It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Policy: Why the Right is sooooo Wrong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This has been such a hot button issue over better part of the last decade, and has just spiralled out of control since the Right lost control in the 2008 election. The only solution that the Right seems to be able to come up with is to hunt down and deport all of the illegals, and by that they usually mean Mexicans. You never hear them complaining about all those illegal 'snowback' Canadians stealing jobs from Americans, just those from Latin America, and specifically Mexico. Then they look you straight in the eye and insist they are NOT racist... OK, if you say so, Spanky! I say that their stance on this issue, and the way they want to solve it is nothing more than sugar coated racism, and will never solve the problem of the tidal wave of illegal immigrants flowing into the US... But here's some things that would!

First, we need to redefine the definition of what makes someone a natural born citizen. To solve the problem of "Anchor Babies", we redefine the law to state that even though a child is born in the US, it is not a US citizen unless at least one of it's parents is a US citizen. Simple enough, problem SOLVED!

Second, to identify those who are not citizens, and are here illegally, whenever someone uses any public facility, such as a hospital, health clinic, or school, they must prove residency. If not, INS should begin deportation proceedings. And if an individual breaks the law, from a traffic ticket to felony murder, they should be detained and held without bail until the INS retrieves them and deports them (after any jail or prison term is served). Simple enough, problem SOLVED!

Third, and most importantly, there would be no flood of illegals if there weren't jobs and housing available for them in the first place. NO emphasis has been placed on the American Citizens who provide these illegals with work, or those who provide housing for these illegals once they cross into this country, because that would not fit into the REAL racist agenda that is behind the Right's approach to this issue. Any American Citizen or Company that provides work to illegal, undocumented workers, or provides housing for those here illegally should face serious prison time and the dissolution of their Company or business, plus the forfeiture of all property to the government to help pay for the transport and housing of illegals during the deportation process. Providing employment and/or housing to illegals should be considered an act of treason, and dealt with accordingly. Simple enough, problem SOLVED!

Now before any of you start going off, I am NOT a liberal, I'm a centrist. But I am sick to death with the divisionary Naziesque tactics that have come to the forefront of the Right over the last two decades. Something has got to give before the Right drags us down a road like the Nazi's did in Germany pre-WWII... It has to stop, and it might as well stop now before it's too late...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think the reason that the latino's/mexicans are mentioned more often than others is because there are more of them.

Here in Rhode Island we are far away from the border and have a big problem with illegals. Last I heard, when we tried to pass a bill where companies would be held responsible for hiring illegals, we were shot down. Twice I believe.

Jaxon, you have some valid points and great ideas. The thing is...The Government isn't listening. Government doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Jaxon, you have some valid points and great ideas. The thing is...The Government isn't listening. Government doesn't care.

Then we need to MAKE them listen, and MAKE them care!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well first off, I understand what you are saying but lets try not to classify people into groups like the "right" or "left". We all have valuable opinions and we shouldn't be categorized into groups that may discredit us automatically or cause a unfair bias even before one has spoken.

Second, lets also try not to make this a racist issue. Yes, ALL illegals need to be dealt with, not just Hispanic or Latino in origin.

This issue is such a hot issue, it should be left to the people to decide. A referendum of the STATES should be held in each state to decide the immigration laws and process. NOT a Federal vote because that would undermine other states' position on the immigration problem. There should not, in no way, be an overall mandated decision by a federal judge, congress, or executive order to decide such a huge issue. Any decision without a state referendum, allowing for states to create and enforce their own laws, is going to cause a SEVERE and violent backlash. I only pray the Fed know this as well...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
The only solution that the Right seems to be able to come up with is to hunt down and deport all of the illegals, and by that they usually mean Mexicans.

