It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor says Quran-burning suspended, not canceled.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

I'm not gonna get into the politics and conspiracies of why we're there and what it represents and all that. The point is, just because you can do something doesn;t mean you should. JUst because you have the right to throw yourself off the cliff doesn't preclude me from stopping you or at least trying to talk you down.

right, and then to run with your hypothetical, let's say your at the cliff and the paramedics say that if you jump they will be so upset to clean up your remains that they just might have someone murder your family, this is more akin to telling the pastor he is risking anothers life for doing somethings he should have the right to.

and then the wannabe suicide would be angry at whoever called the dmn paramedic because if they didnt even know about it then the man could jump off the cliff in peace without fear his family would be murdered.

What he's doing is destructive and inflammatory, serves no purpose at all, other than to get this already confirmed criminal and psychopath more attention.
my point is that you are missing the point, " What he's doing is "NOT" destructive and inflammatory" that is being caused by the MSM not the pastor.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

and nobody asks how these yahoo's in the desert get this info? they get cable and the new york times out there?

how many understand english anyway? where do they get the flags and pics of the pastor to burn?

at the same time!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
If you bothered to read anything about him you would know that he has been working toward peace and understanding for over a decade.

I don't know how to embed a video, but here's a YouTube link:

“What’s right with America and what’s right with Islam are, in fact, very much in sync…I call America a Sharia compliant state.” – Feisal Abdul Rauf

What is it he's working towards again?

edit to add: SouthernGuardian, you will NEVER know how much pain it caused me to be forced to star your post on the previous page. I did it anyhow, because right is right, even from the left!

edit on 2010/9/10 by nenothtu because: to make an addition

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Media to Terry Jones - You used us!

Pastor Terry Jones would initiate a book burning of what he adamantly believes is one of the most accursed and violent books ever written: The Qur'an.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
More witticisms from the good imam:

"But it is important that we understand what is meant by Shariah law. Islamic law is about God's law, and it is not that far from what we read in the Declaration of Independence about "the Laws of Nature and Nature's God." The Declaration says "men are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

"What Muslims want is to ensure that their secular laws are not in conflict with the Quran or the Hadith, the sayings of Muhammad."

"What Muslims want is a judiciary that ensures that the laws are not in conflict with the Quran and the Hadith."

Source: Huffington Post

Note that in America, the role of the judiciary is to prevent conflict of laws with the Constitution, NOT a religious text, from ANY sect. Whatever the Qu'ran and Hadith may or may not say is irrelevant... they re NOT the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
" What he's doing is "NOT" destructive and inflammatory" that is being caused by the MSM not the pastor.

He's threatening to destroy a something, thats destructive. IT's inflaming peoples emotions, its inflammatory. The guy is a slime, what hes doing is slimy, the fact that people are quick to defend his so called "right" to be a moron is laughable. Free speech is meant to protect political dissidence, to allow people to voice an opposing opinion without fear of reprisal or consequence. Not to protect some psycho from doing some thing we all KNOW is stupid. ANd look at all the copy cat morons jumpin at the chance emulate him.

Yeah lets break our neck to protect this crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is why they have Mosques in the U.S.. They should all be shut down with violence. If this was broadcast on channel 2 in Orlando some Arabs would be running for their lives. Get out Islamic Arabs we don't want you here. I think it would be better to burn the Mosques then just the books. Its pathetic that our men and women are dying to stop this when Obama just lets it go on in our own cities. Send them packing now peacefully or Americans will send the packing by force soon.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
" What he's doing is "NOT" destructive and inflammatory" that is being caused by the MSM not the pastor.

He's threatening to destroy a something, thats destructive. IT's inflaming peoples emotions, its inflammatory. The guy is a slime, what hes doing is slimy, the fact that people are quick to defend his so called "right" to be a moron is laughable. Free speech is meant to protect political dissidence, to allow people to voice an opposing opinion without fear of reprisal or consequence. Not to protect some psycho from doing some thing we all KNOW is stupid. ANd look at all the copy cat morons jumpin at the chance emulate him.

Yeah lets break our neck to protect this crap.

you smoke a cigeratte, use a disposable product, tear open the packaging of a purchased product those are just as destructive as burning a book,

and no it does not and would not inflame anyones emotions if not for the MSM there fore as i said it is the MSM that is being inflammatory,

and i disagree that we "ALL" know its wrong for him to do so, sure i believe its wrong, but i also would be willing to bet there are many in america that dont feel this way and thats their right, for you to assume EVERYONE feels the same way as you is pretty wrong,

the fact that you dislike these people their messege and their means of conveying it is your only bases that they shouldnt be allowed to do so, that is very wrong and is exactly the point of free speech even though you just said it isnt.

" he is slime, slimey, he's a moron, you laugh at those who protect him, psyco, copy cat morons, break our necks, this crap," these many insults youve thrown out, i'd like to hear you explain just how is it that those arent inflammatory and wont inflame peoples emotions? of course they will, does this mean we should censor you the same way you want to censor the book burning?. sounding a bit hypocritical

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If he was lied to by Rauf then now he has every right to burn two Quran.
I just hope he has the proper paperwork that shows he is compliant with city ordinance that will allow him to legally burn in public.
Maybe some Firemen can chime in on this.

I was watching god awful video on Youtube of Muslims in the street of NYC (POST 9-11) screaming "bomb bomb USA" and "death to the West" And stomping on the US flag... and from all accounts they had a permit to do so.

Is this for real? Does anyone know? It really pisses me off when our laws are used to protect these people who are in my mind traitors and enemies to our nation.

Deport them!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Pastor says Quran-burning suspended, not canceled.

It's okay to walk a mosque all over 9.11 ground zero, but lord love a duck if someone burns a Koran!

EEEek!

If this is what we've come to in this marvelous technological wonder called the 21st century, you can have it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join