It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never forgetting doesn't mean acting like it's October 2001 forever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Of course we shouldn't forget 9/11. The people who did it, whoever you think they are, have not seen justice and faced what they have done.

What we should do, is treat 9/11 like the historic event it is, and not like a current event. It happened almost ten years ago. Young teenagers today don't even remember the era prior to 9/11.

We should not make the mistake of making September 11 our national tragedy and a part of what defines us as Americans.

Yes, it was very sad, yes, we shouldn't forget, but we don't need to keep acting like it happened yesterday either. Time moves on. When a nation holds a grudge, they can't recover. Look at the African American community today, how even despite decades of equality and 150 years of freedom, they still can't pull themselves up, because many of them (not all of them) still hold a grudge. Look at the Israelis, who can't trust anyone because they haven't been able to move on from what happened to them in Europe nearly a lifetime ago. Do we, Americans, want to be a victim to 9/11 forever?

To the people who actually lost family and friends in 9/11, they can grieve as long as they need to, but the fact is that makes up less than 0.1% of America's population.

Never forget, but never sulk either!!!

edit on 10-9-2010 by 19872012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, I will never forget 9/11. I watched it live knowing it was inside job, and that this spelled the end of liberty and democracy, and that the would be elite mobsters had overtly declared war on humanity. Also that they planned on another illegal war.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For crying out loud it's only one day a year that people are asked to make an effort to remember.
Is that too much to ask?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Do we, Americans, want to be a victim to 9/11 forever?

Taking a moment (one moment in time) on that day, to stop and remember what happened and why, is not victimization of a nation. Nor is it too much to ask to allow those who choose to continue to stop and remember, to do so without criticism.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just because you are able to move on and even begin to brush it off OP, many people simply cannot. The last thing I will ever do is forget 911. I think about it almost everyday even though I knew no-one personally. You may say I should move on, but I cannot. I simply care too much about that day and its shock-waves upon our country.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why did 9-11 have to happen?
Who built up the foundations for the events that occurred on 9-11?
How was 9-11 perpetrated?
Who made 343 firefighters collateral damage in a matter of minutes?

Until these questions are answered, the month is October and the year is 2001. Why? Because otherwise we didn't learn much. I don't want any generation to have to repeat such events. I don't want any generation to have to endure such events. Until the answers to the above questions exist unanimously, it may not be October 2001, but no matter the date, it may have more in common with September 2001.

firefighters cannot forget, and we shall always remember
what this world did to our kind on the eleventh of september

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I think I understand the context of what you are trying to say, and to that i can agree.
Im reminded of a line from an old poem, titled "How did you die?"

"You are beaten to earth? Well, well, what's that?
Come up with a smiling face!
It's nothing against you to fall down flat, But to lie there -- that's disgrace."

edit on 10-9-2010 by blood0fheroes because: alignment didnt work

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
9/11 was much much much more than just some 'historic event'...

9/11 was the day Americans were betrayed by those in whom they should be able to trust - their own government.

top topics

join