It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor May Halt Koran-Burning 'If Obama Asks'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
Laws on outdoor burning in Gainesville, Florida, HERE

Taken from www.cityofgainesville.org...

this won't stop the burning if they are persistent.

A lot of folks have fireplaces in their home
and there is no law against that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
BURN BURN BURN

Burn the Koran, Burn the Flag, Burn it all. I DONT CARE.

While they are at it, Burn a doobie. There at least has to be some sort of peace in all of this.

If they are so focused entirely on Hate, than that shows us what these religious aholes are really about. They are not about peace, they are about war, and harming others for not believing in the same things they do.
People are so damned ignorant not to see this. Its all a stupid ploy to make people go against one another for NO REASON at all besides religous bickering and religous domination from both sides.

Can people not focus on things that really matter instead of focusing on this BS ?

WTF is wrong with people?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Obama spoke out against the revolt concerning the Mosque because he IS President as well as a Professor of US Constitutional Law. And this was a violation of the US Constitution. Plain and Simple.

I can't believe that the POTUS would even acknowledge this fool. It has nothing to do with his role as President.

And if this clown were to carry out the burning of the Koran, it should be publicized as such. "Fool burns Koran as Publicity Stunt "

This guy is only doing this for the money. He's looking for free publicity resulting in more people contributing their money to his little congregation of like minded ignoramuses with nothing better to do than to hate others.

Didn't the KKK use to burn crosses at their big hootenanny's and in the front yards of people they didn't like ?

This is Pretty much the same mindset, sans the sheets and torches.

Like a pain in the a$$ kid looking for attention, don't give him the attention he's after.

Plain and Simple.

Stay away, far far away ....from ignoramuses such as this...it's contagious.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Was this minister part of an ecumenical Muslim awareness corroboration?
To get the big media guns ALL following this story he had to be connected somehow.

This story is getting hundreds of thousands of click throughs on the news sites and young kids that usually never give a thought to religion are now surfing over to Muslim sites and studying the Koran!

Christian/Muslim demographic is to religion as Mcdonalds/Burger King are to fast food, so its really a win win situation.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Obama spoke out against the revolt concerning the Mosque because he IS President...

I can't believe that the POTUS would even acknowledge this fool. ...

Kinda hypocritical of you, don't you think?
Considering these two issues are very similar when it comes to The Constitution.

Both the Imam and the Pastor have the right to build/burn, but yet they shouldn't!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is nothing like what the KKK did.

They were about vigilante justice. They threatened people - and carried out the threats with violence - on people, often in their own homes. (My granddad was one. He was white, ftr)

This guy is just going to burn a book. HIS BOOK. ON HIS PROPERTY.

edit on 9-9-2010 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am sure the point has already been made, so I’ll say it again.

The Pastor is reminisant of all those anti-social ‘artist’; who, for many years, have been trying to make a mockery of Jesus Christ and his followers. They have abused Christian Icons and beliefs, trying to put them in their own gutter as a vain attempt to belittle and ridicule the Christian Faith.

I do not have to mention all the nasty, vile, disturbing acts ‘artist’ in this country have perpetrated against the Christians in the name of expression. You know the long list of anti-Christian “art work” I refer to.

As a follower of the teachings of Christ, I did not appreciate the decades of ‘Christ-bashing’!

However, as a defender of freedom, I looked the other way and realized ‘they knew not of what they did’.

God gave man free will, and I respect that.

The Pastor, in my opinion, is acting like those New York “artist” by burning the Koran. He is only doing it to prove a point.

He has learned how to behave from the worst of us; the New York ‘artist’.

What can we learn from this? Muslims need to chill out and deal with other people’s expressions.

The Pastor may be stealing the tactics of religious provocation from the anti-Christians, but we need to stand up for his right to do so. The Muslims need to learn that violence is not the apprioate response to being offended by free expression.

The other thing that can be learned from this controversy is that the current administration has gone to great lengths to condemn and ultimately stop this act of free speech. But they have not uttered a word about all the other ‘non-Muslim’ religious acts of degradation, like that of the image of Jesus being placed in urine.

So, what can we learn from our government! The administration pressured the Pastor to stop the show because they FEARED Muslim violence.

If G.W.B. pressured the New York ‘artist’ to not portray Jesus in a negative way, how do you think the “press” would react?

We, as a free society, can not allow a group of close minded religious freaks to threaten us with violence because they don’t approve of the way a member of our society is expressing themselves.
When it comes down to it, maybe we can learn from the Muslims!
The government does not fear the American people here, but it does fear the Muslims a world away.
Whose fault is that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join