I hate to have to break it to you, but...The solutions you mentioned are exactly what has been proposed by those you've dubbed "racist" and seem to identify as evil right wingers.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

REALLY??? I haven't heard Beck or Limbaugh or the Tea Baggers say anything of the like... And I live in Arizona, and there is none of this in the Law that the right thinks is soooo progressive and the correct answer to the problem.... If you can find examples, please feel free to share!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The illegale immigration problem is far more of a complex issue than what many people would consider or think about. I do believe that part of the problem, was brought up during the recent lawsuit where the federal Government sued the state of AZ, and more of the issues were brought up that hit home alot more so than any other. As was stated, there can not be a different set of rules in every state, however, some states have allowed the set up of sanctuary cities and counties, and that has to stop. The federal laws are very specific, however, the federal government and both parties when in power, often fail to follow through on the laws that they passed, combined with the DHS and immigration choosing to ignore aspects of the law, along with other countries dictating and demanding that we do not follow the laws have complicated the issue all around. I would agree with what you have stated, however, the issue is further complicated, when you add in the fact of idenity theft and the number of fake papers there that makes it hard to determine who is and is not an illegale immigrant.
The reason why the hispanic community looks bad, is cause the biggest border problem is coming from Mexico, where there are large numbers of illegale immigrants coming over the borders from Mexico, and not all of them are hispanic, combined with the numbers coming from latin and south america, it makes it hard to tell.
Then there is the problems south of the border with the drug cartels and the violence and then you add in those who are in short refugees making their way north for safety, along with a corrupt government in Mexico, especially among the police and military. I do not believe giving more money or aid is the answer, and that all solutions need to be done on our side of the borders, and we need to tell the Mexican Government that if they do not like it, tell their citizens not to break our laws coming into the country. I would say first secure the borders, to stem the flow of the illegale immigrants into the country, that is the fastest and easiest way to stop the building numbers, then tackle immigration reform, that way we can decide on what to do with all of those who are here currently in the country illegally.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hi!

I am here to (I hope) throw a wrench in your works.

Mmm and maybe get 20 posts too.

I like anchor babies. Hail Citizens!

I like free medical for prego moms regardless of status.

I like free baby health care and wic.

I like every new American to be born healthy and free of preventable birth defects

Now all we need to do is get these kids on the college track and secure the future of the U.S.

magpie

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Mexicans (brown white and black ones) make up nearly 80% .. do I need to spell it out? EIGHTY .. thus, when one talks about Illegal Immigration they say: Mexican. In reality, we should have a system where NO Illegals enter the country without our knowing, but Mexican is the prime example.

And not only Mexicans come from Mexico .. the vast majority of other Central Americans come through.......................................... you guessed it.. Mexico.

No, disliking Mexicans is not Racist.. Mexicans have no Race, they are an Ethnicity --- learn the difference! Mexican NATIVES are just that NATIVES, they are actually racially ASIANS. No different than Canadian or American Native Americans .. just a sub-ethnicity of that race.

Mexico it's self is 60+% Mestizo (white/native)

your First Second Third ideas however, are very good.. I support em all!

In fact, it's the only logical way to deport them anyways, I doubt very few would support roadblock type check points.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hmmm. Why would the Right concentrate on south of the border illegal immigration? Good question.

Illegal immigration to the United States

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.

According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005,
57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico
24% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America
9% were from Asia
6% were from Europe
4% were from the rest of the world.

Hmmm. Approximately 6.27 million illegal Mexicans, and another 2.64 million other south of the border illegal immigrants.

Wonder how many *snip* Canadians live in the U.S.? Another good question.

The Urban Institute estimates "between 65,000 and 75,000 undocumented Canadians currently live in the United States."

8.91 million from south of the border vs. 75,000 from north of the border.

Hmmm. Why are the Right concentrating on illegal immigration from south of the border? Good question.

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

edit on 9/9/2010 by maria_stardust because: removed racial slur

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) announced Wednesday night that he is considering introducing a constitutional amendment that would change existing law to no longer grant citizenship to the children of immigrants born in the United States.

www.politico.com...

In every session of Congress since 1995, when Republicans gained control of the House for the first time in a half-century, GOP lawmakers have introduced bills removing “birthright citizenship” from the offspring of illegal immigrants.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Democrats act as if the right to run across the border when you're 8 1/2 months pregnant, give birth in a U.S. hospital and then immediately start collecting welfare was exactly what our forebears had in mind, a sacred constitutional right, as old as the 14th Amendment itself.

The louder liberals talk about some ancient constitutional right, the surer you should be that it was invented in the last few decades.

