It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing makes me cry, this did..and still does.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The planes hitting the towers .. i would have swallowed the story
but both towers falling down shortly after the hit ... IMPOSSIBLE

from your youtube video pause at exactly 1:57
you will see a window puffing out (obvious sign of internal bomb explosion)

lets cry that we were lied to the real facts .. everything was planned for a semi perfect false flag
i would have beleive the official story if both towers didnt fall down

this false flag was the reasons to start wars in the ME
mossad did it with the help of certain rogue CIA agents
and certain rogue official goverment

the 3000 that died this day .. were only expendable to the rogue agents who commited this crime against humanity... who really gave the green light for this operation .. ?????
they have died for nothing ... for what .. wars with other crimes ... this false flag was planned by EVIL
maybe the rogue Bin laden had a small place .. he is a traitor to his fellow muslim brothers and sisters

the 9/11 was a sad event RIP for all the innocents ..
it was a proof that Evil do exist

edit on 9/10/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have to disagree that if you didn't feel sadness on 9/11, that makes you a sociopath or psycho. Let me ask you - did you feel personal sadness when Haiti, or the floods in Pakistan happened, or the tsunami in Indonesia?

I didn't really feel sadness when 9/11 happened because I was only 11 years old, but in later years, I've found myself horrified at what happened then, especially the "jumpers". But if you felt no emotion when 9/11 happened, and didn't know anyone who died there, I don't think that makes you heartless. Some people are just affected by things more than others.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I apologize for asking, but...why?

This is a serious question. Why does it hurt? I mean...if somebody blew up the statue of liberty, there would history lost. There would be a symbolism of freedom under attack. I can understand an emotional attachment to the idea of freedom, so an attack on a symbol of freedom might be significant. But so far as I know the towers weren't associated with anything emotionally charged. They weren't built as a memorial or testament to anything.

They were basically a couple of office buildings.

Why was their destruction an emotional event?

If you lost family or friends you would understand, a building is just that a building, but lives were lost and families were shattered that day.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Well, first off you would have to be old enough to understand the magnitude of what was happening. Then you would have to be familiar enough with the area and similar buildings to understand the severity and magnitude. Then, you would have to be familiar enough to understand the amount of people. Then you would have to be watching it closely enough to realize those were people and not just debris falling from the building.

If you satisfy all of those requirements and you still feel nothing, then you are certainly sociopathic on some level. Maybe you don't require incarceration or medication, but you need to get some help.

I am not a very emotional guy, but when I watched videos of bodies drifting to and fro in the aftermath in Indonesia, I thought of my own kids, and I got emotional. When I read about bodies of kids being stacked in the street outside a school house in Haiti, I got very emotional and fighting mad.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Your *SNIP* kiddin me right?

Mod-Note: Profanity Removed.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Before i hit the post button,I had to go check outside to see if hell froze over.
Why??
I can see your point.

This is a logic vs emotion argument.

I think your wording might come across as insensitive but I actually do see your point.

While i do sympathize with the people who lost loved ones,I do see that you are coming at this logically and not emotionally like alot of other posters in this thread.

When you look at the numbers of people who die in other ways like car accidents etc,you do have a point and it does make sense from a logical stance...from an emotional stance I would say those references are a completely different ballgame.
911 tugs at heartstrings...a car accident happens everyday so more people won't be sensitive to that.

To the person who said this was the most important thing in history,look at the holocaust and Japan having been nuked and answer me why those don't matter as much as 911 does to you.
Is it because they weren't American??

I sympathize with the families of 911 AND with the families in Afghanistan AND with the families in Iraq who have all lost loved ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't get to see videos (dialup); but, if the picture on page 1 is from the video, then this post is on topic.

For the first 24-36 hours of 911 I was online, counseling a child who lived across the street (within view) of 911. The first thing he asked was if the "Japs" were attacking. I figure he'd watched too many WW2 movies with his Dad. He was hysterical. After calming him down, he finally got to the part that bothered him the most.

His parents both worked in the towers (janitors or something like that I think) and he had SEEN people jumping out of the building. As hours went by, and his parents still didn't come home ... I began to know his child's intuition was probably correct. They wouldn't be coming home. They never did.

Anyway, he kept saying he thought his parents jumped. How he SAW people jump. Later, he saw and heard it on the news. He wanted to go look for his parents.

As night grew in, he kept saying about it being "just like hell". He said there was "fire everywhere", and smoke. Over and over he'd mention the hellish scenario ... and how he just knew his parents had 'jumped.'

