It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran-Israel-Iran-Israel All day Oy vey!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
ATS I have to tell you...

These past few months we have seen a huge increase of threads slamming each other over Iran or Israel. It seems to me that here at ATS that a war of words have broken out and that many have taken sides. I was asked the other day what my opinion and or stance on the issues surrounding the present state of affairs on the subject was. I had to stop and think about it for a few minutes.

When the smoke cleared and I regained consciousness. I realized that I'm sick of the topic.

On one side we have people slamming Iran, Many times they will be called brainwashed warmongers or Islamaphobics.

Then there is the camp who slam Israel and are classified as Antisemitic Islamic apologists.

I'll try to read through the plethora of accusations and counter charges only to see the rotting hulks of posters that get their posts removed for personal attacks and off topic comments etc. [You've all seen the carnage] I agree it's a touchy subject.

Does Iran have a right to friendly Nuclear power? Yes. Nuclear weapons? Well that has yet to be seen. That's none of Israels business IMO.

On the flip side....

The situation between Palestine and Israel is none of Iran's business either IMO.

Let's just try to keep the topic to a civil and mature discussion. For those members who insist on the endless name calling and personal attacks, I'll dedicate this song to you.

Enjoy.

edit on 9-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I felt like mashing the keyboard some more with my fat hairy knuckles to correct a typo

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is why I do not take sides but look at the information from all sides.

The left-wing and right-wing slant is not the truth.

Neither is Israel verses Iran or Iraq verses Israel.

The truth is in the very middle of all of what is going on.

Usually, the truth is the first victim, the last to be buried, and always proclaimed by those lying.

And talk is nothing but empty rhetoric without action to follow-through upon.

edit on 9-9-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Because I chose to edit it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I must say i got more sympathy for Israel, because its such a tiny and brave country still able to knock out up to 6 countries on its own.Maybe they are god's chosen people. You can say it has a Spartan culture but i think its cool all men and all female join the army to protect their little stroke of living space.Indeed Iran also has women in the army, but in general women are raped by Islamic law in Iran[the same as african americans were able to join the army in ww2 but didn't had any civil rights]. Israel has more western values, more freedoms, it has orthodox people but at the same time a gay parade in Tel aviv [Israeli's are in general definitely party people].
You can say it oppresses the Palestinians but if they want to hold peace talks and Hamas tries to block that, what can you do?, i would squeeze and choke the Hamas untill its definitely out of breath..And while they and Hezbollah are supported by Iran, i wouldnt trust them either. A country which send school children to sweep mine fields is insane [they even gave them plastic keys with the promise they could us it to open the gate to heaven], how can you take yourself and your religion serious if you do something like that. I think an Islamic theocracy is dangerous, specially if its wants to be a regional super power, the Sunni countries would agree with that.[SaudiArabia, Egypt and so on, nobody wants a nuclear Iran] The idea that they can develop nuclear weapons is just spine chilling.They can develop lots of solar panels, thorium nuclear energy or things like that for energy production/consumption, i just don't believe they enrich uranium up and above 20% for medical isotopes, most of them are produced over here and in Canada..They can just ask.
I hope a coup will occur, or assassinations to overtrow the government and/or hold the nuclear program. We all sit safely with miles of water or land between those evil doers, in Israel they dont'..

edit on 9-9-2010 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Does Iran have a right to friendly Nuclear power? Yes. Nuclear weapons? Well that has yet to be seen. That's none of Israels business IMO.

On the flip side....

The situation between Palestine and Israel is none of Iran's business either IMO.

Makes sense. However, all countries have the habit of butting in. You have to admit that it is a good way to divert attention and anger toward others rather than internally. Other times it helps rally people behind their country depending on what the issue is.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Israel/Iran/US/China/Russia... aren't we all supposed to be at war by now? Thought someone was going to drop the bomb on someone else, or something. That's what I read on some conspiracy site somewhere at sometime, or something, but - people have been known to be wrong before...

edit on 9-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You're sick of it because you never learn how you're being emotionally manipulated by certain people who sit on the sidelines and pretend to be victims while you blindly go to wars based on fictitious reasons.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

I think you just somewhat validated my thread.

catch the video?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think it's important for the reader not to focus on antisemitic or islamaphobic accusations but instead focus on the issues. There's still many people who outnumber those that throw such allegations and bring intelligent on-topic arguments.

And those people's arguments, those that throw racial allegations... don't put them on ignore but consider them on ignore. Filter through the disinformation!

