It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Sue CIA, Army for Involuntary Mind Control Experiments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For anyone who doubts that the government used/uses mind control, these men will testify from first hand experience with it. Although this lawsuit is for experimentation from the 1950s to the 1970s, I don't think they ever stopped mind control experimentation. I do believe that there are those unfortunate people being subjected right now and I do think that some of the chaos in the world is a result of this. Do you really think that veterans are the only ones in danger?

www.fredericknewspost.com...

According to the veterans, the CIA "exposed thousands of test subjects to hundreds of toxic compounds over the course of many years," states the most recent court document filed in Vietnam Veterans of America v. Central Intelligence Agency.

The veterans claim they were part of experiments that involved psychochemicals, such as '___', nerve gas and mind control tactics. The veterans never gave informed consent and have not been compensated for health problems they now suffer, they claim.

"The case has been brought as a class action on behalf of all military personnel exposed to chemical and biological test experiments or mind control research," said Gordon Erspamer, an attorney for the veterans. "This includes, but is not limited to, those exposed at Fort Detrick and the Edgewood Arsenal."

To identify more potential plaintiffs, and to identify scientists and government officials involved in the experiments who could be called to testify, the veterans' attorneys have requested that the CIA, Army and Defense produce tens of thousands of pages of records.

The lawyers made their first records request 15 months ago, but they've received only about 16,000 pages -- a fraction of what they requested, they said. Much of the paperwork handed over to the lawyers was redacted, hiding the very names the lawyers sought, according to a recent court document they filed.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And this...

Criminal and Scientific Misconduct Involving Neural Prosthesis Research Funded by the NIH/NINDS/NPP and The Alfred E. Mann Foundation

The photos contained in this document are of microstimulator devices that were surgically recovered and
analyzed by using microscopy and by materials charcterization techniques. The recovered devices are an
exact match for the devices that were developed by research scientists Joseph Schulman, Gerald Loeb and
Philip Troyk under contract from the National Institutes of Health. There are about 4 contracts involved, but
the initial contract was #N01-NS5-2325 and funded by the NIH/NINDS/NPP.

Go to the link for details...

edit on 10/9/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: to fix tags

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There is truth to that. My dad served in the Army during the Viet Nam War and was ordered to walk through a forest towards a small community with some of his soldiers. He knew the place was covered in Agent Orange and had protective gear but the protective gear wasn't strong enough. He didn't know after he retired in the 60's that he had the agent in him.
I was his last child, born in 91 (think aobut, the guy was 63 yrs old!) If born by the gender they specified, then I'd have cancer because of agent orange.My skin color has an unusual yellow hew to it even though I'm full-white.

My dad tried to demand compensation for the contracted agent but they said that because he retired before
finding out about the agent in his system that it doesn't count. What a load of BS, the guy is over 90% disabled now.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And people deny that 9/11 could have been done by our own government?

Because the government has always been proven to be looking out for us.

I swear if people don't wake up soon, they deserve what they get.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have heard of this...and I actually came to ATS because of what I believed were experiments. But I knew that direct accusations wouldn't be taken seriously (look up my first or second thread from 2004/2005) so instead I waited (I also needed to learn a lot; sheltered for quite a bit in some circles).

The first link describes what I believe to be experiments done in the nineties and beyond...I am still experiencing them. The second link in my signature describes a much more advanced form of experimentation (pretty much my own research, experience and force of will)...

I am pleased to see this thread here and please excuse me for taking the opportunity to plug and perhaps lend credence to these claims. It's been a long decade.

And yeah...I am a civilian (meaning never even talked to a recruiter).

