It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Intelligence Agency Buys Out "Dark Heart" to Protect National Security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mods - before you move this thread over to the 9/11 section, I put it here for a reason:

Just reading this story really makes me mad. So the Defense Dept. is planning to use OUR TAX DOLLARS to cover themselves?

Specifically, the DIA wanted references to a meeting between Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, the book's author, and the executive director of the 9/11 Commission, Philip Zelikow, removed. In that meeting, which took place in Afghanistan, Shaffer alleges the commission was told about "Able Danger" and the identification of Atta before the attacks. No mention of this was made in the final 9/11 report.

In a highly unusual move, the DIA is now negotiating with the publisher, St. Martin's Press, to buy all 10,000 copies of the first printing of the book to keep it off shelves -- even after the U.S. Army had cleared the book for release.

Fox News

So let me get this strait: Egg on your face for knowing who Atta was and doing nothing about it is suddenly a "national security matter"?

My arse! This is bogus. We have bureaucrats in Washington using our tax dollars to cover their own butts... I'm so sick of this crap.

edit on 10-9-2010 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope the publisher stands its ground and refuses. I want a copy of that book.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't see what makes you think it should be moved.... but if you want to be certain it wont make a political argument regarding the OP....

Meanwhile ... there is another thread on this topic elsewhere ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

check it out.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Maxmars because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Just reading this story really makes me mad. So the Defense Dept. is planning to use OUR TAX DOLLARS to cover themselves?

So let me get this strait: Egg on your face for knowing who Atta was and doing nothing about it is suddenly a "national security matter"?

My arse! This is bogus. We have bureaucrats in Washington using our tax dollars to cover their own butts... I'm so sick of this crap.

it isn't the first time these cronies have used our tax dollars to
cover their @$$ and it surely wont be the last.

Our gov is not a political entity any longer,
they are the mafia and have been for quite
some time. And that's going to cause the
downfall of this republic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
the book also mentions Project Able Danger.

Also note: The US Army cleared this book
for publication before the DIA stepped in.
I guess DIA left the US Army out of the loop.
The book was written by a military officer.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I saw the other thread but it was posted awhile ago.

I've seen this before, but not quite to this level. While the relative "sacrafice" is much smaller - the symbolism is so much bigger.

We're BUYING up books to keep the image that they'd portray out of the mainstream public?

Seriously???

So it's ok to release photos of Abu Garab, it's ok to publish statistics of our interrogations of captives... it's even ok to "leak" documents and videos from the war...

But it's NOT OK to let an Army approved book hit the book shelves?

Wow.... just wow.

new topics

top topics

join