It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nine years. a firedog's nine years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

nine years

billions have seen it from many angles, in slow motion, from different view points. the days events have been discussed and disected for years by billions of souls across the globe.

billions of eyewitnesses cannot agree on what happened that day, nor the days leading up to it, nor what has happened since september eleventh, two thousand and one.

billions of eyewitnesses, and the truth is still not unanimously agreed upon.

"truthseekers" are bombarded with technical jargon that is a unique and specified language assigned for use only to those of a particular profession. and i get lost in the mumbo jumbo of it all.

on one side of the arguement a handful of disgruntled religiously motivated extremists who did this by themselves.
on the other side of the arguement it was a conspiracy perpetrated by the very ones we place in positions of power to protect american interests, or groups bent on furthering their own international agendas.

whether one way or the other, the precedent has been set, and recorded in the history books. either way people whom i share 99.7+% of the same identical dna with (allegedly) have proven what we are capable of doing.

if either is true, both seem to me to be detrimental to the human condition.

i think the truth is layered in the jargon and technical languages of many disciplines, many professions. job specific terms and occupational linguistics are diverse in my professional opinion.

I also believe that after 9 years of this there are still those who are in denial about what happened that day, and the circumstances that led to the foundation of that days events occuring.

i am firefighter. from 1998 to 2009 i was a firefighter in the usaf. Nine years ago tomorrow i was at the firestation at nellis afb, and i was on duty. we were in the day room of the firestation, about 40 of us. no less than two minutes prior to the towers collapsing our fire chief of fire prevention who was a 36 year veteran firefighter at the time i believe said this two minutes before the towers collapsed: "They are too late already. they had to get the water on that faster. those towers are going to collapse."

my fire chief of fire prevention said no less than 2 minutes prior that those towers would collapse, and they did. he was a 36 year veteran firefighter.

who created the foundations for that day? who created the means for hundreds of firefighters to become collateral damage in a matter of minutes? I'd still like to know.

firefighters cannot forget, and we shall always remember
what happened within us on the eleventh of september

what this world did to our kind on the eleventh of september

i have shed more tears for my professional obligations than i care to share.
i have shed more tears for my professional responsibilities than i can bare
hundreds of our firefighters died one day, killed, and yet they can still care

nine years. more questions.

nine years, and war continues.

nine years. how are we better off than we were september tenth of two thousand and one?

nine years.

i didn't author this thread for you. i authored this thread for me and my profession. i didn't author this thread to debate or talk about anything. i just wanted to share a few things that linger in my head and haunt my dreams after nine years.
thanks for reading this. much appreciated.

-et

edit on 9-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add firefighters prayer

edit on 9-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add youtube tribute

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

"They are too late already. they had to get the water on that faster. those towers are going to collapse."

my fire chief of fire prevention said no less than 2 minutes prior that those towers would collapse, and they did. he was a 36 year veteran firefighter.

Why would he say that? I mean a 36 yr vet is one thing, but exactly how many similar situation had he seen to compare?

How many skyscapers had he seen previously collapse due to fire??

Personally I think if one had of collapsed it might have been just freak circumstances, but three???

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
343 of my brothers died one day. the previous record for deaths of firefighters at one incident was 12

"One fireman stopped to take a breath, and we looked each other in the eye," said Louis G. Lesce, who was on his way down from the 86th floor of 1 World Trade Center, the first tower hit. "He was going to a place where I was damn well trying to get out of. I looked at him thinking, 'What are you doing this for?' He looked at me like he knew very well. 'This is my job.'"

In all, 343 firefighters were reported missing or were identified among the dead. The number of casualties was staggering. Entire companies were lost. The previous biggest loss of life for the Fire Department was in 1966, when 12 were killed in a fire on East 23rd Street.

you can see their faces, and their names here:
343 Firefighters who died on 9-11

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Myself and many others feel great sympathy for all people that have died doing their job,

but that doesn't answer my question....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread. Tomorrow I will buy a brand new flag to fly at our home on Saturday and thereafter. Also, thank you for your service.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

"They are too late already. they had to get the water on that faster. those towers are going to collapse."

Why would he say that?

on job training. decades of experience. the courses of study required to obtain such a position. besides, he was not wrong, the first tower did collapse soon after he said they would.

I mean a 36 yr vet is one thing, but exactly how many similar situation had he seen to compare?

if you google "NFPA" you will find there is over 12 million links to sites you can study to get caught up to par with his level of training and expertise.
if you google "Fire Sciences" you will find there is over 7 million links to sites you can study to get caught up to par with his level of training and expertise.

if the world wide internet cannot summarize fire sciences on one link, please do not expect me to be able to answer your inquiries in one post.