In fact, this alleged right derives only from a footnote slyly slipped into a Supreme Court opinion by Justice Brennan in 1982. You might say it snuck in when no one was looking, and now we have to let it stay.

townhall.com...

Voters in the eastern Nebraska city of Fremont on Monday approved a ban on hiring or renting property to illegal immigrants, the latest proposal in a series of immigration regulations taken up by communities around the country....The measure is likely to face a long and costly court battle, with the American Civil Liberties Union saying it will try to block it before it even goes into effect.

www.foxnews.com...
Who is blocking it? The ACLU.

Relating to Arizona's law;

Other parts of the law will go into effect Thursday as passed. This includes a ban on so-called sanctuary cities, and the criminalization of hiring day laborers who are in the country illegally. The parts of the law dealing with sanctions for employers who hire illegal immigrants also withstood the first legal test.

articles.cnn.com...:US

You said:

Second, to identify those who are not citizens, and are here illegally, whenever someone uses any public facility, such as a hospital, health clinic, or school, they must prove residency. If not, INS should begin deportation proceedings. And if an individual breaks the law, from a traffic ticket to felony murder, they should be detained and held without bail until the INS retrieves them and deports them

Those were exactly the most contested portions of Arizona's law and sections that were blocked by Judge Bolton's injunctions. (Previous source applies)

edit on 9-9-2010 by WTFover because: Adding emphasis to key words

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Appeals court blocks Pa town's immigration law: www.msnbc.msn.com...

"The northeastern Pennsylvania city had sought to fine landlords who rent to illegal immigrants and deny business permits to companies that give them jobs. A companion measure required prospective tenants to register with City Hall and pay for a rental permit."

"Mayor Lou Barletta had pushed the measures in 2006 after two illegal immigrants were charged in a fatal shooting. The Republican mayor, now mounting his third try for Congress, argued that illegal immigrants brought drugs, crime and gangs to the city of more than 30,000 and overwhelmed police, schools and hospitals."

Yet another State trying to do something about the illegal immigration poblem and getting shot down.

It isn't just the borders who are dealing with thousands of illegal immigrants. They are all over the USA and the Feds refuse to do their jobs or allow any solutions. Drugs, gangs, hospitals having to close etc. There are many issues that come along with illegal immigration and the Feds don't care.

So Jaxon, there are indeed solutions but with the Feds blocking our every step, it gets us nowhere. When you no longer feel safe in your own neighborhood, with the increase of gangs and drugs and violence, when you have to fight tooth and nail to keep your only local hospital open, when you have to speak a foreign language in your own country just to get a factory job, when you see illegals getting cheap housing, free food and health care while citizens struggle and suffer, there is a huge problem. When our own Government allows it, there is a huge problem.Things are getting worse instead of any better. These problems have increased over the years.

People are frustrated, resentful and angry.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
google and read "George Washington Vision at Valley Forge"

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

edit on 12/24/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaxonRoberts
This has been such a hot button issue over better part of the last decade, and has just spiralled out of control since the Right lost control in the 2008 election. The only solution that the Right seems to be able to come up with is to hunt down and deport all of the illegals, and by that they usually mean Mexicans. You never hear them complaining about all those illegal 'snowback' Canadians stealing jobs from Americans, just those from Latin America, and specifically Mexico. Then they look you straight in the eye and insist they are NOT racist...

Do you have any evidence that Canada is actually sending us millions of their poorest?

How many Canadian illegals have there been this year?

Is Canada awash in violent crime and drug wars?

Can it be conservatives aren't complaining about Canadian illegals because they're not an issue?

I found most recent immigrants from Latin America to be seemingly well educated and orderly, but I have heard the MSM talk of some recent migrant children being not fully socialized. I forget the show.
edit on 24-12-2023 by Solvedit2 because: added a sentence.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Who the hell necrobumped this from 13 years ago? WHY ??

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Slugger2869 is obviously building their post count.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Who the hell necrobumped this from 13 years ago? WHY ??

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sometime They Come Back.

The dead never stay dead for long.

They're rising from the Graves and attacking the living!

Quick! Call Shawn!

new topics

top topics

join