It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERPOL issues global alert for increased terror threat if Koran burning in US goes ahead as planne

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I really don't understand how this is being played out?

They are taking this that seriously that they are issueing a global terror alert, so they realise the consequences of the book burning going ahead. Yet nobody from the authorities have lifted this guy yet.

If someone were to say that on a certain day they were going to blow up the holiest Islamic shrine, knowing that the consequences would be dire, they would be arrested in a split second.

Whats the difference? When it comes to a holy book, burning one can have the same effect as blowing a sacred place up.

I know theres the issue of arresting someone for something they haven't done yet, but when there is so much at stake, i think he should be locked up for the safety of others. Yes i know many others have done this, but IMO society has no place for these people, whether they be from the church, the forces or just ordinary members of public.

CX.

Wow, that has to be one of the most anti-freedom posts I have ever read. You don't see the difference between threatening to burn down a building and burning books? On top of that you support locking up people that
committed no crime just for the "safety of others".

Please tell me you are joking.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

OK, OK, OK! I give. PHEWWW!

I have avoided this whoe Quran burning thing since the beginning, but this development from Interpol made me have to respond! This is great!

Do I think they should burn the Quran? No.
Do I think they should burn the Bible? No.

Do I think the actions of one preacher, in one little church should warrant a reaction by Interpol??

Are they serious? A worldwide alert? Because one religious nutjob wants to make a statement, and now they are afraid a million other religious nutjobs will react violently?

I am a religious man. Most people would call me a Christian, I disagree, but that is another debate. If someone is pissing on the bible, a picture of my mother, and and has a voodoo doll of Jesus with a candy cane up its arse halfway around the world, fine. Who cares? Is Interpol going to issue a worldwide alert over it?

This is great.

Yep. The curse is true! We do live in interesting times.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Star for you.

And you know what, I don't think people will ever learn.

I think this whole fiasco could possibly lead to somebody doing something crazy. This could possibly give the PTB a reason to start more wars.

EDIT: I just saw on the mainstream news that the pastor behind this whole thing was canceling the Quran burning day.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Striker122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm against the burning of the Quran/Koran.

However that being said. There is this whole freedom of speech thing that we have here in the states that many have fought and died for so idiots like this preacher can burn books.
As much as I am bothered by the idea of this act I had to laugh. Muslims to burn US flags

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Pastor canceled. How fitting. He got in over his head? Perhaps, but he also accomplished what he wanted to and gained the attention he wished to gain while making the point he wished to make. I wonder if this will blow over for him or if the consequences of his actions will have longer lasting affect? Did he start a momentum of sorts? Time will tell.

As for the Flag burning, I have to agree with the above poster. This has been a staple used in protest all over the world for a very long time. Nothing new to that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It also makes me think of the NWO's plan of setting the Religions up against eachother for their own purpose..

I have tried to lay this all out in my All Roads Lead to Rome thread that this is all grand theatre and drama being created just for this purpose.

It's kind of sad though, in that humans aren't much different than Roosters or Dogs in a Cock or a Dog fight. You can even tell them they have been manipulated into the ring, into fighting, and that one or both of them is going to die for someone elses sport or profit and they really don't care.

Divided for millenia along ethnic, cultural, and religious lines, the average person's identidy and sense of self is so interwoven with these things, you would think the average American's name is Uncle Sam Christ the way they do respond to these manipulations.

To many its all about pure ego and hubris, and some misguided need to be number one in their mind.

Pride comes before the fall, and whether Rome and the Powers that Be appeal to your pride through your religion, nationality, ethnicity or political party, the know all to well how to prime people to fight one another.

I have been trying to reason with many members for weeks now to little or no avail, the atmosphere is really more charged now than it was in the immediate aftermath of September 11th.

It's possible the reason the media is hyping this so much is because they are using Silient Sound Spread Spectrum in the digital broadcasts to ratchet up the emotions.

Hopefully calmer heads will soon prevail all the way around, but for the time being this remains a insanely volatile situation and amazingly is over nothing but posturing and preening on all sides at the moment.

No one has done everything yet, but that rush to write it all in stone like they have and will, is truly insane.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well it worked. Terrorist threats obviously can control what Americans do.

I agree this feels like one big setup.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What if this is another False Flag ? If they know that Muslims all over the world gets 'upset' and feels that this BBQ deserves maybe hundreds of civilian lives, just look at what happend when that Danish cartoonist/newspaper man printed pictures of muhamed, they went all ballistic on the Danish embassy's.

Im gonna put a link here, I think it is very onTopic even though I know many will say it is not, I see the correlation to everything that is happening.
It is supposedly written in the late 1890's or near the century shift...Makes it 100 years old.
And even if it was a hoax, the info is DeadOn !!

