It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction: Iceland's Katla volcano will blow by November 1, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As long ago as the last volcano now seems (it was about 4 1/2 months ago I think), based on trends, Katla erupts within six months after the little one. I've been tracking earthquakes in Iceland and there have since the eruption been consistent, though small earthquakes in Katla.

So we likely only have six weeks left until Katla blows and wipes out all air traffic between North America and Europe. What do you think will happen, and how can we prepare?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Your input is quit clear and indeed it is been about 6 1/2 weeks the last 3 recorded times.
But i don't think it will be the 1 of november. Just because you give a specific date.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
Your input is quit clear and indeed it is been about 6 1/2 weeks the last 3 recorded times.
But i don't think it will be the 1 of november. Just because you give a specific date.

actually i sad by, not on. so i think it will blow anywhere between today and Halloween.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I see a lot more activity in Iceland today on this map.

Including some minor quakes at Katla.

en.vedur.is...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think I had best go get myself some Cold-weather clothing. Long-johns, thicker flannel shirts, thicker socks, those sort of things. I live where Winters are mild and based on what I am reading about the influences of Jupiter and what went down in 1963 when Jupiter was last this close to Earth, AU (astronomical units), I should be wise to do this.

If Katla blows we are all sure to see a mighty cold Winter upon the Northern Hemispheres! A Winter that might last for a long time to come.

I know I shouldn't cheer on such things, but really I am fed-up with the Human Race. Come-on Katla!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Actually the eruption of the Eyjafjallajökull was similar to a medium-size eruption of Katla.
This Eyjafjallajökull eruption was the biggest of historical times.

People don't hype out Katla. It can be a big volcano, but general his eruptions are like this one from Eyjafjallajökull. Icelanders have told me that Katla will probably erupt ~2011, but it will be a "mild" eruption. It will disrupt air traffic but to a similar degree to that of Eyjafjallajökull. And Katla eruptions generally last only about 20 days, so it will be not a long disruption.

However, you are true to notice it generally blows after 6 months of his small brother. I expect to blow sometime until next spring.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It didn't erupt (yet), however, Mount Merapi did. I think they are somehow connected.

second line

top topics

join