It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran burning on again? Pastor says maybe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Quran burning on again? Pastor says maybe

www.msnbc.msn.com

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The Florida pastor whose plan to burn Qurans on Sept. 11 generated worldwide outrage among Muslims and pressure by the U.S. government to relent said late Thursday that he might not call off the protest after all.

Pastor Terry Jones told NBC News that "we are a little back to square one" after a supposed deal involving a proposed Islamic cultural center in New York evaporated.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So apparently the pastor is saying that the protest is only suspended, not cancelled. He feels like he was lied to about the ground zero mosque and if they go through with plans to build it, he'll go through with his quran burning.

This guy is a complete psycho. I understand his feelings of hatred to the supposed perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, but doing something that has the capability of unifying radical muslims just like 9/11 itself unified Americans, is pure lunacy.

If he is so passionate about this, let him pick up a weapon and march his butt over to Afghanistan and defend this nation instead of organizing a protest that might endanger our men and women in uniform.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/10/2010 by KILL_DOGG because: ?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
People just need to ignore him. He's getting what he wants because people are paying attention to him but if nobody does then he may still burn the books, but nobody will actually care!

Its not worth worrying about or getting angry over because at the end of the day this man is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Someone should remind this guy what Jesus said about turning cheeks and not being a total jerk.

Either that, or someone should slap his face until he stops making a mockery of all religions involved.

They do that well enough without his stupid NAZI-BOOK-BURNING publicity stunt.

Wish I had the guy's phone number so I could tell him what a loser he is being in the eyes of his lord.

Oh well...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In ancient Persia there was a belief that God existed. BUT (big but) religious people were looked upon as little crazy ignorant buggers who pretended to know what God said or wanted.

Science thrived back then, along with freedom. Even for the religious, after all, they needed social care most.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Fair enough comments guys

but on the other hand people shouldnt threaten to murder people cos someone burnt a stupid damn book, thats some seriously messed up stuff if you think that, in fact its evil

whats worse than burning a book ? taking a human life

they are all hypocrites, its just an excuse to murder some westerners that most probably dont know about or have nothing to do with the crazed nutjob pastor

but i do agree that he has every right ro burn it if he wants, no-one should stop him forcefully, its called freedom

edit on 10/9/10 by Smiler74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This guy got jerked around by the New York mosque people...

Further proof that terrorism works and youre all afraid of them...

In no way do i support book burning; but we are a nation of laws...Our laws say that he can burn a book or a doormat or some brush in his lawn and theres nothing you can do to stop him. I saw a documentary on the History channel the other night about the neo nazi organizations and they regularly hold book burnings that include holy books...Want to be mad about something? Try being mad at something legitimate!

Stop giving power to the radical islamists. Put Southpark back on, draw cartoons and observe your right to do so!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smiler74

but on the other hand people shouldnt threaten to murder people cos someone burnt a stupid damn book, thats some seriously messed up stuff if you think that, in fact its evil

they are all hypocrites, its just an excuse to murder some westerners that most probably dont know about or have nothing to do with the crazed nutjob pastor

but i do agree that he has every right ro burn it if he wants, no-one should stop him forcefully, its called freedom

I agree whole heartedly with your comments. The problem is that common sense is not in huge supply with radicals that might use this as an enlistment drive for more psychos willing to blow themselves up.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

I agree whole heartedly with your comments. The problem is that common sense is not in huge supply with radicals that might use this as an enlistment drive for more psychos willing to blow themselves up.

yeah well if they do then they are just proving even more to the world that they are mindless physchopathic killers and the world community will be even more against Islam that is now

if they retaliate they will just shoot themselves in the foot as one day enough will be enough (Islams actions will be its own undoing one day mark my words!)

if they retaliate with peace then the world will see them in a much more different light

and some Iman somehwere said that its "Intolerant" well thats hypocritical too as Islam and Islamic states are rife with intolereance such as other religions, females, gays, etc etc. Just look at saudi and iran, they are prime candidates

its all just hypocritical BS

edit on 10/9/10 by Smiler74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Have you ever heard of anything called intent and motive? You know, because you brought up the notion of law.

If he for instance wanted to burn a book to stay warm it couldn't be blown out of proportion...instead....he wants to burn a book to piss off some people whom decided to build a community centre just to piss off people like the pastor(free country as you advocate yourself). If this doesn't scream an intent to disrupt public peace from both sides, then I don't know what does, and if I am correct there should be laws that deal with this.

I wonder when you Americans(and the rest of the world for that matter - but as this issue is US related) will realize that intelligent reasoning is the way to go forward. Not hanging on to a piece of paper 300 years old or laws made up by selfcentred politicians. THINK FOR YOURSELVES.

Don't let patriotism think for you, don't let Obama think for you, don't let a declaration think for you, don't let religion think for you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

This is what I mean. Do not let Obama think for you.

