It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you handle ascension?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For those who believe in an "ascension" to a "fourth density" or whatever we choose to call it, how many of you have considered the implications of such a state?

I tend to think of it as being a state of heightened awareness resulting in an ability to directly choose the nature of my experience. As a small example, in an "ascended" state I would fully expect to be able, from where I'm sitting right now, to look at a random house in china. Doing so should not be significantly more difficult than looking over at the left side of my desk. For that matter, not only to be able to look at a house in china right now, but to be able to look at a house in china in 1400AD, or any other time I choose, and to look into the hearts and minds of the people in that house, and to personally experience their thoughts and emotions. All this is simply directing experience. Choosing from amidst the possibile experiences.

In fact, I would even up it one more, by suggesting that one should be able to look into and expererience what we here might call alternate realities. "Anything is possible" right? So this reality is merely one possibility. I tend to think of this thing we call "fourth density" as a state in which one can choose to observe those possibilities as we please.

But what are the implications of such a state?

Even here on earth, it's very likely that right now, someone is being raped and murdered. Would you be able to cope with seeing that? Knowing that experiencing it personally is no more than a thought away? And what happens when we throw in the time element? Nazi germany, the various world wars, the rape of nanking, the partition of india, tiananmen square...every rape and murder, every torture and genocide...all of these experiences and more are available. War in iraq seems so distant. The butchering of slaughterhouse cattle seems so far away. It's easy to go on with our daily lives because we don't see these realities. What will it be like when direct knowledge and experience of every horror, every atrocity ever committed over the entire history of mankind, past, present and future...is available simply by thinking about it?

Could you deal with that?

And that's merely here on earth. We're talking about infinite possibilities. No limitations. All experience is available. Entire civilizations being eaten alive. Entire galaxies being destroyed. Entire universes created solely for the purpose of torture and suffering.

Infinity leaves a lot of room to work with.

Would you be able to deal with that?

One might suggest simply not manifesting those realities. And yes, with choice, that becomes an option. But if observation is what turns possibility into reality, then how is choosing to not observe these possibilities different from seeing a murder take place and choosing to look away? And, even looking at the horrors available here on earth, is it such a stretch to think that many of the unpleasant possibilities amidst infinity are being made manifest by someone?

How will you deal with that?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
your ascension scenario sounds more
like remote viewing to me.

Is there a difference in the 2?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I suppose one never knows until one experiences it.

I have experienced it. It was both exhilirating and quite horrible, all at the same time. I chose to not go further for the time being, and retreated. I haven't finished with my spiritual maturation process, yet. on this current level.

Will I eventually advance and ascend further? No doubt at all, I will. When it's time.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think you answered it yourself:

But if observation is what turns possibility into reality, then how is choosing to not observe these possibilities different from seeing a murder take place and choosing to look away?

The fewer that choose to observe those realities, the less reality they have. They have no manifest reality whatsoever once noone chooses to observe them.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

your ascension scenario sounds more
like remote viewing to me.

Is there a difference in the 2?

As I understand it, when one performs remote viewing, one continues to perceive one's self as one's self. You don't "become" what you're viewing. In the scenario I'm describing, such distinctions don't really make sense.

I suppose if we want to put it into third density terms, "reality building" would be closer. But in the sense of all possibilities being available, I suppose one could liken the act of choosing amongst them as being similar to remote viewing. Except that by the act of viewing them, one makes them real. And one isn't "viewing" them so much as experiencing them first hand.

For example, imagine any hypothetical reality. For example, let's say that rabbits talk, earth has twelve moons and poison ivy became the dominant organism instead of humans. Whatever. Amidst an infinity of possibilities, anything is possible. Now imagine being able to think about any possibity, and cause it to be "real" simply by thinking about it.

That's more or less what I'm proposing.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I doubt primitive species like homo sapiens will be able to 'ascend' for a long time to come - if ever. And if/when we do, looking at houses in China - or even on Epsilon Eridani III - will be the very least of our interests.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

The fewer that choose to observe those realities, the
less reality they have. They have no manifest reality
whatsoever once noone chooses to observe them.

In my experience, there are an awful lot of people who, when driving past an accident, must look.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I thought "ascension" was the idea that you increased the vibration of your own body to the point that it exited this world and wound up in the hereafter (term used loosely). If it's good enough for Jesus, Mohammed and his horse, and Ramtha, it's good enough for me. Sounds like a plan.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

In my experience, there are an awful lot of people who, when driving past an accident, must look.

True enough. Just a month ago or so, I was picking up my girlfriend's mother from the airport. The road my gf and I took there was being repaved and some of the lanes were closed to our left for the construction. There was an old man who drove his car straight into the still-wet concrete. It was sunken-in a good 6 to 8 inches. I wish I had a camera for that one.

But anyway, I didn't manifest this incident; the participants themselves did a fine job. It never would have crossed my mind otherwise.

edit on 9/10/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I thought "ascension" was the idea that you increased the vibration of your own body to the point that it exited this world and wound up in the hereafter (term used loosely).

Ok, but then what? What happens after you've raised your vibration and you're in the thereafter? What will that be like?

If it's good enough for Jesus, Mohammed and his
horse, and Ramtha, it's good enough for me.

If you put too much energy into a vessel that's unable to accomodate it, it tends to disintegrate. Raising one's vibration is essentially adding energy.

Will your consciousness be able to accomodate the energy density that Jesus, Mohammad, etc. have?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

an old man who drove his car straight into the still-wet concrete.

I didn't manifest this incident; the participants
themselves did a fine job.

