember it ?? Wierd..

There is heaps of cases in Australia mate , just they are really hard to search and not well research to begin with, without shed loads of money i guess it will stay that way

Wally

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Amazing how i found it, Type in UFO cases in Western Australia 10 pages later whoola

But I just read this case was in Belgrave, Victoria....

Now I'm confused.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

But I just read this case was in Belgrave, Victoria.... Now I'm confused.

The audio link mate

Wal

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

lol, OK ..I'll get onto that now..

cheers

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi

Yes, we do have some very interesting UFO cases in Australia.

For a look at what the Disclosure Australia Project found in the Australian Government files go to:

disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org...

Take a look at the Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

top topics

join