I'd agree with you on your post however.
It's a complicated world!
Actually no, it's a simple world with complicated people!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Israel/Iran/US/China/Russia... aren't we all supposed to be at war by now? Thought someone was going to drop the bomb on someone else, or something. That's what I read on some conspiracy site somewhere at sometime, or something.

Exactly, and it's become rather tiresome, hasn't it?
Think I'll go back and listen to "Wheels on the Bus", again.

Because Slay, I agree. It does goes round and round and round.

Will we ever get off this merry-go-round?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It is kind of a catchy tune.
Great replies so far everybody.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by American_Soviets
You're sick of it because you never learn how you're being emotionally manipulated by certain people who sit on the sidelines and pretend to be victims while you blindly go to wars based on fictitious reasons.

Classic.
How does anybody know what anybody else has experienced while online?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yup, I'm with ya Slayer! I've all but stopped trying to post on Israeli bashing threads, since the partisan bickering has reached a crescendo with trying to shout down anything that ISN'T flat out condemning Israel. Folks who try to see both sides get blasted by both sides. Everyone seems to have staked out a side, and can't conceive of any other viewpoint. I've been called an "islamophobe" and an "anti-semite", sometimes by the same person! Now THAT'S entertainment!

I think, on balance, Israel does have a vested interest in whether or not Iran develops nuclear weapons, based on threats that have been issued, hollow or not. Folks should NOT presume to tell me what Ahmadinejad "really" said unless they speak Farsi themselves, since I've already got the goods from a Farsi speaker.

On the other hand, Israel shouldn't be all THAT concerned, since no way in hell would Iran be foolish enough to nuke Jerusalem. They would be INSTANTLY erased, and the rest of the muslim world would lead the charge, because Iran had the temerity to defile an islamic "sacred" site. Tel Aviv, however, might get smoked, since it's the capitol of Israel, and holds a high percentage of the Israeli population. That could be pretty effectively dealt with by an ABM defensive ring, though, and no airspace violations necessary.

Fallout? Assuming there was any, where would all those poor Palestinians "return" to then? Again, if that were the case, it would be Iran on the hot seat. Most Sunnis don't much care for Iran anyhow, and that would be as good a spark as any.

So, in my estimation, the whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion by BOTH sides. Battle lines have been drawn in the propaganda war, and some of us are caught in the crossfire. Best thing to do in that case is remove yourself from that arena, firing suppressive fire as needed.

Which is what I did. Nowadays, I can concentrate on being an "islamophobe" and a "traitorous muslim lover" to those who know not my history. Didn't feel a need to add "anti-semite" or "Palestinian hater" to my resume.

A fella needs to keep track of who he's supposed to be hating, and sometimes folks at ATS make that AWFULLY difficult.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I agree, too many opinions and not enough facts...

But why continually mention Iran sticking its nose into Israel/Palistine affairs, as in starting a thread about it?

But never mentioning Israel sticking their nose into Irans affairs?

Seems a bit hypocritical given Israel's history on the nuclear subject and ongoing IAEA issues with their non compliance..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The constant influx of threads on the subject of religion has really gotten out of control, but they are out of control because the events of today are propelling them so. And I too am sick of it all. I comment because I feel like I might reach someone, someone out there might read my words and understand what I am concerned about and why, or maybe tell me something enlightening that will change my mind. Recently I have found myself getting sooooo worked up about islamic topics, the smuggness and hatred oozyism bleeds on this site riles me up, he represents everything evil about islam to many here, he challenges you to 'take up for' your own, and he brings out the worst in me. That ain't who I am. I am a fun loving chick who likes strange topics and weird news, space and voyages, the possible and impossible, those are my reasons for coming to ATS, but more and more I find myself taking up for my country on ATS. Not anything I expected when I signed on here a few years ago.

Star and flag Slayer, love the song BTW.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think this is the first time I have posted in one of these threads.

In the long run, it will be as it always is...may the best man win.

*ducks, *runs for cover

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Yup, I'm with ya Slayer!...... I've been called an "islamophobe" and an "anti-semite", sometimes by the same person! Now THAT'S entertainment!

I had a hard time reading the rest of your reply, I was laughing the whole time becuase I could totally identify with that situation.

SLAYER69 AKA Islamophobic anti-semite.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Seems a bit hypocritical given Israel's history on the nuclear subject and ongoing IAEA issues with their non compliance..

"Non-compliance" with WHAT?

Ah, never mind. I promised my granny I wasn't going back into that arena...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

No please do...I'm always open to facts...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

No please do...I'm always open to facts...

Well, if you insist.... granny's probably asleep right now, anyhow.

It was neither a fact nor a statement, it was a question.

"non-compliance" with WHAT?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

www.iaea.org...

I can find more if you want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join