Psychos 'willing to blow themselves up.'

"Blow themselves up"

Keywords to make your brain panic.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Geez this guy is more indecisive than a dog at an inflatable leg shop. Seriously, just burn it or don't.

I don't understand why anyone would be worked up over him burning one. If someone burnt a bible I wouldn't care. I mean, it's not like it's the original or anything. Go buy a new one. I understand the meaning associated with it, and the symbolism, but really it's the power that you give it.

If people would just ignore this moron then this crap would stop.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
To Zamini:

Let me ask you where you stand on the controversial new york mosque near ground zero???

What piece of paper are you talking about? The US Constitution? Friend, you are off base. That document is the law of the land and is a living thing, it has and can be changed. And it wasnt written by politicians...There was no such thing when this document was written...Politicians are a product of the 20th century!

The book burning was supposedly meant to be a protest about our constant bowing to the nation of islam (mosque in NY, walking on eggshells about labeling terrorists as such etc.)

This action would not be inciting violence. If people dont like what he does there are other avenues rather than violence. This is not "yelling fire in a crowded theater"

edit on 10-9-2010 by BingeBob because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Mr. Mask:

No Balls...I'll call you out.

All it took was a 5 second Google search for the information.
Let's see if you are just like everyone else; All talk, no action.

Address: 5805 NW 37th St Gainesville, FL 32653;
Phone: 352-371-2487;
Fax: 352-371-6511;
Email: [email protected]

BTW, I just checked to see if the phone number was legit. It is indeed. Tends to be busy alot, but I got through after only a few tries.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I really dont understand what the big problem is? Its not ok for a man to burn a book? Just for saying that he was going to burn it people in Afghanistan are protesting by burning the American Flag? So it ok to burn a flag that represents a real country but not a book that represents an unreal entity?

He should burn them IMHO so we can get this crap over with alredy. The double standard is getting old.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by BingeBob

Have you ever heard of anything called intent and motive? You know, because you brought up the notion of law.

If he for instance wanted to burn a book to stay warm it couldn't be blown out of proportion...instead....he wants to burn a book to piss off some people whom decided to build a community centre just to piss off people like the pastor(free country as you advocate yourself). If this doesn't scream an intent to disrupt public peace from both sides, then I don't know what does, and if I am correct there should be laws that deal with this.

I wonder when you Americans(and the rest of the world for that matter - but as this issue is US related) will realize that intelligent reasoning is the way to go forward. Not hanging on to a piece of paper 300 years old or laws made up by selfcentred politicians. THINK FOR YOURSELVES.

Don't let patriotism think for you, don't let Obama think for you, don't let a declaration think for you, don't let religion think for you.

yeah but people getting murdered for a book being burnt is just an excuse

you quoted "don't let religion think for you." but these Islamists are doing that by murdering someone for burning a book

and that sort of thinking is backwards, draconian, barbaric and there should be an International law against that which condemns the religion and its followers

yeah maybe the pastor should get arrested for the Idea for casuing public upset and putting peoples life in danger, who knows, but if so then it should stop at that and no-one should die. but we know it wont and people will die cos it. but personally i thnk he is free to do it and if muslims get "rage" over it and want to kill then Islam is at fault here not the pastor, for teaching such narcissistic ways

all because some people who are that brainwashed think they have to murder people cos it is gods will

F'ked up man

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I really dont understand what the big problem is? Its not ok for a man to burn a book? Just for saying that he was going to burn it people in Afghanistan are protesting by burning the American Flag? So it ok to burn a flag that represents a real country but not a book that represents an unreal entity?

He should burn them IMHO so we can get this crap over with alredy. The double standard is getting old.

MOTF!

exactly ! well said

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

yeah maybe the pastor should get arrested for the Idea for casuing public upset and putting peoples life in danger, who knows, but if so then it should stop at that and no-one should die.

Hmmmm...Where else have they tried prosecuting people for ideas?...

The only way someone burning a book could put peoples lives in danger is if he disregarded fire safety...The lives you speak of being in danger are being threatened by a fanatical people bent on terrorizing others

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Someone should remind this guy what Jesus said about turning cheeks and not being a total jerk.

Either that, or someone should slap his face until he stops making a mockery of all religions involved.

They do that well enough without his stupid NAZI-BOOK-BURNING publicity stunt.

Wish I had the guy's phone number so I could tell him what a loser he is being in the eyes of his lord.

Oh well...

Turns out he is not going to burn the book.

A US pastor has declared he will not burn copies of the Koran on the anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks after his plan sparked international uproar.

news.sky.com...

Have you read the news and seen who will be burning books?

WASHINGTON — Defense Department officials are negotiating to buy and destroy all 10,000 copies of the first printing of an Afghan war memoir
www.nytimes.com...

CX

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I've starred that comment as i totaly agree, even as someone who does not do the whole bible thing.

Luckily not all Christians are like this pastor.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join