This is an excellent example. Though no intention of your own, you became aware of a car accident. Will you still be wishing for a camera when, amidst infinity, you become aware of consciousnesses manifesting, not merely car accidents, but, for example, entire planetary civilizations being tortured and eaten alive?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I suppose, under the conditions you set forth, I might be aware of that as well as being aware of civilizations that flourish in peace. I'd like to have my camera handy then as well. It seems that with all possible choices before you, you would be attracted to observing what truely resonates with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ok, but then what? What happens after you've raised your vibration and you're in the thereafter? What will that be like?

It will be just like if you had died, but you didn't need to go through the process, kind of like a Get out of Jail free card.

If you put too much energy into a vessel that's unable to accomodate it, it tends to disintegrate. Raising one's vibration is essentially adding energy.

Will your consciousness be able to accomodate the energy density that Jesus, Mohammad, etc. have?

And Mohammad's horse. Don't forget the horse. Actually I do not feel that Mohammad, his horse, or Ramtha, were more developed than anyone else. Both these guys were generals who were responsible for the deaths of thousands. (I'm just accepting the stories at face value here, of course.) I don't see that as something that leads to enlightenment. If they DID ascend, then they learned the trick. That's all. You're setting up a straw man argument here assuming additional energy will lead to disintegration. I see no evidence of that. I'm not at all worried about my consciousness disintegrating--ever. I don't think anyone should fear that any more than they should fear walking to the edge of the Earth and falling off.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

I suppose if we want to put it into third density terms, "reality building" would be closer. But in the sense of all possibilities being available, I suppose one could liken the act of choosing amongst them as being similar to remote viewing. Except that by the act of viewing them, one makes them real. And one isn't "viewing" them so much as experiencing them first hand.

Sounds a lot like lucid dreaming.
So, can we be in a dream right now?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Great thread.

Isn't this why we practice observation, and acceptance, rather then judgement, and fear? I always thought it is the aspect of fear and judgement that creates hell for the mind of the observer.

Best thread i have seen in a while.

edit on 10-9-2010 by onequestion because: Why not?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You're setting up a straw man argument here assuming
additional energy will lead to disintegration.

No, I was giving you a metaphor.

Here's another one: By gaining knowledge of nuclear forces, we gained both the ability to power our cities as well as the power to destroy ourselves. We, as a race, apparently were wise enough to gain this power and not destroy ourselves. We might not have been. Asking in 1941 whether we would be capable of dealing with the knowledge of nuclear power would have been a valid question.

I'm saying now, that with ascension will likely come with knowledge that will also have consequences. I've described these in previous posts. And I'm asking if you'll be able to cope with those consequences.

I'm not at all worried about my
consciousness disintegrating--ever.

Nor am I suggesting you should be.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Best thread i have seen in a while.

Thank you. It was inspired by some recent threads about how horrible 911 was, and how traumatized people apparently still are after 9 years. It just seemed to me that if people can't deal with 3000 total strangers dying in a place they've never been, how will people cope with an ascension scenario in which imagination instantly becomes reality?

Think of theatre. Just about everyone dies in Hamlet. But there are people who enjoy Hamlet. Think about movies. There are people who like zombie movies. Yet, people get eaten alive and mangled and torn to pieces in zombie movies.

What will it be like when reality is our canvas instead of stage and film?

Isn't this why we practice observation, and acceptance,
rather then judgement, and fear?

I feel inclined to say yes. I might not enjoy Hamlet, but I don't feel that actors who perform it are vile, evil spawns of darkness fit only for righteous destruction. There may come a time when we may look upon such things as the total annihilation of entire races and think simply, "Wow. Nicely done."

There's a traditional notion in fiction that there is a "secret" which if known, would drive men mad.

How will people cope if it turns out that every horror, every tragedy...every pain, rape, misery and death, every murdered child, every human eaten alive, whether by sharks or psycopaths...turns out to be merely an art project of our collective consciousness?

edit on 10-9-2010 by LordBucket because: speling and grammar is both awesome

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No, I was giving you a metaphor.

No, you were giving me a straw man argument. That's not like any definition of metaphor I've ever heard in my life.

metaphor: 1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our god.” 2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

You were suggesting that "ascension" adds energy to an object (to increase its vibration). I'm with you there. That's certainly my understanding of ascension, like stepping on the gas to make a car go faster (Now THAT'S a metaphor!) Where the straw man comes in is your assertion that doing so tends to disintegrate it. There's no evidence of that whatsoever. This is not at all symbolic. You've set this idea up to suggest our souls (or something) may not be able to handle it. Indeed, that's your central question.

Now if you had something like "adding energy to a system tends to increase its vibration, like boiling water changes its state to steam" THAT is a metaphor.

I'm saying now, that with ascension will likely come with knowledge that will also have consequences. I've described these in previous posts. And I'm asking if you'll be able to cope with those consequences.

In other words, you are starting in the middle. I don't see how anyone could be expected to know what you have previously posted. Game over for me. This is not an issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm done "gawking" at people throwing themselves out of windows or about to be turned into puree by a falling skyscaper, that is all.

One thing I've found for myself in lucid dreams, is much like there's a difference between thinking about moving a finger and actually doing do, is there's also a similar difference between pondering something abstractly and manifesting it. It doesn't manifest until I actually decide to manifest it.

I see everything here as just based in the law of attraction. Whatever comes about in that realm, it is merely me facing myself.

Some might say I'm here because I was a sort of rubbernecker from the higher realms.

edit on 9/10/2010 by EnlightenUp because: whee

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I don't see how anyone could be expected
to know what you have previously posted.

...reading the first post of this thread in its entirety before replying would have been a good start.

Game over for me. This is not an issue.

Yes, I think this thread was not intended for you. You might also want to read up on how to use the BB Code quote tag, as from your posts I think you haven't quite figured that out yet either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join