So, to the OP, yes, sad video, but it's much sadder for people like that child who had to grow up with that hellish memory.

edit on 10/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: typo + sentence structure

edit on 10/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: more typo

edit on 10/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: grrr editing dropped a paragraph separation line

edit on 10/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: verb tense

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As callus as I may be to mans inhumanity to man. It isn't the video that gets me, as much as it is the song.
The song is a masterpiece of audio-emotion.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

You think its all good to cry, So me im from Poland and i cry 2
I started my truther battle for this dude exactly 8 years ago picture you the stress its unbelievable

R.I.P to everybody that die that day i will never forget.and will keep on fighting for them.

edit on 10-9-2010 by knowneedtoknow because: Had to add the 2nd video sorry it hard on feelings

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I dont think the argument is about life lost, or the oversensitivity to it, or over reaction.
I dont think it's about being hard or callous either.
Death will find us all, there's no escaping it.
Dying in a car accident, or a natural disaster, or an electrical house fire, or for that matter any type of accident is still a terrible thing, and to empathize with that loss from each and every perspective is valid.
Someone, somewhere went through that immediate unprepared for pain and suffering and died, and those close to them felt the associated pain of that loss.
We will all, each and everyone of us, experience this condition, from both sides of that coin, sooner or later, and no doubt several times at that.
An unplanned tragic ending, an unforeseen terrible loss, some with closure, some with no closure ever.

But a planned event, a nationally televised, syncronized on cue, known about, planned sacrifice,
beamed into every viewing eyes home, is going to have a greater mental and emotional impact, simply because of the dose of information, the level of intensity in which it was delivered, and the continued follow up regenerated stories and their effect as well.
This planned event had a purpose and a payoff,
there is no denying that this event was planned, there are people the reported guilty parties, and there are the conspiratorial alluded to guilty parties,
yet there has been no closure, it is designed to have, no closure.
This event, this sacrifice, took with it, logic, happiness, pride, peace of mind, trust, growth, and unity,
and delivered only confusion, distrust, suspicion, war, threat levels, division and a constant state of fear and apathy.
There are alot of events to be talked about throughout time, but talking only on this event,
this well planned, questionably answered event,
this designed sacrifice of life, talking about it and what it took with it, was not only life, but a way of life.
It is revealed in the way we talk about it, and how we talk to eachother.
I think we can respect ourselves a little more.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ive seen this video before, i viewed it for the first time in a public place not long after the actual event ( maybe a year after)

i must say ive seem other tributes to 9/11 however the thing that sets this one apart is the music, without which the emotional impact would be far more minimal. Not to say that the event itself does not stir up emotion, however what i am trying to point out is that without the music it loses its emotional effect. That should tell you something about music

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It was the WORLD TRADE CENTER. It was a symbol of WORLD TRADE. It was a symbol of America's economic might, and our place in the world.

It was the tallest building on earth when built. Again, very symbolic.

It dominated the Manhattan skyline for decades. It was instantly recognized as a symbol of New York, and America.

That you can't understand this is baffling to me. Perhaps you are very young, or very dense.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just my opinion, but, I think why the twin towers event has had such a strong effect on so many people is because an act of war.. whether government sanctioned or not... happened outside of the arenas we are used to seeing war actions.. right on our safe, homey front steps.. so to speak.

With the U.S. never being attacked before, except Pearl Harbour which is not mainland USA, it makes sense that many were completely in shock from what was televised. I'm an Australian and spent three days sick on my sofa crying for the lost family members in the buildings.

Although I must say seeing the footage now does not have the same effect on me. Back then it did because of the loss, and, more importantly, because I knew it signified the next step in global madness for our world.. and that my friends is the truly sad thing for humanity that we can so easily be manipulated into such Reaction.

No better here when our government needed enough support to join the Reactionary Effort in the middle east and 30 or so Aussies had to die in Bali for enough Aussies to want Blood in return.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Same here man, so many innocent lives lost for the stupidest reasons. Makes me sick.

What makes me feel more sick is that the government would do this to their people.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
9/11 = so many innocent lives lost
Hiroshima atom bomb, 6 August 1945 = so many innocent lives lost
Nagasaki, atom bomb, 9 August 1945 = so many innocent lives lost

So many more innocent lives lost on the hands of all of humanity. We really need to start taking a look at how we all need to change our ways. How we need to have compassion in our lives,understanding and love. How we need to unit as a WORLD, as HUMAN BEINGS. When are we going to wake up?