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
didn't clinton actually apologise in a speech over these tests? or was that just mkultra?

will try and find a link

found it, and it is mkultra he is apologising for so maybe this won't be used as evidence. i say this because he is only talking about experiments/tests done in and around the united states

and this is the transcript of the video

""Thousands of government-sponsored experiments did take place at hospitals, universities, and military bases around our nation. Some were unethical, not only by today's standards, but by the standards of the time in which they were conducted. They failed both the test of our national values, and the test of humanity. The United States of America offers a sincere apology to those of our citizens who were subjected to these experiments, to their families, and to their communities. When the government does wrong, we have a moral responsibility to admit it."

according to the you-tube video, this historic speech was made 3 hours before the verdict on OJ Simpson's trial was given, which gives a very good reason why most people never saw/heard this speech, or would have even remembered it

edit on 11-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: found missing video

edit on 11-9-2010 by DeadpoolPete because: to provide transcript of speech

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

this thread has a lot of merit.

i think mind control experiments extend further than military, though. not that people would be programmed to be aware of it. but i could be wrong, i suppose. maybe. i guess. perhaps.

msm = mental systems manipulation

-et

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In 1980 the CIA was sued by nine victims of Dr. Cameron's mind control research.

They were each awarded $100,000 in compensatory damages

(reference 6:38)

around 3:11 this video discusses aspects of the same subject.
some related info:

edit on 11-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add headlined text

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Only in America would you find a legal system that allows someone to sue the government after 40 - 60 years of mistreatment. Good luck doing this anywhere else.

Why didn't these guys sue in the 80's or 90's. Very simple, they would have lost. Everyone is a victim now, sue the bastards is the new battle cry.

Now here's the real kicker. Let's just say "they" win. It's a class action suit. Who gets the bulk of the money. Not the victims, but the lawyers. The victims will get free medical care from the VA...

Go ahead and flame away but this circle jerk needed a dose of reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I agree with you but are you saying they shouldn't have sued? A lawsuit lends credibility to the notion that our government is capable of this and I say go for it! At least these atrocities will get a little bit of visibility because of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The first link describes what I believe to be experiments done in the nineties and beyond...I am still experiencing them. The second link in my signature describes a much more advanced form of experimentation (pretty much my own research, experience and force of will)...

I am pleased to see this thread here and please excuse me for taking the opportunity to plug and perhaps lend credence to these claims. It's been a long decade.

And yeah...I am a civilian (meaning never even talked to a recruiter).

Wow, MS... are you saying you've been subjected as well? I do believe that our government is doing this and, if that's what you're saying, I am very sorry for your situation. Can you tell us more? If not, I certainly do understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Going to take me some time to look through all of this info, one of the better threads I have seen in a while.

Would these implants described have any relation to the UFO/ET hypothesis?

Intriguing.

Thanks OP.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Very interesting. I am curious where this ends up, if anywhere. I have personally sat in on a mind control experiment. Not a participant but an observer. My duty was to monitor the volunteer.

Not really but a cool story right?

I relate this to subliminal messages in commercials. There is a war on our minds (credit where credit is due; jones). I have embedded a short video on what I believe relates to this post. It is a more subtle and silent attack on our mind.

edit on 11-9-2010 by NeverApologize because: Additional content

edit on 11-9-2010 by NeverApologize because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Another example of what we humans are capable of. It doesn't take much of a leap of faith to go from animals to humans, now does it??? As the article says, this research COULD have broad application... the only thing standing in the way of applying this to a military or intelligence application is... ethics... Scary science, this is.

With Magnetic Nanoparticles, Scientists Remotely Control Neurons and Animal Behavior

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Clusters of heated, magnetic nanoparticles targeted to cell membranes can remotely control ion channels, neurons and even animal behavior, according to a paper published by University at Buffalo physicists in Nature Nanotechnology.

The research could have broad application, potentially resulting in innovative cancer treatments that remotely manipulate selected proteins or cells in specific tissues, or improved diabetes therapies that remotely stimulate pancreatic cells to release insulin.

The work also could be applied to the development of new therapies for some neurological disorders, which result from insufficient neuro-stimulation.

"We targeted the nanoparticles near what is the 'mouth' of the worms, called the amphid," explains Pralle. "You can see in the video that the worms are crawling around; once we turn on the magnetic field, which heats up the nanoparticles to 34 degrees Celsius, most of the worms reverse course. We could use this method to make them go back and forth. Now we need to find out which other behaviors can be controlled this way."

edit on 11/9/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

My ex BIL was exposed to agent orange, and my neice, his daughter - had rhabdomyocarcinoma.
While she was in the hospital, she was on a ward with other children with this horrible, often fatal disease.
The parents talked, and almost ALL of those children had a dad that was a Vietnam vet who KNEW he'd been exposed to the stuff.

