It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New N.Kroean billboards raises eyebrows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It may mean nothing, but North Korea is setting up billboards all over the place about 'Historic up comming event' Check out the artice, linked below.
N.Korea Yahoo news

Giant billboards herald the event, appealing to North Koreans to protect their country "even if we give our lives." The posters show an armed soldier and peasant worker, surrounded by balloons and a glowing hammer-and-sickle.

So what do you all think? I dont want to lead the discussion but I think that this is just for show, but you can never be to sure with Best Korea.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Best Korea lol. Well, I think they are gearing up for war based on those billboards, what they are teaching in their schools, and the media blackout. It seems to me this media blackout is to shut out the west from their war talk, to keep the element of surprise. I just can't think of any other logical reason for all the secrecy.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think that they about to pass on the baton to the newest Little Kimmy.

We'll have to see if he can keep up with the escapades of his father.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Have you ever seen is class field trip picture? He was wearing galoshes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Pictures would be nice, but it's probably not possible seeing as its North Korea.
Imagine if the USA had billboards like that.
The MSM would have a field day.

(Maybe N.Korea is preparing for something that we don't know about, with all the Qu'ran burning and crap)

Ugh....we are so distracted.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The big event is the new leader, Jong-un.

links
Jong-un Most Likely

Jong-un Rising To Power

World Waits for Unveiling of N. Korean Heir Apparent

This will either be good or bad for N. Korea. Chances are: the concentration camps will remain. The starvation of millions will continue. And the communist nation of N. Korea will remain a secret nation.

edit on 10-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm looking for photos of the billboards, and so far not so good. I'm not shocked by this, but from the discription is sounds like standard 1950esq fare. If I find something I'll let you know. As for the announcemnt, I know that little kim is comming to power, I'm wondering if they will try to open up, or do some thing with the military just to show they are 'stable' to the rest of the world. I also wonder what china will be trying to do. As they own alot of our debt they are in a great position against us, and they seem to hold N.Koreas leash in some matters. I've always figured that china was helping to keep north korea as is to show how bad they are and how good and progressive China is.

join