How many skyscapers had he seen previously collapse due to fire??

how many cliffs do you have to jump off of to know what happens when you meet the ground?

he was one of the fire investigators for this fire in 1980:

also, it was foreseen before hand:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

My dad is retired firefighter, 35+ years and pretty damn cynical after all that time on the job. We aren't on the East coast, probably as far away from what happened as you can be and still be in the continental states and even here, this tragedy had a huge impact. He said that people who didn't know what else to do would just hang out at the stations around town, offering their support (in all likelihood) as a means to help themselves as well. A way to do something, when no one really could. My parents left town for over a week, My dad said he just didn't want to be around all those people and all that came with them... It had been a long time since something (some tragedy that did not involve a child) got him in his core, I think...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

My dad is retired firefighter, 35+ years and pretty damn cynical after all that time on the job.

it helps us keep our sanity. everyone is a firefighter in their own right. we all do what we can. i place no life in any higher position in regards to another. and i am just as appreciative for firefighters as i am other professions.

sometimes a profession can become more than kin, more than even relation
sometimes a profession can become more than a country, more than a nation

It had been a long time since something (some tragedy that did not involve a child) got him in his core, I think...

thank you for sharing. i appreciate it very much.

thank your father for me, for choosing to be who it is he is, and choosing to do what it is he choiced to be.

thanks LadySkadi,
john paul

edit on 10-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: edit to remove embed link that did not work

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a song myself and other military firefighters would listen to sometimes on our deployments over the years:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Mate, you linked to the MGM Grand Hotel..

It was a sub standard building with inadequate fireproofing...

It burnt from the ground floor for a prolonged period..

The sprinklers and alarms were not working properly..

All the above is from your link...

So how does this prove your friend could predict 3 skyscrapers would collapse due to fire,

because from what I can see, the MGM Grand was still standing...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i didn't author this thread for you. i authored this thread for me and my profession. i didn't author this thread to debate or talk about anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Thank you for your heartfelt post.
And thank you for shining the light once again for the lives lost on that fateful day.

edit on 10-9-2010 by burntheships because: Heartfelt

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i didn't author this thread for you. i authored this thread for me and my profession. i didn't author this thread to debate or talk about anything.

Funny, I thought threads were here to debate.

I get 90% of your post but it was you that put in that contentious little piece...

I think its worthy of proof, not much to ask...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

No.

Sometimes, (like this time) threads are meant to remember...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well said, Lady Skadi.

No offense to you Cynical, but have a heart.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ET,

Thank you for taking the time to post this thread which honors those who honor us all with their selfless service. And thank you for sharing your personal thoughts and your story here. It takes courage to expose oneself publically and I respect you for having done so.

Keep your chin up as best you can over these next few days!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I am moved by your sentiment, I understand fully that you are walking down a memory lane you wish did not exsist. I know what it feels like to have lost a loved on on that day. I was numb with the events, the loss of life, pride swelled in me as we watched the firemen do what they do, attempt to save lives and put out fire, and my heart broke as the towers collapsed. You are proving that they are not forgotten, and that they are missed. Hat's off to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Mate, you linked to the MGM Grand Hotel..

It was a sub standard building with inadequate fireproofing...

It burnt from the ground floor for a prolonged period..

The sprinklers and alarms were not working properly..

how would you know any of the above information at all if my (one in the same) co-worker who was a fire investigator of that fire scene did not report it? (*and as a fire inspector did so before the fire as well)

So how does this prove your friend could predict 3 skyscrapers would collapse due to fire,

because from what I can see, the MGM Grand was still standing...

you requested what experience he had with fires and taller buildings. i provided one such example of his experience.

so how did my co-worker predict the two towers would collapse prior to them collapsing?
from what i can see, the world trade centers are no longer standing. he said they would fall prior to them falling.

he shared his professional opinion, calculating 3 decades worth of experience and training and said they would collapse. two minutes later the first tower collapsed. how does this prove he could predict that 2 skyscrapers would collapse?
it proves his informed and educated prediction was accurate.

Due to co-workers and friends in intel, and military briefings i was aware of who osama bin laden was, what his organization was about, and that he was in afghanistan. 40+ earwitnesses heard me say it. prior to the pentagon getting hit i said we were going to war with afghanistan, and even had a little debate in the firehouse with some who thought i didn't know what i was talking about. was my educated and informed prediction correct? yes. we did go to war with afghanistan. and i said it before the main stream news did, and before the pentagon was hit.

stop looking for who is steering the vehicle, start looking at who is paving the roadways. it becomes easier to plan ahead and see the future, if you are not focussed on taking over the steering wheel.

do i think the events of 9-11 could have at the very least been avoided and/or prevented?
yes. yes i do.

do i think there is enough room for all the variables to be calculated in my head, and every professional opinion to be taken into account? i'm not sure.

nine years. and are we closer to the truth?

nine years. 2002

nine years. 2003

nine years. 2004

nine years. 2005

nine years. 2006

nine years. 2007

nine years. 2008

nine years. 2009

nine years. 2010

nine years. 343 firefighters died nine years ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I made a tribute video a few years back. But I've never posted it any where. This thread seems an appropriate place for it. Hope you don't mind.

Most days I'm an atheist, but I prayed that day

edit on 10-9-2010 by waypastvne because: Because I wanted to

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join