I see it goes under other names : 'The Reptilian Covenant' and 'Elders of Zion.'
THE SECRET COVENANT.

Their minds will belong to us and they will do as we say.
If they refuse we shall find ways to implement mind-altering technology
into their lives. We will use fear as our weapon.

We will establish their governments and establish opposites within.
We will own both sides.

We will always hide our objective but carry out our plan.

They will perform the labor for us and we shall prosper from their toil.

Our families will never mix with theirs. Our blood must be pure
always, for it is the way.

We will make them kill each other when it suits us.

We will keep them separated from the oneness by dogma and religion.

We will control all aspects of their lives and tell them what to think and how.

We will guide them kindly and gently letting them think they are guiding
themselves.

We will foment animosity between them through our factions.

When a light shall shine among them, we shall extinguish it by ridicule,
or death, whichever suits us best.

We will make them rip each other's hearts apart and kill their own children.

We will accomplish this by using hate as our ally, anger as our friend.

The hate will blind them totally, and never shall they see that from their
conflicts we emerge as their rulers. They will be busy killing each other.

They will bathe in their own blood and kill their neighbors for as long as we see fit.

We will benefit greatly from this, for they will not see us, for they
cannot see us.

We will continue to prosper from their wars and their deaths.

We shall repeat this over and over until our ultimate goal is
accomplished.

We will continue to make them live in fear and anger
though images and sounds.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok its offical we need to keep interpol out of our country.

Apparently it is being used as a propaganda tool.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
Ok its offical we need to keep interpol out of our country.

Apparently it is being used as a propaganda tool.

Totally agree, it's interpol that is the threat... did you notice the words "world police body’s assistance in warning law enforcement" This is ALL about global control...not terrorism.

edit on 9-9-2010 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You have the freedom to burn a flag, but not a book?
Not only U.S. citizens, but a whole world warning? You can put a crucifix into a jar of p*$$, but can't draw a cartoon of another figurehead?
To hell with PC and being all sensitive and afraid.
Time Americanz grew a pair, or find the ones they lost.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ah, yes, lets all assume that we live in a civilized world with civilized laws that assures that all men and woman are equal...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/499597b8c9b3df6b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I bet there isnt a single person actually ready to retaliate at a global scale over this. Maybe angry protestors, but I bet (and I am speculating here) there isnt even an actual threat, other then a false flag attack. The reason the media is giving it so much attention is because no one will be surprised when there is an attack. Its not even hard to sell it to people. Have Jones talk for a few minutes, followed by filming a few muslim radicals that live in caves holding AKs, as if they had the resources or technology to do anything about it, (which they don't in comparison to the US) speaking in angry arabic about how they are going to blow up america, and you've got your whole campaign.

Sometimes I wonder if they're even trying to hide it anymore

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
But I thought Islam was the "religion of peace". Why would there be terrorism if Qu'rans get burned?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Maybe the americans are destracted from this bill s.510 ?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

There is only one rule:
- Get out of their homes to feel safe in your own.

You can't occupy their countries and install puppet regimes and not expect a backlash.. I'm not even talking about the other thousands of horrific crimes you guys have cause in Muslim nations in the name of war, especially cold war.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

There is only one rule:
- Get out of their homes to feel safe in your own.

You can't occupy their countries and install puppet regimes and not expect a backlash.. I'm not even talking about the other thousands of horrific crimes you guys have cause in Muslim nations in the name of war, especially cold war.

Yes, agreed...
When you say 'you guys' , what do you mean ? I am from Norway is you were hinting to Me being from and or supporting the wars of the Cannon Fodder nation america..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by antar

TPTB have got to be loving this (as in, opportunity is knocking...) what better way to continue to divide and conquer the peoples of different countries/religions, huh? They just sit back and watch us do ourselves what they would be accused of "false flagging" otherwise. Unbelievable (well, not really). People still have not learned anything from history...

Well said. Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again. P. S. Y. O. P.

Incite hate
Induce fear
Provoke violence
Chaos
Abuse authority
Grab all power
US is renamed The United States of Alcatraz
Game over

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I made an assumption that you were from America

Now I know you are from Norway

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This isn't just about us occupying other countries (something I agree is wrong and we need to end). This is about a violent group of people basing their actions on an extreme understanding of their faith threatening global violence if one man would act on his right to free speech and burn a book. As a Christian I understand the Quran does not equate to the Bible in their eyes. They hold the quran in a similar position as Christians do Jesus Christ. This man burning qurans would be like Muslims burning an effigy of Jesus, which they wouldnt do since they revere him as a prophet. They do however burn down churches and massacre innocent Christians left and right.

This is about a violent religion showing it's true colors, and the world acting surprised about it and blaming one man who is speaking against something he finds evil, even if I do disagree with the way he is going about doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join