It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD 'army' for protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

NYPD 'army' for protests

www.nypost.com

The NYPD has called up "an army of cops" to handle rival protests expected to draw thousands to the site of the planned Ground Zero mosque on the anniversary of 9/11, sources said yesterday.

"We want to keep everyone in their corners. You don't want the opposing sides to clash," an NYPD official told The Post. "All eyes are going to be on New York City that day. No one wants to see a fight on Sept. 11."

With as many as 4,000 riled-up demonstrators expected ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
While I am relieved to see that there is a sufficient alert to the potential disatrous event, I fear for the lives of many.

Have not the families that were impacted by that terrible fateful day of 9/11 suffered enough already? Have not our Officers, our Firefighters, already paid the price to service and protect?

I really hope that everyone involved will be respectful, calm, and show that they value human life.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Makes sense really.

As long as they're still allowed to protest and let their voices be heard, regardless of what they believe about 9/11.

It would just be a tragic farce if violent clashes resulted instead.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This pointless fabricated religious/racial controversy is furthering their public roll-out of the police state.

surprise surprise

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You know what man... this really sucks!
People are pathetic!

This is the equivalent as dancing on someone's tombstone on the day of their death anniversary.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well I bet American flags burn bibles burn and a whole bunch of the koran . Just my .02 Ther oly reason they don't burn bibles in many of eastern countries is because they are not legal to get. So the Old Glory will have to do for them

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah I could not agree more...
It is tragic...

As if the events of 9/11 and the lives lost were not enough horror, pain and suffering?
I dont think either side should be engaged in this on this day.

new topics

top topics

join