It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with intense emotions constructively

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think as time goes on I am getting angrier and angrier. I didn't used to be like this. Nowadays It's like I can't get through the day without one thing or another making me absolutely furious. The lying politicians, The evil corporate monopolies, the suppression of world benefitting technologies, the globalist plot to destroy us. Every day, I hear some messed up story about cops tazing people to death and arresting the victims of crimes, or the president doing the opposite of everything he promised in his campaign, Or about how everything is poisonous and giving us cancer by design. I am very angry. Like murderously angry. And my life just gets more unbearable every year to the point where I don't even wan't to live anymore, I just want to live long enough to see all the people I hate die.

So how do you people deal with your extreme emotions over all the tyranny and criminal pillaging going on in the world today? how do you keep sane when it feels like you should be storming the castle with pitchforks and torches. metaphorically speaking.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

how do you keep sane when it feels like you should be storming the castle with pitchforks and torches

I usually sign on to ATS and look for threads that make me feel better about my own situation...it's only a quick fix, but hey.

For instance: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Guyopitz,

Many of us are angry that is for sure but it isn't in our hands to square up most of the things that anger us. Rom.12:19 the Great Creator says "vengeance is mine: I will repay, sayeth the Lord". We must put that burden in His hands and not do anything drastic of ourselves as two wrongs don't make a right. We are to be angry and sin not. Eph. 4:26. I don't know if you are of Christian persuasion or not, if you are look up the word "indignation" used in Dan. 8:19, and there is several different "indignation" so use that one only for that verse. It is described as God's furious, frothing wrath at the last end. So I would say He is also very, very angry as things are certainly near His limit. For me I must put it in His hands and find rest in Him as He invites..

I will leave it at that. Truthiron

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
well I use laughter to quell other emotions.
I find something funny about that certain individual
or entity and laugh at them making a fool of
themselves like in this video.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, first of all, I'm not sane, I'm human... Big difference imho.

So being that, I can only tell you of things that make me less insane. Here are 3 things that keep me more sane:

1. Turn off all electronics for a day every now and then.
2. Contemplate the workings of the universe.
3. Go on a long paced mountain bike ride. Drink a few beers afterwards.

edit on 9-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Actually,
A year and a half on ATS has taught me how to look at something infuriating and switch off the anger.

That cartoon (You've seen it.) says it all.

Wife: "Are you coming to bed honey?"
Husband: "In a minute. Someone is wrong on the internet."

There are 6+ billion people on this screwed up planet and statictics say we're going to disagree with what half of them think and do. That's a lot of stuff going on that we won't agree with.

We have to learn to accept that these things will happen no matter how mad or frustrated we get. Once we calm down a bit, we can make better decisions.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah I know what you mean...seems like as I get older (I'm still young though
) at times it can be more troublesome. I've thought about leaving the internet/news for awhile, even simply to gain some perspective. It would seem odd almost to not being plugged into technology 24/7 like most of us are, but as shocking as this is, people in the past somehow were able to manage with only newspapers.

I think there was a time when personal time, the things in your immediate experience, and knowing what was going on in other areas of the world were a little better balanced as a ratio. Our "community" has been steadily going outwards and with it we have closer contact to BS. Back decades ago, I'd imagine the city you live in was a big part of experience and peoples' attention. But now, the city you live in is almost irrelevant since our attention goes to the internet and what's going on there.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

if you're really suffering from the hate and depression it make you feel.. and no fruit comes from them..
then meditate and breathe and consciously let go of those emotions...

i know it's difficult.. because recent studies have shown that anger in a male's brain gets the same type of reward hormones as sexual feelings do.

it's tough.. anger i there as a tool, it's purpose is to inspire one to change his surroundings to fit a more comfortable one for himself...
if that anger keeps flaring.. and you'r not doing anything directly to fix the situation.. then it's pointless right?
no point in feeling it.. it's just torturing yourself.

so the only other recourse would be to let it go.

- i totally hear what you're saying. .. i was getting the same way a few years ago...
especially when people blew off the things you're talking about when i mentioned it to them..
so i stopped talking about it because it was destroying my relationships... and making me feel like crap after EVERY experience involving it.

i decided to focus on love.
sound airy fairy?
as opposed to what then?
you know?

love is the answer.. and i mean real deep nonjudgmental unconditional love...just need to let your defenses and prejudices down.

new topics

top topics

join