In the 80s, when I was in the military, I SWEAR that we were subjected to sleep deprivation experiments. It is really the only explanation that I can think of! When we were 'selected' for a special kind of guard duty, we'd have to do days of 2 hours on, 2 hours off duty. The effect of that is that one could never really sleep. You'd go out and have to walk around and stuff, in full gear, then you would come back, have to sign in with your name, rank, social security number, take your gear off, try to sleep an hour and half if you could, in a room with higher ranking folks and a loud tv, folks going in and out, lights on....then get up, put on gear, sign IN, with name, rank, serial number,ect., go back out do your duty.

A lot of people would sleep in this one bathroom floor for an hour or so while ON duty. No one seemed to care - no one ever checked that you were actually up walking around guarding anything. What they DID seem to care about was torturing us for days on end making us DO that, and always, the signing in, signing out. I think, in retrospect, that was some sort of cognitive test of how our fine motor skills did under that sort of stress.

There's no reason if you really wanted something guarded well, you'd not have soldiers doing it that were alert.

A lot of us would end up really sick after those stints. Me? I don't sleep right to this DAY. I sleep 2 hours here, 2 hours there. I cannot seem to sleep more than a couple of hours straight. It was while I was in the army these crazy sleep patterns started.

This was NOT basic training or AIT. This was permanent duty. My section often got this duty. This same section often got another kind of duty, where we'd be locked in a small room monitoring equiptment for a week at a time. You would not see or talk to a SOUL for a week at a time, about once a month.

This section - all intelligent folks, I'd say, fairly high IQs, was also encouraged to live on the economy - and other than these things we were allowed to pretty much just live like 'normal' non-military folks.

Of the maybe 14 in my section, SEVERAL committed suicide or went off the deep end.
At the time, I was just young. Looking back, this crap was really weird.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ahhh, and what about this DARPA funded project? Incoding sensory data onto the cortex...

Remote Control of Brain Activity Using Ultrasound

To overcome the above limitations, my laboratory has engineered a novel technology which implements transcranial pulsed ultrasound to remotely and directly stimulate brain circuits without requiring surgery. Further, we have shown this ultrasonic neuromodulation approach confers a spatial resolution approximately five times greater than TMS and can exert its effects upon subcortical brain circuits deep within the brain.

A portion of our initial work has been supported by the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM) Army Research Laboratory (ARL) where we have been working to develop methods for encoding sensory data onto the cortex using pulsed ultrasound.

Through a recent grant made by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award Program, our research will begin undergoing the next phases of research and development aimed towards engineering future applications using this neurotechnology for our country’s warfighters. Here, we will continue exploring the influence of ultrasound on brain function and begin using transducer phased arrays to examine the influence of focused ultrasound on intact brain circuits. We will also be investigating the use of capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducers (CMUTs) for use in brain stimulation. Finally, to improve upon spatial resolution, we will examine the use of acoustic metamaterials and hyperlenses to study how subdiffraction limited ultrasound influences brain wave activity patterns.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Wow, MS... are you saying you've been subjected as well? I do believe that our government is doing this and, if that's what you're saying, I am very sorry for your situation. Can you tell us more? If not, I certainly do understand.

I meant to say that the first link in my signature is an amalgam of my personal experiences as well as some links and discussion. Long thread but to find my personal experiences it may be easier to just view all of my in thread posts prior to reading responses (they're littered throughout and most of the responses are quite supportive anyway)...

Remote Behavioural Influence...the really frustrating part is there is almost no way to pinpoint the cause...

edit on Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:18:48 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The silly part is believing this experimentation ever stopped.

DARPA working to develop helmets for US Army that control soldiers' brains

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Very interesting. I am curious where this ends up, if anywhere. I have personally sat in on a mind control experiment. Not a participant but an observer. My duty was to monitor the volunteer.

Not really but a cool story right?

Interesting...would you be at liberty to describe the experience?

If not, then understood...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

nope! i am a victem born 1971.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join