It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest problem with religion is that only One Man communicates with "God"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Biggest problem with religion is that only one man somehow, miraculously communicates with "God"....

I mean, there have been multi-billions of people who have live on earth and passed away.

But out of all these people (past and present), "God" can only communicate with one person and through him, gives
his message to the humanity as a whole???

The one person that God communicates with, is he/she more special or holy than the rest of us????????????????????????

They must be, because God can only talk to that one person, but not the rest of us.

This is a red flag.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Exactly. Either god is a grade A 4 letter word beginning with C and rhyming with hunt, or these people are liars.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What are you going on about? Who is the "one man"? Everybody can communicate to God thru prayer.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
What are you going on about? Who is the "one man"? Everybody can communicate to God thru prayer.

Ha, funny you

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Organised religion is a man-made thing and not to be trusted.

People should follow their own beliefs.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

Originally posted by Blueracer

Ha, funny you

Can you answer the question please? No need for games.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm an Atheist and even I know that the believer communicates with God directly, that 1 man channel to God is a thing of the past, I'm pretty sure we've gotten past that sometime in the last couple hundred years.

Guess you'll have to find a better reason to distrust religion.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Who are you talking about?

The Pope? Jesus? Moses? Mohamed?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Are the rest of us so impious, filthy, immoral, unholy, undeserving, stupid, worthless that the rest of us...cannot taste, feel, see, hear the very God himself???

Aren't we all his creation???

Is God inadvertently creating a separation amongst humanity by this exclusivity?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I thank all of our human ancestors, all over the world, all walks of life, to allow us to come to this point of realization.

I thank all of our ancestors.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: spelling, and I hate this new ATS format

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
THE LAMB (GOD) is who humanity communicates with, CHRIST (GOD) speaks to the FATHER (ALPHA/OMEGA) GOD

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
Biggest problem with religion is that only one man somehow, miraculously communicates with "God"....

I mean, there have been multi-billions of people who have live on earth and passed away.

But out of all these people (past and present), "God" can only communicate with one person and through him, gives
his message to the humanity as a whole???

The one person that God communicates with, is he/she more special or holy than the rest of us????????????????????????

They must be, because God can only talk to that one person, but not the rest of us.

This is a red flag.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

He is referring to the priest in the Catholic Church, but shows his ignorance by attacking all religions, obviously knows NOTHING about Christianity, its unfortunate because it gives us a bad name when someone says something like this not knowing what they are talking about,

Or perhaps you were actually referring to Jesus, which is outrageous because Jesus represents God, as he is part of the holy trinity,

edit on 10-9-2010 by mattias because: Just had a second thought

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Organised religion is a man-made thing and not to be trusted.

People should follow their own beliefs.

I think you are right.

I believe that if God exist, everyone should be able to communicate with God.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: More stuff. I hate the new ATS format

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

The last time I checked it seemed like every religion had a "go-to" guy who could talk to God... So that's already got us ten or fifteen folks with the creator on speed dial.

But I think, moreover, you are thinking of it in from a Christian perspective... If so then you are making a fault in logic. Jesus wasn't the only one who could speak to God - he was God. (Please no flaming, I'm agnostic and am only relating to this the same way I'd explain the plot of a movie I'd seen)

As far as the "big three" go (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) they all pretty much can be summed up this way... Anyone can talk to God, but God is really picky about who he talks back to.

And if you want to throw Hinduism into the mix, you'll have to get somebody with one of those really colorful avatars to help you out with that because, to me, it's like the Facebook of deism - tons of Gods that you don't really know all clogging up your friends list.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

If you have ever cracked a bible you would notice God has spoken to many men and women. In ancient religions like those of the Romans, Greeks, Druids and Vikings etc(pagans) practitioners claimed to have talked to there God's on a daily basis infact a Viking general claimed to have spoken to the Christian God on the eve of a great battle and converted to save his men from defeat. In the Quran Jesus and his apostles are reffered to as holy men who have spoken to God. So theres goes the thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

I'm an Atheist and even I know that the believer communicates with God directly, that 1 man channel to God is a thing of the past, I'm pretty sure we've gotten past that sometime in the last couple hundred years.

Guess you'll have to find a better reason to distrust religion.

Then we are in trouble

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The last time I checked it seemed like every religion had a "go-to" guy who could talk to God... So that's already got us ten or fifteen folks with the creator on speed dial.

But I think, moreover, you are thinking of it in from a Christian perspective... If so then you are making a fault in logic. Jesus wasn't the only one who could speak to God - he was God. (Please no flaming, I'm agnostic and am only relating to this the same way I'd explain the plot of a movie I'd seen)

As far as the "big three" go (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) they all pretty much can be summed up this way... Anyone can talk to God, but God is really picky about who he talks back to.

And if you want to throw Hinduism into the mix, you'll have to get somebody with one of those really colorful avatars to help you out with that because, to me, it's like the Facebook of deism - tons of Gods that you don't really know all clogging up your friends list.

Does God talk to you?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American

If you have ever cracked a bible you would notice God has spoken to many men and women. In ancient religions like those of the Romans, Greeks, Druids and Vikings etc(pagans) practitioners claimed to have talked to there God's on a daily basis infact a Viking general claimed to have spoken to the Christian God on the eve of a great battle and converted to save his men from defeat. In the Quran Jesus and his apostles are reffered to as holy men who have spoken to God. So theres goes the thread.
\

Does God talk to you? What does God say to you?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
A lot of you are making my point!

Does God really talk to you???

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: I don't like the ATS format

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Dude....not MY religion. I'm pagan. I believe that everyone has the ability to know their own path and contact the divine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join