It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing makes me cry, this did..and still does.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

What sad is people gave him stars as well for that response. that day showed how truly evil man can be when it comes to greed and power. I bet they are secretly now having psychiatrists coming to their homes and trying to supress the guilty conscience. It was said that LBJ did this as well and he blabbered about the JFK assination.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

3000 died that day and 4000 jews were saved that day. Ain't that a load of crock?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

3000 people lost their lives in the towers - need I say more.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thank you OP - have always loved Enya but had not seen this video until now.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
9/11 was shocking, terrible, and left people grieving even in other countries.

It worked just as planned, shocking people out of their live-and-let-live attitude and leaving them emotionally bruised and angry, ready to be manipulated into supporting unrelated wars.

3000+ people killed by traitors co-operating with Mossad to shock and stun America is a tragedy. But it's not nearly as big a tragedy as the millions of lives ruined by American aggression since.

I grieve for Fallujah.
I grieve for all the children growing up in savagely ruined societies, their world contaminated with depleted uranium dust.
I grieve for Iran, being painted as the next target by Americans afraid of what Iran's Oil Bourse will do to the value of the $USD.
And I grieve for the victims of the next false flag attack, designed to coax us into yet another exercise in mass-murder menadaceously called war.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

1stly Yep I cried!

2ndly I really shouldn't cry because the victims were human shields for companies that produce[d] weapons and or weapon systems for the United States etc!....

List of tenants in One World Trade Center [wiki]

65(floor) Boeing Aviation Technical Services

List of tenants in Two World Trade Center [wiki]

91(floor) Raytheon Company

Personal Disclosure: I totally agree with LordBucket's dispassionate point of view, although I would argue with that members choice of tragedy [OL puts up Chernobyl and Bhopal as other choices...but hey its all bad and...] none of that dispells LB's argument... although not so much for those who were Nuked... let's have a look 64 years later! [funstufftosee.com] So yes! A dispassionate insight is very important.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I makes me sad/ angry because at the time I was a fire fighter. I still to this day cannot fully watch footage. The droves of normals that died didn't bother me as much as watching my brothers push their way up into certain doom...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I really hope that you let slip to someone in real life how you feel today. and get a thourough ass kicking. or worse.

edit on Sat Sep 11 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I don't necessarily agree with all of Lord Buckets response...but he is entitled to it as much as anyone else in this thread, if you can't dismiss or refute that opinion without having to resort to threatening or hoping for use of violence against him to silence that opinion then you are far more in the wrong than he imo...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I wish I can be surprised at the responses to LordBucket's little question. But unfortunately I knew it would rub people in all the wrong ways. Now a majority of the replies are along the lines of "You must be a psychopath", "Someone should kick your ass", or my favorite ones: "THIS IS WHY (show example), THIS IS WHY (other example), WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?".

The context of the question made perfect sense to me. The inclusion of the statue of liberty as a symbol of freedom could've having been destroyed instead of two "office buildings" further demonstrated the reasoning behind LordBucket's question. It's not trolling. It's not in itself an inflammatory question. But because it goes against the majority accepted views on the terror attacks on 9-11, it's targeted with hatred and arrogance and it's poster insulted.

The go-to answer is so emphatically being posted that at this point it seems only three or four people actually answered the question without the mention of the number of deaths, death in general, or attacking LordBucket. We all know over 3000 innocent lives were lost. We all know of the images of those people who had no choice but to make leaps from fatal heights. We've all heard the numerous recordings of emergency calls from people who were convinced that they were soon to be dead. And we all know that those posts are so emotionally charged that they would get more stars then LordBucket's posts, even if the points presented were logically sound.

Do yourselves all a favor and remove the deaths from the equation, because LordBucket is right. People die every day. Innocent lives are lost every day. Human suffering from evil acts by other humans occur everyday. And no one gets so emotionally charged about as they do about two office buildings getting destroyed.

Answer the question logically, as to why one is emotionally hurt over this. If you can't do so, then what business do you have on a website that touts "deny ignorance" as it's motto? Challenge yourselves folks. On this anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11th, when a couple of religious extremists wished to destroy two office buildings, as well as the Pentagon, and other possible targets, why are you hurt?

And spare the finger pointing. I watched the video, I felt something. I'm not "re-asking" this question because I'm trying to figure out if I'm a functioning human being. I'm asking for responses.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Agree or disagree with sentiments voiced here, that's your prerogative. Let's keep it civil, people.

The topic is heart-wrenching enough without adding other animosities to it. Personal attacks stay out of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Someone mentioned in a earlier post about "the manipulation" of americans after the attacks and thereby creating an environment allowing the Iraq war. I don't think so. I do not see any referendum for the Iraq war, it all transpired by politics on both sides of the Atlantic and the United Nations Security Council. To their credit many americans protested against the war, before and ongoing as did many in Europe. I would allow for same politics as being misinformed by secret services with their own agendas though. The towers as a symbol? they could well have been, Spirit of free enterprise and the pursuit of happiness, Spirit of globalized capitalism..possibly. One thing is for sure, the towers were targeted, so they did mean something to somebody. The statue of liberty was a anachronism before the towers destruction, and even more so now. Of course people die every day in some form or another, accidents, disease, manmade disease, stupidity. That does not harden me to the reality of death, deliberate or otherwise. Another thing, is that military, paramilitary, and terrorists all use the bean count exercise, which always ensures that the biggest casualties are the ordinary 9 to 5's.. but then we all know that anyway. My condolences to the relatives on this anniversary day, and to add in edit, this post is not intended as a reply to seagull.

edit on 11-9-2010 by smurfy because: Post is not in reply to seagull, plus condolences.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
About 30 000 kids die of hunger every day, and yet, the media has manipulated, controlled our thoughts... Any sane man or woman that reads and understands this, will realize that there are bigger issues at hand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join