We need to move forward now from these events and make sure that we as human beings stop dividing ourselves and killing each other!

ENOUGH FIGHTING!

You know what makes me cry, being human and understanding how humanity should be living, and seeing how each day peace for all mankind slowly slips away.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In reply to "Bouquet" who is the royal "We" a nation state, a flag, a poem? did you see any flag wavers of any sort in the twin towers, I don't think so. By default, the 2001 attacks were a soft target by whomever, on people going about their everyday lives in a place of work. So, what uplifting of the human worldy spirit do you see since 9/11 ? I see none, in fact the opposite. The OP is right to feel sad in his/ her own right, it's part of the human condition. So far, the Statue Of Liberty, and the White House are still standing ??

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

I apologize for asking, but...why?

Why was their destruction an emotional event?

Really? You can't figure out why some one might be upset or hurt? You can't figure out why it would cause pain to think of the 3,000 innocent people who were murdered? You do not understand why it is a heartbreaking thing to imagine those people who jumped 90 stories because their only two options were staying in the building facing certain death, or jumping and hoping for a miracle?

You really don't know?

Forget all the conspiracies. Forget them. 3,000 innocent men women and children... all dead.... needlessly... That's why it is angering. That is why it hurts. It is a deep wound for anyone with a conscience. A wound that will not heal for a very long time... If ever....

That is why. Now you don't have to ask ever again.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

3,000 innocent men women and children... all dead.... needlessly... That's why it is angering. That is why it hurts.

If you really believe that, I think you're being dishonest with yourself. Here's another 3000 innocent civilians dead. Does that make you angry? No? Ok, here are 100,000 innocent civilians killed. Does that make you hurt in the same way?

Here is hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians executed by soldiers, and a million more who died slowly from starvation and disease while they languished in Cambodian deathcamps, complete with pictures of the bones of dead children, second picture down on the right.

Looking through this do you feel the same anger you do over 911?

No? Then don't try to delude yourself into thinking that your emotion comes from how "horrible" is it that such a large number as 3000 people died in new york.

If somebody had the honesty to come right out and say "it makes me angry because we matter and they don't" I think I could accept that. If somebody just had the ability to look at themselves and tell me "yeah, 3000 deaths was pretty insignificant on the grander scheme of things, but they were americans who died, and who cares about anyone else?" Or if people could admit that it scares them because it made them realize that they're not as safe as they thought they were, that would be totally fine.

But to say that these particular 3000 deaths make you angry, because 3000 deaths is some fantastically large number that makes it an especially horrible tragedy...when over twice as many people day every year from something as stupidly mundane as taking aspirin is either outright delusional or massively lacking in perspective.

I may be insensitive, but unless you have some personal connection to the event, for example, you personally knew someone who died...the only ways I can see to justify still being angry over 911 are either through some sort of "us vs them" mentality, or simply by having such myopic vision as to be totally out of touch with the world.

"3000 people died! Oh no!!!!"

150,000 people die EVERY SINGLE DAY. Roughly 9600 of them are americans. That means that about every 8 hours as many americans die as died in those attacks, and worldwide, 9-11 happens every thirty minutes.

If 3000 people dying nine years ago really bothers you, how can you function in daily life?

edit on 10-9-2010 by LordBucket because: numbers

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It should be considered, that those towers were a very important symbol. They represented the American global power of commerce . I believe that is why they were targeted.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hmm, I think humans are emotionally attached to 911 because of the insanity of it all. Humans killing humans. Im sure that every event in history that has resulted in human beings being killed by other human beings is emotional to anyone who is in touch with their feelings and understands loose of life prematurely by the hands of another humans, or in fact any occurrence of a premature death is emotionally upsetting knowing the person or not.

Thousands die everyday of natural causes, and of course a human being has to accept this as part of the life and death cycle of exsistance, but it is when a life is taken with the intent of killing their own kind this is when a human sees the madness in humanities evolution and hopefully a human being can feel compassion and emotions from events like these and they will feel anger, confusion, guilt, compassion, they will be upset because being on this Earth and being a witness to such monstrosities that happen when life could be so loving and peaceful, a human being starts to question life and whether it is worth actually living. DO we as humans deserve to be on planet Earth, look how we treat it and each other!

If we do not have compassion and emotional responses after such events then how can we call ourselves HU (divine) man beings! If we dont then maybe its time mother Earth wipes humanity out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join